Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-29-2011, 03:50 AM

Default Chris Christie

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie was a former US Attorney. Now Governor for 2 years. He has persistently said he is not interested in running for the Presidency. Yet a certain segment of the GOP and maybe Tea Party persist in pleading, begging for him to run. Now it appears that after Saturday, and a great deal of arm twisting, the media is spewing out a lot of speculation that he maybe will.

New Jersey is a small state as states around here go. It isn't particularly notable for great things. However, it does have great beaches along the Atlantic Coast, It does have some magnificent suburban areas with millionaire homes and beautiful towns with lots of very upscale peope. And lots of blighted area adjacent to NYC, around Newark and places like Camden that are polluted, contaminated and full of aliens, many of whom are illegal. It also has one of the highest population density's in the USA

My son lives in a nice community in North Jersey in the Ramapo Mountains which are called the Jersey Highlands. Surrounded by State Park-lands and reservoir watershed. A great place to raise a family. His yard is always full of deer eating his shrubs and there are black bears routinely raiding his garbage can.

He's a mortgage banker. Business is in the tank. He said that if Christie runs he will definitely vote for Christie. He loves the Guy.

Back when Christie was campaigning for Governor he was in the town of Dover meeting with church members and illegal aliens. He was - and is - very sympathetic to illegal aliens. After reading, and hearing, his comments I wrote to him enclosing Federal Customs and Immigration laws. He essentially ignored it and continued pandering to the illegals to get the Hispanic vote. His predecessor, Democrat John Corzine, a flaming left liberal had essentially run the state into the ground.

Christie isn't my favorite. I will be just as happy if he decides to stay out of the race. As Brit Hume said, these candidates look good initially and superficially but after the people get a chance to take a good look and get to know them they fade. Rick Perry is a perfect example. *( Just on a personal note, Christie is seriously rotund and over weight. I have something of an aversion about grossly fat people. Unless there is some plausible medical excuse I have to consider that they have some sort of a character flaw ). Some of the other candidates have positions equal to, or better than, Christie. His most salient aspect is that he is very tough on spending, making cuts that infuriate the teachers union and liberals.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:51 AM

Christie is anti-gun and anti-American. He refused to enforce illegal immigration laws as a US Atty and does not consider illegal immigration to be a crime.

He is supported by Barbara Bush, GW Bush and Henry Kissinger. He's no better than Geo. W. Bush was and may be equally as bad as Obama on the immigration issue.

The American people are own their own against both parties, with only a few individual candidates and officeholders speaking out on our behalf.

Hos disgusting. We have almost no voice in our own country and almost no representation.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Christie is anti-gun and anti-American. He refused to enforce illegal immigration laws as a US Atty and does not consider illegal immigration to be a crime.

He is supported by Barbara Bush, GW Bush and Henry Kissinger. He's no better than Geo. W. Bush was and may be equally as bad as Obama on the immigration issue.

The American people are own their own against both parties, with only a few individual candidates and officeholders speaking out on our behalf.

Hos disgusting. We have almost no voice in our own country and almost no representation.
I kinda got that when he didn't mention immigration until asked. Then the started with the "We are/were all immigrants" crap, sounding just like the openborders crowd. No, he is not our man.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
No, he is not our man.
For me, he , made that very clear when he answered the woman who ask him about cutting education funds while sending his kids to private schools. His answer " Thats none of your business".