Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-21-2009, 07:55 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Where will this be and on exactly what day and time? I didn't see any mention on the web site Phil posted.

I'm in the process of contacting some folks and right now I'm leaning toward Rancho Cucamonga. The reasons: 1. Safety. RC PD will endure zero sh-- from problematic goons of the type that we commonly encounter. The first time they might try some of the physically aggressive crap the LAPD goes to pains not to arrest open borders types over, would likely be the last on that particular day. You become privy to this type of info when you defend folks in the local courthouses. 2. Attendance. Ray and Robin produced a boatload of folks for a couple recent immigration functions that Glory and I attended in that general area.

If it happens, it'll be Nov. 14 b/c that's the national day of immigr. tea party protest.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:38 AM

There's something going on today at Griffith Park at 4:30, Rose and I will be going out there to check it out. It's such a beautiful day that we want to get out and enjoy it. I'll take my dog with us. Hope to see some of you there.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:49 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Exciting (well, not particularly exciting) Update:

While I've been attempting to iron out details of a gig in RC on the 14th of next month, I've been contacted by a guy trying to set something up in Redondo Beach and been made aware of an event already being planned in Pasadena.

My first inclination will be, if either of these things turns out to be genuine, to scrap my I.E. plan and join the folks at one of the above-listed locations. The reasons? Simple. Safety in numbers and I hate dividing efforts when there are so few local people willing to publicly protest immigration problems.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:55 PM
SOS Associate

That's not exciting? Any time I hear about someone putting together an event that forwards our goals I get all flush
Old 10-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Continent Thief

I realize I'm a little late on this, but I guess Jean picked up on it earlier because she mentioned the same time and place. We really have to have better communication about these things in the future, and no one on this board is at fault here:

http://www.teapartyexpress.org/tour-...os-angeles-ca/

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 10-25-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:43 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
I realize I'm a little late on this, but I guess Jean picked up on it earlier because she mentioned the same time and place. We really have to have better communication about these things in the future, and no one on this board is at fault here:

http://www.teapartyexpress.org/tour-...os-angeles-ca/
you know I'm a little concerned about these TEA Party express people. The event they held here in Sac was mainly a "let's let farmers have more water and big business do whatever they want" rally. There were signs in spanish to advertise for it there too. The Latino Water Rights Coalition or something like that
Old 10-25-2009, 08:31 PM

Well Rose and I went to the Tea Party in Griffith Park. It was such a beautiful day and my dog (who is 14yrs) was as happy as could be. Griffith Park is over 50 miles from my house, so it was a bit of a drive. Well, it was really interesting. Both Rose and I each had one of those bright yellow Stop Illegal Immigration signs and were very pleasantly surprised at all the positive responses we received. Three or four people said "I love your sign. If they would stop illegal immigration our financial problem would be fixed". It was great because all three or four said it exactly like that, word for word. Two legal immigrants said they came here the right way and no one should cheat and cut in line. Rose and I were siting on a blanket quite far back from where the stage and speakers were but we had people surrounding us wanting to take our picture and talk about illegals and how much it angered them.
At one point I got up and started walking around where the group of 1,000 or so were gathered listening to the speakers and this guy started yelling, Chelene Nightingale for gov. I didn't recognize him so I walked up to him and asked him what org he was with. He said "no organization". I then asked if he was with SOS, and he said no, he was there to promote Chelene Nightingale for Cal gov. I said Chelene was with SOS and many of its members wouldn't vote for her, and they know her. He didn't have much response to me, but about a minute later started yelling at the speaker, who I guess was running also, and calling him a liar. About a minute later the police came and took him out of there. Didn't see him after that. Chelene really knows how to pick em.

There were a few counter protesters and before the Tea Party bus arrived, they were given some attention and protested. But as soon as the bus arrived and took the stage, the attention was taken away from them and they were ignored. Boy that didn't make them happy. Rose and I were sitting in the back not that far from the counter protesters and I gotta tell ya. I got a real kick out of making fun of them because no one was paying attention to the 30 or so of them. But when they started to chant Se Su Pueda I got up and confronted them with my Stop Illegal Immigration sign and had a captive audience. There was no way I was going to let that slide, and then went back to where I was sitting. They were so angry that they were being ignored that shortly after that they started leaving. And within about 30 minutes they were all gone. Those liberal leftists/Obomaites/Openborders/Pro-illegal types don't like being ignored one bit. That's why when you ignore Naui he gets frustrated. He starts saying the most outlandish stuff to try to get a rise out of you. Best medicine is to ignore him and all the rest of them. They get so pissed, it becomes funny.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:46 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
At one point I got up and started walking around where the group of 1,000 or so were gathered listening to the speakers and this guy started yelling, Chelene Nightingale for gov. I didn't recognize him so I walked up to him and asked him what org he was with. He said "no organization". I then asked if he was with SOS, and he said no, he was there to promote Chelene Nightingale for Cal gov. I said Chelene was with SOS and many of its members wouldn't vote for her, and they know her. He didn't have much response to me, but about a minute later started yelling at the speaker, who I guess was running also, and calling him a liar. About a minute later the police came and took him out of there. Didn't see him after that. Chelene really knows how to pick em.
Sounds like just the sort of press she needs to earn that coveted seat during the debates.

I worry that these TEA parties will lose their effectiveness by engaging in partisanship and candidacies.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Sounds like just the sort of press she needs to earn that coveted seat during the debates.

I worry that these TEA parties will lose their effectiveness by engaging in partisanship and candidacies.
That's probably true. What was funny was that when he said "Nightingale for Gov" every one around him said with a puzzled look, "Who's Nightingale". That was just before he was removed by the police.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
you know I'm a little concerned about these TEA Party express people. The event they held here in Sac was mainly a "let's let farmers have more water and big business do whatever they want" rally. There were signs in spanish to advertise for it there too. The Latino Water Rights Coalition or something like that
Do you know about the Delta smelt controversy?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."