Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Communities and Quality of Life > Gains and Victories

Gains and Victories Communities fighting back - Citizen triumphs - Holding the line - Making a difference

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-19-2010, 07:49 AM
Archer

Default My friend wants to know why this cop parks in a handicap spot!

http://www.abetterframingham.org/sta...-20100316.html
Old 03-19-2010, 03:57 PM

If your friend is a one man show, he is looking to either be run out of town by police harassment or spend some time in jail by virtue of a frame job. Maybe both.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
If your friend is a one man show, he is looking to either be run out of town by police harassment or spend some time in jail by virtue of a frame job. Maybe both.
Not his first rodeo. He's got plenty of friends behind him.

Police critic charged with assaulting cop

By Norman Miller/Daily News staff
GHS
Posted Jun 16, 2007 @ 12:44 AM
Framingham —
A local political activist said his arrest early yesterday morning on charges of assaulting a police officer and disorderly conduct is just the latest in a pattern of police harassment.
But Police Chief Steven Carl said anyone who behaved as Harold Wolfe did at 4 a.m. while walking on Speen Street would have been arrested.
According to an account filed in Framingham District Court, the episode began when Officer Greg Reardon saw a man walking on Speen Street not far from the Massachusetts Turnpike.
In his report, Reardon said he was worried the man's vehicle might have broken down on the nearby highway, so the officer stopped to see if he was OK.
"He continued to walk at a fast pace with his hands in his pockets and yelled back at me, 'Leave me alone,' " said Reardon. "I was quite shocked by his response, so again I asked him if he was all set, and this time he said to me, 'Mind your own business and get away from me.' "
Concerned the man might have mental illness, Reardon said he stopped to talk to him. The man continued to be rude and refused to identify himself, claiming "all that we (police) do is harass people."
The man, whom police later identified as Wolfe, refused to identify himself, saying he had no name and didn't know where he was from. He also took a tape recorder out to record the conversation.
At one point Wolfe asked for Reardon's name, and the officer said he shone his own flashlight at his chest to show his name tag. Reardon said he grabbed Wolfe's wrist because he charged at him. Wolfe then slapped the officer's arm away and was then arrested.
"I was just walking down the road and I was harassed by the police," said Wolfe, 57, a vocal critic of town finances, the police department and illegal immigration. "This was not the first time. This was the 13th time. It wears on you after awhile. Time after time, they've done this. This wasn't the first time and I want to make sure this is the last time."
Wolfe ran for Board of Selectmen in 2004, garnering 1,307 votes but lost to incumbents Charlie Sisitsky and Ginger Esty, each of whom had over 2,000 votes. His campaign was marked by accusations the town wasted money and should do something about illegal immigrants.
The police chief said Reardon did the right thing, and he denied the department was out to get Wolfe.
"He's imagining it. There was no harassment of Harold Wolfe that I know of," Carl said. "Reardon makes a lot of arrests, and he has never had a complaint. Mr. Wolfe is entitled to his opinion."
Wolfe denied he was rude. He said he told the officer he was "fine," and that should have been enough. He said he recorded his conversation to protect himself. He claimed he only grabbed the officer's thumb to pull Reardon's hand off his wrist.
"If this happened at 9 a.m., this never would have happened," said Wolfe. "Why does the law change between midnight and sunrise. I've been taking this walk thousands of times. Why do they persist in harassing me?"
The whole situation could have easily been avoided, Carl said.
"He could have said, 'I'm taking my morning walk, I live around the corner. I'm all set,' " the chief said. "Instead he made comments about not knowing his name or where he is from. We spend a lot of time searching for senior citizens who are missing and have Alzheimer's. He could have been in distress.
"What if this wasn't Mr. Wolfe, and it was someone else who gave those answers and the officer drove off and he ended up in a ditch?"
Yesterday during his Framingham District Court arraignment, Wolfe, of 65 Delmar Ave., had a plea of not guilty entered on his behalf and was released without bail. He is due back in court on July 24 for a pretrial conference.
When arrested, Wolfe told the officer he planned to sue the department. He reiterated those intentions later in the day.
"After I clear myself of these charges, I plan on filing a lawsuit," he said.
Said Carl: "He's allowed to do that people can sue for anything."
(Norman Miller can be reached at 508-626-3823 or at nmiller@cnc.com)

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/x1113830950
Old 03-20-2010, 12:43 PM

Ok, first off Leo's should not take up a spot for handicapped parking. One reason that they do is to quickly respond to a call & in most case's they park headed out or given the circumstances sideways, like in the early am hours. It is easy to abuse the status of being a Leo & while I was not present I cant say who was right or wrong, but the Leo could have handled it abit better imho. Also mr. wolfe should have given better answers to the arresting Leo's questions and then probably this wouldnt have happened, then again he is probably not well liked by his Leo's there and if he wants to play the game then he needs to learn how to play it better. I am a retired Leo/U.S. Marine with dav plates but I dont alway use a handicapped spot because some days I dont need to. Be safe.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Not his first rodeo. He's got plenty of friends behind him.
Exactly. Preferably witnesses with video, and a load of cash for bail and legal representation as well as retaining a quality attorney before the fact.

I believe that your friend might have had an unreasonable bail and might still be in jail if the referenced 2007 contact had been in Southern California.

Some police reports are masterpieces of creative fiction, and the county DAs see their existence not in seeing justice served, but measure themselves in convictions won and sentences served - regardless of merit. The DA of my county of residence files on 100% of police reports forwarded to his office and has something like a 98% 0r 99% conviction rate.

A lot of it he gets with plea bargains, sufficiently disrupting someone's life who doesn't have money for quality representation. The plea offer is taken in order to "make it go away" or because any other recourse is seen as hopeless.

Our local DA would have gotten writer's cramp from all the charges he would have filed on just the allegations springing forth from the article, and God knows what sort of scurrilous verbiage the officer could have placed in the report without any witnesses to counter in court.

If they are harassing him, for whatever reason they're not playing hardball.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-21-2010 at 02:51 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:20 AM
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Exactly. Preferably witnesses with video, and a load of cash for bail and legal representation as well as retaining a quality attorney before the fact.

I believe that your friend might have had an unreasonable bail and might still be in jail if the referenced 2007 contact had been in Southern California.

Some police reports are masterpieces of creative fiction, and the county DAs see their existence not in seeing justice served, but measure themselves in convictions won and sentences served - regardless of merit. The DA of my county of residence files on 100% of police reports forwarded to his office and has something like a 98% 0r 99% conviction rate.

A lot of it he gets with plea bargains, sufficiently disrupting someone's life who doesn't have money for quality representation. The plea offer is taken in order to "make it go away" or because any other recourse is seen as hopeless.

Our local DA would have gotten writer's cramp from all the charges he would have filed on just the allegations springing forth from the article, and God knows what sort of scurrilous verbiage the officer could have placed in the report without any witnesses to counter in court.

If they are harassing him, for whatever reason they're not playing hardball.
He got a small fine for the 2007 incident.