Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2012, 08:46 AM

Default Little glitches appeared.

A couple of little glitches became exposed:

* Microsoft Streets and Trips: Software with maps and driving directions. I couldn't open the site. However, I had saved some of the data on my hard drive and external drive. The desk top icon said insert the disk. That wasn't supposed to be necessary. Whatever went wrong I don't know. However, I re-installed the software and it straightened out everything. I can now open the program as normal. All files were also saved.

* Adobe Reader: Avery http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/ produces many paper products for a variety of requirements. These products are sold in stores such as Staples. I had been printing my own business cards and had saved the cards on my computer. During the above described event, before Guru-aid resolved issues, I tried to print more cards. Avery has a feature allowing the saving of customer items on their server. You must have an account and log in. Since I couldn't print more cards I tried the free download again and got an error message that I already had Avery on my computer. Couldn't' download. So I deleted Avery Reader and tried again., No - couldn't download. Apparently my saved files in my computer were lost. I did download Avery Air and Avery Chrome.

Being stuck I phoned Avery Tech support and we went through the problems. As it turns out the reason I couldn't access my account on Avery's site, or re-register and sign in, or download my card file, was because I didn't have Adobe Reader installed. So I downloaded. *( This was after Guru-aid fixed my problems ). Happily the download was successful and I printed more cards without problems. I now have a file on Avery's computer and saved the file to my hard drive and external drive as well. And placed an icon on my desktop. There is more involvement but it is probably too potentially confusing to explain in detail. Basically, whenever I tried to open the Avery file, before the fix, I would open Turbo-tax. That had to be changed too. After downloading Adobe Reader that problem resolved itself. Apparently the computer searched for some program to open the business card file and since Turbo-tax was a PDF it went there incorrectly.

Since Guru-aid fixed my problems I now have two different Hot-mail display formats. I have an HP 2159m wide screen monitor which allows two pages to display side by side simultaneously. One Hot-mail display shows my incoming mails and has a feature that, when I place my mouse arrow in a message it displays the content side by side on the monitor. By sliding to the next message it displays the content side by side.

The other display is my normal display that I had before, simply listing the messages. I really do not know what happened. Since my fixes I am regularly receiving automatic download updates from everyone so I cannot separate/ attribute the improvements to Guru-aid or to the updates. But overall there have been some very impressive improvements.

Last edited by wetibbe; 03-07-2012 at 09:01 AM.