Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-04-2010, 08:47 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
So what is Fr. Moonbeam going to do in office and what can we do to make his life a living hell when he is trying to do it?
We can fight. Just like we always have. There's no reason to quit, because there's no freedom anywhere unless you fight for it. That's the way it's always been everywhere.
We'll go on the offensive again real soon. We'll let the election hangover pass, and then start building up our forces again. California has some of the best climate and geography. There may be those of us who think they can survive and flourish in less hospitable areas, but I often see them return after a few years or less. If you end up being one of those who feel you can find a better life by leaving, I wish you the best, but it's not for me. I've been all over the country, and save for the climate in Florida and Hawaii, California is my choice. Hawaii is too expensive with limited opportunities, and Florida is too crowded and full of foreigners too
Old 11-04-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
We can fight. Just like we always have. There's no reason to quit, because there's no freedom anywhere unless you fight for it. That's the way it's always been everywhere.
We'll go on the offensive again real soon. We'll let the election hangover pass, and then start building up our forces again. California has some of the best climate and geography. There may be those of us who think they can survive and flourish in less hospitable areas, but I often see them return after a few years or less. If you end up being one of those who feel you can find a better life by leaving, I wish you the best, but it's not for me. I've been all over the country, and save for the climate in Florida and Hawaii, California is my choice. Hawaii is too expensive with limited opportunities, and Florida is too crowded and full of foreigners too
Well I know many who have left California but none who ever came back. The grass may not be greener in other states, but the cost of living is usually much lower. Nevertheless, I admire your fighting spirit.

I am actually bolstered by the elections, even as I think California is probably doomed. I believe that California will not change until it really crashes and burns. The state will be forced to default and the question will be whether or not the Fed Gov will provide a "bail out." I believe there will be overwhelming opposition to any proposal to "bail out" California, much like the hostility to the proposed New York City bailout under President Gerald Ford so many years ago. There is tremendous hatred of California in other parts of the country, some of which is a bi-product of the growing resistance to illegal immigration. Just look at Arizona! Arizonans are fighting for their country and I don't think they'll volunteer to pay more taxes to bail out a state like California that basically surrendered and ran up the white flag.

I don't know about actual secession, but I do see an increasing Balkanization of the country. The Health Care fiasco and other social programs will become increasingly irrelevant as the dollar collapses and massive French Revolution style civil unrest occurs. Some people are predicting hyperinflation, like in the post-WW1 Weimar Republic.

I guess one issue will be who gets to control the keys to the nuclear weapons? Kind of like the movie Crimson Tide with Gene Hackman and Denzel Washington where a US missile sub is dispatched to launch on mythical, disintegrating Russia where one faction gained control of part of its nuclear arsenal and is threatening to attack the USA.

Will Russia dispatch a nuclear sub to launch on us if some faction seizes part of our nuclear arsenal and threatens "world peace"? Kind of like Crimson Tide in reverse. Anything is possible. This election reveals significant fissures in the country that cannot be healed by feel-good rhetoric and slogans.

Obama is going to India with a fleet of jets and 34 warships at a cost of $200 million per day. Our country is disintegrating, people are massively unemployed and we're on the brink of economic collapse, and our meglomanical leader is going off on another vacation to live like royalty in the land of maharajas. This lunatic is totally disconnected from reality. He is like the emperor Nero fiddling while Rome burned.

Last edited by Don; 11-04-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:55 AM

I am planning to leave California as well. The problem is that I may be caught in a trap. I have two homes here (neither of which is worth anything now)
and just how do you sell a home these days particularly in California.

About a week ago I visited my spare home and found that vandals had stripped
it of its main entrance wiring. This is expensive copper wiring that goes from the electrical meter to the breaker box on the side of the house.

The thieves left everything undisturbed but cut through metal conduit and
ripped out wood skirting to get at this item. It would cost close to $2k to fix this but luckily I know how to do the work.

I believe it was done by some of the localillegals in the construction trade
but I cannot prove this.

I am enraged by what California has become....a state full of thieves, welfare recipients and deadbeats coddled by politicians and untouched by local police.

Hearing that Brown, who has promised the illegals in state tuition has become our Governor, is certainly the last straw for me.

California has tremendous potential for a come back but it appears that the majority of the population is too stupid to free itself of the politicians that have ruined this state.

I have met scores of Californians who abandoned this sinking ship years ago and now live in at least a less desirable climate weather wise, but who are quite happy due to less crime and such.

I'm done with it folks. I do not want to fund this bs anymore.

We will see if I can get out or if like a hapless mouse I am caught in a trap and cannot get out without chewing my foot off.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Plyler v Doe is pretty weak stuff,
No, it's not.

Imagine all you want, dream all the fantasies you care to believe.

The Supreme Court ruling is set in stone, and any notion to the contrary is as meaningless as your commitment to to check up on the immigration status and English speaking capability of the Valdez family in Texas and the Pollard family in Florida.

The Supreme court ruling specifically mentioned the wrong of unenforced immigration law, but also considered the wrong of punishing children for the illegal parent's wrongdoing.

Here's another mission for you:

Convince the Supreme Court of the land of the error of its decision concerning Plyler v. Doe.

Stow the aggressive mode, they all speak English and they are all citizens.

And they can put you away for a while - maybe indefinately - for merely being borderline disrespectful.

Quote:
we still need to know how we get illegal alien students in the first place.
Perhaps you are Missing the obvious.

Ask your Congressman. He might not inform you as to the obvious, but the answer is no further than his office and the solution no further away than his ejection from that office.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 11-04-2010 at 07:38 PM.