Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-03-2010, 04:48 PM

So what is Fr. Moonbeam going to do in office and what can we do to make his life a living hell when he is trying to do it?
Old 11-03-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
So what is Fr. Moonbeam going to do in office and what can we do to make his life a living hell when he is trying to do it?
Will it matter?
Old 11-03-2010, 05:52 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:

What is he going to do?

Definitely: 1) Go along with whatever the unions want; 2) Rubber stamp the insane budgets the state legislature will produce ... that the Republicans can no longer trim b/c now only a simple maj. is required rather than 2/3; 3) Hand out financial aid to illegal alien college students

Maybe: A) Grant drivers licenses to illegal aliens; B) Spearhead drives to hand over all sorts of taxpayer funded subsidies for "green energy" projects that private industry won't touch b/c of lack of profitability.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:24 PM

Well, the illegal alien student thing might be easier than it looks.

How exactly does one become an illegal alien college student? If your illegal parents burped you up here, you are an anchor baby and you don't have to act like you are illegal at all. So it isn't anchor babies who are looking forward to college tuition for illegal immigrants.

It sounds like illegal immigrants are actually carting their nits accross the borders with them in some cases. Is this what is happening? Typically, we don't imagine that illegals haul families with them, the image is of people coming alone after paying off organized crime. Or they get pregnant and them come here to burp up anchor babies.

So instead of breaking out the outrage when they starting asking for college tuition, we might be able to confront them a little further up the production line.

There is also the other issue of how an illegal qualifies for college tuition. They must have sufficient educational background to get it. Where are they getting that? And why can't we boot them out of whatever educational system they are using to prepare for college?
Old 11-04-2010, 03:18 AM

Default Thoughts:

Just remember, illegal alien college students normally can't legally and legitimately get a job after graduation !! There are cases of them moaning and groaning because no-one would hire them. Some crying two years after graduation and still unemployed.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:27 AM

Default Thoughts:

Just remember, illegal alien college students normally can't legally and legitimately get a job after graduation !! There are cases of them moaning and groaning because no-one would hire them. Some crying two years after graduation and still unemployed.

As to Jerry Moonbeam, I read a couple of days ago that he confessed that while Governor last time he did not actually have a plan !!!! He just went drifting along and let things happen. It may be that he is just as clueless now.

I don't think Brown will be giving away the company store now if there isn't any store to give away ! With his deficit and the Government defaulting it could be the medicine that moderates his loose and liberal mentality.

About the only consolation that I can think of is that California is an example of what the other states don't want to be.

How did California and New York get so many of these screwball fruitcakes ? Could it be our liberal educational system ?

Bill O'Reilly asked that same question last night and came up with some pretty good answers for California at least.

Last edited by wetibbe; 11-04-2010 at 03:29 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:52 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post

As to Jerry Moonbeam, I read a couple of days ago that he confessed that while Governor last time he did not actually have a plan !!!! He just went drifting along and let things happen. It may be that he is just as clueless now.

I don't think Brown will be giving away the company store now if there isn't any store to give away ! With his deficit and the Government defaulting it could be the medicine that moderates his loose and liberal mentality.

Won't give away the store? The unions just spent millions getting him elected and don't want anything in return? You don't think he's willing to spend CA taxpayer money to make a certain constituency happy - particularly one that gave him lots of votes (Young and Hispanic)?

Do you remember the speech he gave at UCLA less than a week ago wherein he said that financial aid for illegal aliens (The California DREAM Act) in CA is exactly what he'll deliver?

Which Democratic politicians in this state, whom you can name, have stopped spending irresponsibly because we're billions in debt?

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 11-04-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:31 AM

I understand Pocho. Never been a runner, but sometimes it has to happen. I love my country, it's worth fighting for, and it had nothing to do with Prop 19!
How could that be?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:47 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
We can fight. Just like we always have. There's no reason to quit, because there's no freedom anywhere unless you fight for it. That's the way it's always been everywhere.
We'll go on the offensive again real soon. We'll let the election hangover pass, and then start building up our forces again. California has some of the best climate and geography. There may be those of us who think they can survive and flourish in less hospitable areas, but I often see them return after a few years or less. If you end up being one of those who feel you can find a better life by leaving, I wish you the best, but it's not for me. I've been all over the country, and save for the climate in Florida and Hawaii, California is my choice. Hawaii is too expensive with limited opportunities, and Florida is too crowded and full of foreigners too
Old 11-04-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
We can fight. Just like we always have. There's no reason to quit, because there's no freedom anywhere unless you fight for it. That's the way it's always been everywhere.
We'll go on the offensive again real soon. We'll let the election hangover pass, and then start building up our forces again. California has some of the best climate and geography. There may be those of us who think they can survive and flourish in less hospitable areas, but I often see them return after a few years or less. If you end up being one of those who feel you can find a better life by leaving, I wish you the best, but it's not for me. I've been all over the country, and save for the climate in Florida and Hawaii, California is my choice. Hawaii is too expensive with limited opportunities, and Florida is too crowded and full of foreigners too
Well I know many who have left California but none who ever came back. The grass may not be greener in other states, but the cost of living is usually much lower. Nevertheless, I admire your fighting spirit.

I am actually bolstered by the elections, even as I think California is probably doomed. I believe that California will not change until it really crashes and burns. The state will be forced to default and the question will be whether or not the Fed Gov will provide a "bail out." I believe there will be overwhelming opposition to any proposal to "bail out" California, much like the hostility to the proposed New York City bailout under President Gerald Ford so many years ago. There is tremendous hatred of California in other parts of the country, some of which is a bi-product of the growing resistance to illegal immigration. Just look at Arizona! Arizonans are fighting for their country and I don't think they'll volunteer to pay more taxes to bail out a state like California that basically surrendered and ran up the white flag.

I don't know about actual secession, but I do see an increasing Balkanization of the country. The Health Care fiasco and other social programs will become increasingly irrelevant as the dollar collapses and massive French Revolution style civil unrest occurs. Some people are predicting hyperinflation, like in the post-WW1 Weimar Republic.

I guess one issue will be who gets to control the keys to the nuclear weapons? Kind of like the movie Crimson Tide with Gene Hackman and Denzel Washington where a US missile sub is dispatched to launch on mythical, disintegrating Russia where one faction gained control of part of its nuclear arsenal and is threatening to attack the USA.

Will Russia dispatch a nuclear sub to launch on us if some faction seizes part of our nuclear arsenal and threatens "world peace"? Kind of like Crimson Tide in reverse. Anything is possible. This election reveals significant fissures in the country that cannot be healed by feel-good rhetoric and slogans.

Obama is going to India with a fleet of jets and 34 warships at a cost of $200 million per day. Our country is disintegrating, people are massively unemployed and we're on the brink of economic collapse, and our meglomanical leader is going off on another vacation to live like royalty in the land of maharajas. This lunatic is totally disconnected from reality. He is like the emperor Nero fiddling while Rome burned.

Last edited by Don; 11-04-2010 at 09:17 AM.