Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-07-2012, 08:30 PM

Default A friend's Opinion

This was an opinion piece written by the editor of my towns newspaper. He writes the truth, not what most are used to reading in newspapers today.

Obama’s win plunges me into a sort of angry despair. This outcome confirms the validity of two best-selling books, Pat Buchanan’s “Suicide of a Superpower - Will America Survive to 2025?” and Mark Steyn’s After America, Get Ready for Armageddon”. Both books are starkly factual which drives the liberal left crazy. Buchanan’s book got him fired from CNN’s The Capital Gang. They claimed the book was racist, of course. It is anything but racist, but it is, in the words of William Houston: “... the bluntest and most cogent statement of the truth about the present course of Western civilization that has been seen in American bookstores in many years.”

“Where we once celebrated the unity, the melting pot and shared experience, that the Depression and World War gave us, our elites today proclaim, ‘Our diversity is our greatest strength’-even as racial, religious, and ethnic diversity are tearing nations to pieces.”

“Rejecting the commitment to a God-given equality of rights for all as inadequate, our government is engaged in the manic pursuit of equality of rewards, as it seeks to erect an egalitarian utopia that has never before existed. Less and less do we Americans have in common. More and more do we fight over religion, morality, politics, history, and heroes. And as our nation disintegrates, our government is failing in its fundamental duties, unable to defend our borders, balance our budgets, or win our wars.”

Both Buchanan and Steyn books (Steyn’s with sharp humor) see America falling, quickly. Obama’s re-election confirms their beliefs.

I agree completely. The nation is not just divided in half, it’s two percent heavier on the radical-liberal side causing us to fall apart. We are now in freefall and I think I can answer the question “Will America Survive to 2025?”. The answer is no. The America of 2025 will be unrecognizable to young people living today. We will be a country without a Constitution that our Founders would recognize.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:46 PM

Your friends editorial is well said.

I am feeling the same things, but I'm starting to be at peace with it.

I am a Republican and I hardly feel that all is lost,but I think we have crossed the point of no return. The demographic shift that has occurred in our country has led to permanent minority status for the Republican party, I think it's time for the Republican party to acknowledge this, and deal with it.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:16 AM

It's not the demographic shift so much as it is the mentalities of racial politics, international corporations and far left educators of our youth.

Those issues are what is killing our country, not race itself.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
It's not the demographic shift so much as it is the mentalities of racial politics, international corporations and far left educators of our youth.

But they're using race to further their goals and the country is being influenced by the propagana of race. That's a fact.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
But they're using race to further their goals and the country is being influenced by the propagana of race. That's a fact.
Some of whom are "they" are using race to further racial goals, but not all of "they". There is a difference between a whole race as a mass and some people from all races who use "Latinos" including other "Latinos" to further any number of goals, from politics of any sort to international trade. Race is irrelevant except to those who make it so.

But here's what I said again:

Quote:

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 11-09-2012 at 09:01 PM.