Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-20-2012, 06:24 AM

Default Mitts VP.

Rob Portman ?

http://www.wnd.com/2012/06/mitt-to-c...ablishment-vp/

Looking good. Excellent qualifications. I would have expected Mitt to make a sensible choice.

I'm not making any predictions but it is looking better daily for Mitt to prevail in November.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:31 PM

Excellent Qualifications? Numbers USA gives him a D+.
Is a D+ as good as it gets?
Numbers USA gives Romney a C- I think.

On the bright side I guess Romney will be an improvement from Obama.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:15 AM

Default Lamentable

Portman keeps on getting re-elected in his state since 1993 !

The ultra conservatives with A+ grades can't get elected. Michelle Bachman, Tom Tancredo. NO president on either side will take a hard stand on illegal immigration.

As to VP choice - please - Marco Rubio, he isn't even eligible. Parents Cubans. Zero experience, he just got elected first time.

Bobby Jindal, ineligible.

Condie Rice - are you kidding ??? I have a family member working in the State Department. "They" said": The offices are now all loaded up with minorities who sit all day and stare at a computer monitor and contribute nothing. It all started with Condie. Lets face reality.

Chris Christie. He isn't even interested. He said no a dozen times.

I thing in terms of someone who could take over in the event the President was unable to fulfil the role.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:03 PM

Just to update , Romney is now at a B-

Portman is not a good choice , Bobby Jindal is a far far better choice

I'll post the exact reason why I support him more than the others.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa today View Post
Just to update , Romney is now at a B-

Portman is not a good choice , Bobby Jindal is a far far better choice

I'll post the exact reason why I support him more than the others.
Does Jindal qualify? Where was he born? Is there some reason that disqualifies him. I thought there was some reason he couldn't be a pick. Maybe it was someone else.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:45 AM

Default Jindal

Jindal is not eligible. He does not meet the constitutional requirements of natural or native born.

Can't have it both ways. The usurper in chief, called the Chicago street hustler by some ., is under fire now by the Tea Party, Sheriff Arpaio and the Secretaries of State of 12 States because he too is ineligible.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
Jindal is not eligible. He does not meet the constitutional requirements of natural or native born.

Can't have it both ways. The usurper in chief, called the Chicago street hustler by some ., is under fire now by the Tea Party, Sheriff Arpaio and the Secretaries of State of 12 States because he too is ineligible.
That's what I thought. I wasn't sure but I remembered reading that he wouldn't qualify for that office.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:59 AM

Jindal easily qualifies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Jindal

Not only that his record is the gold standard for being
a Republican that WE should want in higher office.

"Jindal was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to Amar and Raj Jindal, who came to the United States as immigrants from Punjab, India"

"Jindal was named a member of the 1992 USA Today All-USA Academic Team. He was accepted by both Harvard Medical School and Yale Law School, but studied at New College, Oxford, as a Rhodes Scholar. He received an M.Litt. degree in political science with an emphasis in health policy from the University of Oxford in 1994 for his thesis"

I think he is a bit smarter than a 6th grader

Second Amendment rights

Jindal has stated his support of the Second Amendment's right to bear arms. He has opposed efforts to restrict gun rights and has received an endorsement from the National Rifle Association.[99] Jindal earned an A rating from Gun Owners of America[100] while he was in Congress.

Illegal immigration

As a son of immigrants, Jindal has stated that legal immigration brings many benefits to the United States. He has, however, criticized illegal immigration as a drain on the economy, as well as being unfair to those who entered the country by legal means. He has voted to build a fence along the Mexican border and opposes granting amnesty for illegal aliens

He has voted with our positions on illegal immigration while in the house of Reps 100% of the time
Old 07-31-2012, 05:15 AM

Default Sorry

Jindal doesn't meet the strictest interpretation of the Constitution according to experts.

Unfortunately too many don't understand that there is difference between being born in the USA, and being a citizen, and the special requirements for the Presidency. Born on US soil to US Citizens.

Marco Rubio also doesn't meet the strict Constitutional requirement.

The Florida group that set in motion the eligibility challenge defined it all very clearly. It's on U Tube, 1 hour and 37 minutes.

Last edited by wetibbe; 08-01-2012 at 03:40 AM.