Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-30-2011, 06:46 AM

Default Rick Perry hits a home run !

Even though Rick Perry backpedaled, showed contrition, apologized, none the less he has hit a home run with immigration.

I pride myself with being honest, fair, objective and balanced. I'm taking a step back pending more information. I'm a very meticulous person who carefully researches all aspects and this report needs to be digested carefully. It is dynamite !

This report is 182 pages with attachments. It was commissioned by Texas. Exactly why it was released at this opportune time while Perry is getting his brains beat out raised questions, But it was in the works for a very long time.

http://www.texasagriculture.gov/vgn/...20Security.pdf

Last edited by wetibbe; 09-30-2011 at 06:48 AM.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:42 PM

The pdf won't download on my computer.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:05 AM

Default Sorry

Sorry Jean:

I just checked the link and it is fine on mine. But my computer has lots of oomph. This is a very big file.

Give this a try for some excerpts:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ary+Assessment.

Last edited by wetibbe; 10-01-2011 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:57 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
The pdf won't download on my computer.
It's a really big file, and does just seem to sit there doing nothing, but eventually it opens. But you may also need to check your adobe or PDF reader to see if it needs a more current upgrade, because sometimes that slows it down too. After that, put down any novels or biographies you're reading, 'cause this one is going to take up some time to read

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 10-01-2011 at 06:00 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:44 AM

wettibe, if this PDF file is such a dramatic achievement for Perry against illegal immigration, you should be able to cut and paste a few tantalizing samples from this huge document for our, and his, benefit.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:51 PM

Default XX

TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
TODD STAPLES
COMMISSIONER
September 26, 2011
Dear Fellow Texan:
I am pleased to deliver to you this important report entitled “Texas Border
Security: A Strategic Military Assessment.” This report is the culmination of
many efforts that started with rural farmers and ranchers bringing pleas for a
secure border to me.
The 82nd Texas Legislature recognized this critical issue and the numerous accounts of cross-border
violence and tasked the Texas Department of Agriculture via House Bill 4, to conduct:
“an assessment of the impact of illegal activity along the Texas-Mexico border on rural
landowners and the agriculture industry and working in conjunction with other appropriate
entities to develop recommendations to enhance border security.”
In accomplishing this legislative directive, the Texas Department of Agriculture joined with the
Texas Department of Public Safety to jointly commission retired four-star Army General Barry
McCaffrey and retired Army Major-General Robert Scales for this unique and strategic assessment.
General Barry McCaffrey is the former Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy
under President Bill Clinton and former Commander of all U.S. troops in Central and South
America. Major-General Robert Scales is the former Commandant of the United States Army War
College.
The report offers a military perspective on how to best incorporate strategic, operational and tactical
measures to secure the increasingly hostile border regions along the Rio Grande River. It also
provides sobering evidence of cartel criminals gaining ground on Texas soil.
As Texas continues to seek and deliver solutions to this attack on our nation’s sovereignty, I hope
you will find this report enlightening and helpful in our collaborative efforts. We must continue this
effort until the rights of property owners to live and work are upheld without threat of violence.
Sincerely yours,
Todd Staples
Texas Border Security: A Strategic Military Assessment, 09/20/11 Colgen LP

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The report is massive. A few cuts and pastes from 182 pages won't provide the flavor and context of this document.

The computer industry is fast moving and evolving. Those that persist in hanging on to old, obsolete computers and software will be left behind.

Last edited by wetibbe; 10-01-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
TODD STAPLES
COMMISSIONER
September 26, 2011
Dear Fellow Texan:
I am pleased to deliver to you this important report entitled “Texas Border
Security: A Strategic Military Assessment.” This report is the culmination of
many efforts that started with rural farmers and ranchers bringing pleas for a
secure border to me.
The 82nd Texas Legislature recognized this critical issue and the numerous accounts of cross-border
violence and tasked the Texas Department of Agriculture via House Bill 4, to conduct:
“an assessment of the impact of illegal activity along the Texas-Mexico border on rural
landowners and the agriculture industry and working in conjunction with other appropriate
entities to develop recommendations to enhance border security.”
In accomplishing this legislative directive, the Texas Department of Agriculture joined with the
Texas Department of Public Safety to jointly commission retired four-star Army General Barry
McCaffrey and retired Army Major-General Robert Scales for this unique and strategic assessment.
General Barry McCaffrey is the former Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy
under President Bill Clinton and former Commander of all U.S. troops in Central and South
America. Major-General Robert Scales is the former Commandant of the United States Army War
College.
The report offers a military perspective on how to best incorporate strategic, operational and tactical
measures to secure the increasingly hostile border regions along the Rio Grande River. It also
provides sobering evidence of cartel criminals gaining ground on Texas soil.
As Texas continues to seek and deliver solutions to this attack on our nation’s sovereignty, I hope
you will find this report enlightening and helpful in our collaborative efforts. We must continue this
effort until the rights of property owners to live and work are upheld without threat of violence.
Sincerely yours,
Todd Staples
Texas Border Security: A Strategic Military Assessment, 09/20/11 Colgen LP

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The report is massive. A few cuts and pastes from 182 pages won't provide the flavor and context of this document.

