Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-03-2010, 08:09 AM
SOS Associate

Default Ayatollah Weighs In On Local Issue

I don't know if anyone even noticed my general absence or not, but given the candidates in this terms races, and the lack of any real immigration related differences between them, I thought it best to just wait until this election cycle passed over before going on the assault in relation to immigration. In the meantime, I tossed my lot in on a local measure here in Sac. A band of mutineers were trying to grab one of the most heavily trafficked and revenue rich sections of the county and call it a city so they could "keep the wealth" within their selfish little enclave, thereby depriving an already financially devastated county of much relied upon tax base. In addition, most of the proponents of this mutiny had no experiance running government, and admitted under questioning that they had not even been active in county government before.

I tossed in about two weeks worth of mobile billboarding 6 to 8 hours a day, in addition to passing out fliers and meeting the public while I was standing with it. You can see the effort on this thread:

http://www.fightbackinsac.com/forums...ead.php?t=9168

I learned quite a bit from this tour that will be applied to the SOS agenda:

1) found a horde of new good places to park the billboard in traffic heavy areas

2) Learned the better times to display the billboard

3) Learned a lot about interacting with people

I met a lot of good folks out there, and discovered that goons are a universal problem. One video in that thread shows my interaction with one of the other sides goons. Seems he was very sick of seeing the billboard everywhere he looked
Old 11-04-2010, 04:29 AM

I have wondered where you were. I thought you could not stand the politics any more.
I went over and viewed the pics, you did a lot of good work,.
Thanks.