Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > United States Federal government

United States Federal government Topics and information relating to the federal government of interest to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 02-14-2012, 06:03 AM

Default Jailed border patrol agents

Congress gets reports on jailed border patrol agents

By Sara A. Carter

02/01/2007

Long-awaited incident reports regarding the case of two convicted El Paso Border Patrol agents were delivered to Congress on Monday evening but have been classified secret from the general public.

The Homeland Security Subcommittee on Management, Investment and Oversight obtained the report after submitting an emergency Freedom of Information Act request for the documents.

Rep. Ted Poe, R-Texas, said he will not review the classified documents until they are made available to the public. Poe expects a redacted version will be made available soon.

"I want to read what the public will get to read," Poe said. "The real question regarding this case is, why did the federal government spend so much money to prosecute these Border Patrol agents and give full immunity to a known drug smuggler with more than $1 million of marijuana in his vehicle? I'm anticipating the report, but I don't suspect it will answer the question."

After five months of delays, the Department of Homeland Security's Office of Inspector General delivered the documents pertaining to the case of former Border Patrol agents Ignacio "Nacho" Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean, who were convicted last March of the nonfatal shooting of a Mexican drug smuggler.

Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas, said last week that Homeland Security Inspector General Richard Skinner refused to deliver what he had promised House members since September.

McCaul was one of the first House members to have the classified report but he cannot speak on the contents of it.

"The only people who can view the report are the members of Congress," said Jack Hirschfield, spokesman for McCaul. "Within the next few weeks we will get a redacted report that the public can view."

Reps. John Culberson, Kenny Marchant, McCaul and Poe - all Republicans who represent Texas - said Skinner told them during their meeting last fall that Ramos and Compean had confessed to knowingly shooting at an unarmed suspect and that they "were out to shoot Mexicans."

Ramos and Compean are now serving 11 and 12 years, respectively, in federal prison.

The drug smuggler, Osbaldo Aldrete-Davila, is suing the U.S. Border Patrol for $5 million.

http://www.sbsun.com/ci_5132071

Quote:
Homeland Security Inspector General Richard Skinner refused to deliver what he had promised House members since September..

Reps. John Culberson, Kenny Marchant, McCaul and Poe - all Republicans who represent Texas - said Skinner told them during their meeting last fall that Ramos and Compean had confessed to knowingly shooting at an unarmed suspect and that they "were out to shoot Mexicans."
Something stinks here, an allegation last fall by the HS Security Inspector General to four Congressmen that two Border Patrol agents were "out to shoot Mexicans", but refused to release a promised report for months. Members of Congress submitted a freedom of information act request to get it.

Is there some creative fiction which had to be dreamed up to get the story right in writing?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 02-14-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Ramos and Compean are now serving 11 and 12 years, respectively, in federal prison.

The drug smuggler, Osbaldo Aldrete-Davila, is suing the U.S. Border Patrol for $5 million.
I think something here is wrong. GWB computed the sentences of the BP and the smuggler caught smuggling again and was this time prosocuted.
I think what I posted is correct.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I think something here is wrong. GWB computed the sentences of the BP and the smuggler caught smuggling again and was this time prosocuted.
I think what I posted is correct.
It turns out this is an old article from 2007, which I embarrassingly failed to catch even though I like to highlight the year so it can be identified as current.

However, the article does show the executive branch's bias condoning illegal presence regardless of which party occupies the white house in any given term.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.