The computer industry is fast moving and evolving. Those that persist in hanging on to old, obsolete computers and software will be left behind.
What was that? A jab at me because I'm not "fast moving and evolving"? If you have so much cash and can stay up to date with technology, then maybe you can donate some of that cash to SOS. I'm sure you could reimburse me for what I've donated and then I would have more money to put toward "fast moving and evolving" technology. Just saying!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 08:18 PM

Default Perry wants to put US troops in Mexico

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-15140560

Quote:
Rick Perry suggests US military role in Mexico drug war

Texas Governor Rick Perry - who is seeking the Republican nomination for US president - has said he would consider sending American troops into Mexico to combat drug-related violence.

Mr Perry was speaking during a campaign appearance in New Hampshire.

"It may require our military in Mexico working in concert with them to kill these drug cartels and keep them off our border," he said.

Such a move would go far beyond current US involvement in Mexico's drugs war.

Governor Perry gave no further details of what sort of possible military intervention he would consider.

"I don't know all the different scenarios that would be out there," he said.

"But I think it is very important for us to work with them to keep that country from failing".

Sovereignty

After the speech, the White House said it would continue its "historic level of cooperation with Mexico" to protect people on both sides of the border.

President Obama has backed Mexican President Felipe Calderon's campaign against the cartels
The Obama administration currently provides substantial material support to Mexican security forces, as well as close intelligence cooperation.

The US has also deployed National Guard troops to boost border security, and uses pilotless drone aircraft to gather intelligence inside Mexico.

Any deployment of US military forces on Mexican territory would almost certainly be unacceptable to the Mexican authorities.

Mexico lost around half its territory to the US after a war in the 1840s, and has since been very protective of its sovereignty.

The Mexican constitution also places strict limits on foreign intervention.

Mexican President Felipe Calderon has been pressing the US to do more to reduce demand for drugs among its citizens and to reduce the flow of weapons from the US to the cartels.

Correspondents say Mr Perry's comments may be aimed at showing he is tough on border security and illegal immigration - issues on which he has been attacked by other contenders for the Republican nomination.
The US military in Mexico would be worse than open borders. Perry will never get my vote until he publicly repents this idea. That's it for me.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:04 AM

Default Jean:

What was that? A jab at me because I'm not "fast moving and evolving"? If you have so much cash and can stay up to date with technology, then maybe you can donate some of that cash to SOS. I'm sure you could reimburse me for what I've donated and then I would have more money to put toward "fast moving and evolving" technology. Just saying!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>

Jean:

I'm an old hand at computers. I attended the very first seminar that IBM sponsored when they introduced their first desk top computer. I bought one for our company. That was back in 1980- 1982. Since then I have bought many computers and software, thus I have evolved along with the industry.

My comments about being left behind were generic, and not specific targeting of anyone. I am not equipped to evaluate your computer and software because I have absolutely no idea at all as what you have. My basis for comment was my own personal experience.

I buy Hewlett Packard and exclusively HP and nothing else. I currently have two. My main is a HP Pavilion p6207c. Here are/is all of the information. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817...id=LF7nvJa0X-N

You may compare yours for Hz, processor, memory capacity. Software. *( I use Windows 7 ).

The problems you are having loading the file could be multiple. You may have been too impatient. Even on my powerhouse HP it took some time to load. Try again and wait "several minutes". Computers have wonderful alternatives to load in "other memory areas". Your computer may need some extra memory which is relatively inexpensive and easy to install. None of my computers ever came with all memory banks occupied. There were always a couple of extra empty locations. I bought extra memory chips and self installed.

If the file loads save it to "favorites". It will open easily thereafter upon recall.

If you want to prolong this shoot me your vital computer characteristics and software and I will try to help you.

As to donations to SOS, I receive a deluge of requests for money from all over the USA including people I never heard of and many politicians. I would be completely broke if I tried to comply. I self finance my own operation, Citizens Civil Defense, and I do not solicit funds and do not accept donations at all. No-one ever helps me.

Last edited by wetibbe; 10-02-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:31 AM

Default Twoller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
wettibe, if this PDF file is such a dramatic achievement for Perry against illegal immigration, you should be able to cut and paste a few tantalizing samples from this huge document for our, and his, benefit.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>

Please let me be clear. Mitt Romney is my man. I wrote to him some time back and pledged my vote. Done deal. And I'm not changing.

However, there are lots of accusations against the main stream media about not reporting, innuendo, spinning, chicanery and so on.

Rick Perry, the Democrat cum Republican, has said two essential things that rankle Conservatives:

#1. Against a fence.
#2. In State tuition for illegal alien children.

Perry has said lots of other things also and I am only trying to be fair and balanced in bringing forth his other laudable positions which I agree with. That doesn't translate into a vote for him at all. His spokes person said recently that Rick Perry has done more for interdicting illegal immigration than any other. I can't agree that he bested Jan Brewer but I will say that he deserves recognition for his good deeds.

As to US Military intervention into Mexico, I am a super Hawk. I know Mexico very well. Been there many times. We have been intervening in Mexico for years. It's under the covers and in the shadows but it is reality. Lots of US agents operating now taking down cartel and providing military assistance in certain forms.

Last edited by wetibbe; 10-02-2011 at 04:38 AM.