Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Media

The Media Topics and information relating to the Media (publications, television, press, first amendment issues, etc) of interest to SOS Associates and Users

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-06-2010, 11:16 AM

There are some things that we can say that hurt all other members, BECAUSE, these forums are being read by many others. They can and do change one or more words to give a completely different meaning than was intended. When that happens it is something that is tacked to this forum also. I have not been to any events planned by SOSinfo but I respect it the same as I did the beginning of the old SOSorg. I will always try my best to never bring shame to our forum or members.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:44 AM

Profiling the racists.

tea party activists, birthers, global-warming deniers and viewers of Fox News.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...ice-bodyguards
Old 03-08-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
There are some things that we can say that hurt all other members, BECAUSE, these forums are being read by many others. They can and do change one or more words to give a completely different meaning than was intended. When that happens it is something that is tacked to this forum also. I have not been to any events planned by SOSinfo but I respect it the same as I did the beginning of the old SOSorg. I will always try my best to never bring shame to our forum or members.
There are two problems with this point of view. First, anyone at all who wants to, like me, can register on this forum. And also, you must be registered at this forum in order to read it at all. (The last time I checked, anyway.) And also, the tendency to distort the meaning of what people say is the strategy of the opposition. The problem is that many who make the most noise about representing SOS, also work the hardest to deliberately misinterpret what people say here.

As long as SOS itself is honest about representing itself and others clearly sympathetic, then it is best to ignore the criticisms and distortions coming from the illegal supporters. All they want is your attention, and if you give it to them, they win. They also win when people identified with SOS apply the same strategy. It is obvious that many here wish to dull outrage against the illegals and assume a tone more like the illegal supporters. It is not hard to see that given enough time and deference to these people, SOS will eventually come around to things like amnesty or other equivilants -- anything but aggressive enforcement against the simple presence of illegal immigrants and their enablers among legal immigrants as well.

Everyone knows that those most passionate about denouncing racism, for example, care the least about what racism actually is. They say they know what racism is and are not obliged to any explanation about what that is. And they get along perfectly well with real racists, who they need to prop up their shallow and corrupt poliitics.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:09 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
There are two problems with this point of view. First, anyone at all who wants to, like me, can register on this forum. And also, you must be registered at this forum in order to read it at all. (The last time I checked, anyway.) And also, the tendency to distort the meaning of what people say is the strategy of the opposition. The problem is that many who make the most noise about representing SOS, also work the hardest to deliberately misinterpret what people say here.

As long as SOS itself is honest about representing itself and others clearly sympathetic, then it is best to ignore the criticisms and distortions coming from the illegal supporters. All they want is your attention, and if you give it to them, they win. They also win when people identified with SOS apply the same strategy. It is obvious that many here wish to dull outrage against the illegals and assume a tone more like the illegal supporters. It is not hard to see that given enough time and deference to these people, SOS will eventually come around to things like amnesty or other equivilants -- anything but aggressive enforcement against the simple presence of illegal immigrants and their enablers among legal immigrants as well..
No, you don't have to register just to read the forums. No one here wants to dull any outrage against illegals. Some of us here may wish to dull the rantings of people who rant only, or spend more time ranting and representing themselves as the the only ones with the true answers than getting out and ranting where it may really do some good.
Your post is not very inspirational.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
No, you don't have to register just to read the forums. No one here wants to dull any outrage against illegals. Some of us here may wish to dull the rantings of people who rant only, or spend more time ranting and representing themselves as the the only ones with the true answers than getting out and ranting where it may really do some good.
Your post is not very inspirational.
Well, obviously, somewhere in there, you are talking about me and my posts. When have I ever represented myself as "the only one with the true answers"? I am, however, only too willing to defend my point of view against more than one other person who disagrees with me at the same time.

I'm sorry you don't find my post inspirational. I'll let you know when I am actually trying to be inspirational so that you may more properly judge my efforts.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Well, obviously, somewhere in there, you are talking about me and my posts. When have I ever represented myself as "the only one with the true answers"? I am, however, only too willing to defend my point of view against more than one other person who disagrees with me at the same time.

I'm sorry you don't find my post inspirational. I'll let you know when I am actually trying to be inspirational so that you may more properly judge my efforts.
You don't have to let anyone 'know' when you're doing anything, we can read exactly what you're doing. And this is the second time I will let you know that your posts are very close to crossing the line, very close. You mocked me when I warned you the last time, but I wasn't kidding or just wagging my finger, one more time you rant anything close to being racist I will put you in the restricted area. Now I hope I made myself clear enough.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
You don't have to let anyone 'know' when you're doing anything, we can read exactly what you're doing. And this is the second time I will let you know that your posts are very close to crossing the line, very close. You mocked me when I warned you the last time, but I wasn't kidding or just wagging my finger, one more time you rant anything close to being racist I will put you in the restricted area. Now I hope I made myself clear enough.
We can read exactly what you are doing? I'm not mocking anyone. Quote me. Nothing I post is even close to being racist. If it was, you would quote me first and accuse me later and I certainly could quote many posters here who are openly racist even while opposing illegal immigration.

Look at this post here:

http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=1291

Notice in this list of 32 questions, copied and pasted from a site with no reference or link to the original site, I altered the list so that no references were made to Mexicans. And I've said this before. It is possible to address Mexico's flagrant contempt for our laws and especially our immigration laws without using the word "Mexican" anywhere and so be completely innocent of any accusations of racism. Even though Mexican claims in the US of being a seperate race ("La Raza") are completely bogus anyway.

My posts are the complete opposite of racist and I defy anyone to quote me otherwise.

You can do whatever you want and will. I'm not changing my behavior. There is nothing to change and increasingly, nobody to talk to. I came here to talk about illegal immigration and the vast majority of posting here seems to be copy and pasted news items or petty back biting against other feeble opposition groups.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:53 PM

Towller, my post was not directed at you. It was in response to discussing things on the forum for everyone out there to see, it was simply my opinion.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:54 PM

Ok, Twoller, I don't know what your experience is.

However, before the civil rights act, things were different that they are now. There were the tracks and one's place in relation to those tracks. That's the way it was then, they couldn't eat in the same restaurants as whites and all the other stuff "Latino Advocates" babble about as though it still were going on today.

In 1960, Elena's family went to visit relatives in other states. In Deming New Mexico, Elena and her relatives were forcibly ran back across the tracks just because the young cousins wanted some ice cream from a "white" establishment. In 2005, we ate breakfast in the same place, which had become a restaurant. No problems.

On the 1960 trip, some Border Patrol agents in Texas tore their car apart - merely because they were a car full of brown people.

About 2004 we visited some of my relatives in Texas. I expected the white people to have something to prove concerning a white man and a brown woman, but not a one batted an eye. To the contrary, it was the "Mexicans" who had the problem concerning the situation.

However, you carry on as though you live 50 years in the past, verbally resurrecting all that crap which for the most part is gone, but of which some of the older of the brown persuasion won't or can't let go of as well some of the impressionable youngsters who carry on as though it were their own experience.

And you aid those inclined towards those beliefs by making everyone here look like Klansmen.

Get a grip as to who is an American citizen with Latin American ancestry and who is an illegal from Latin America.

They aren't the same people.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Towller, my post was not directed at you. It was in response to discussing things on the forum for everyone out there to see, it was simply my opinion.
I understand that it was not directed at me, nor was my response directed at you. I was taking the opportunity to criticize that particular point of view that has been expressed by others here at the forum and not just you.