Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-17-2012, 04:53 AM

moved to my previous reply.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-17-2012 at 05:15 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:40 AM

I thought his future plans were for CA governor but he may just skip that. He is spending more and more time in DC. Can you think President?
Old 05-20-2012, 07:39 AM
SOS Associate

SOS to weigh in on Human trafficking bill proposed by senate president Darryl Steinberg

SB 1193
One of our more immigrant friendly state senators and current president of the state senate, Darryl Steinberg, has a bill in the senate appropriations committee monday that would require certain businesses to display a poster that solicits for victims of human trafficking to report crimes or seek help via one of three non-profits. The bill names three anti human trafficking organizations along with their toll free numbers on the poster.

While human trafficking is a reprehensible disgusting, and illegal act, we believe that the enforcement of California laws and the reporting of those related crimes is a job for California law enforcement. If anyone's name and contact infor should be required on a poster that is required to be posted in a California business, it should be the California state attorney general, not a privately run org.

In addition, some of the orgs mentioned actually are partners, or coalitions as they describe themselves, of other organizations that actively lobby for more liberal immigration laws and less enforcement. here are a few of the dubious partners:
CHIRLA
Rural Assistance League
Catholic Immigration Network

There's actually many of these orgs, and too many to list.

In addition, many of their partnered groups have been notably encouraging illegals to not cooperate with law enforcement so as to avoid prosecution of immigration violations.

Human trafficking crimes should be separate and away from immigration lobbyists. Employers or other businesses should not be forced to post notices that support groups that might go against their political beliefs.

I'll be at this committee hearing to point this out on your behalf
Old 05-20-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
SOS to weigh in on Human trafficking bill proposed by senate president Darryl Steinberg

SB 1193
One of our more immigrant friendly state senators and current president of the state senate, Darryl Steinberg, has a bill in the senate appropriations committee monday that would require certain businesses to display a poster that solicits for victims of human trafficking to report crimes or seek help via one of three non-profits. The bill names three anti human trafficking organizations along with their toll free numbers on the poster.

While human trafficking is a reprehensible disgusting, and illegal act, we believe that the enforcement of California laws and the reporting of those related crimes is a job for California law enforcement. If anyone's name and contact infor should be required on a poster that is required to be posted in a California business, it should be the California state attorney general, not a privately run org.

In addition, some of the orgs mentioned actually are partners, or coalitions as they describe themselves, of other organizations that actively lobby for more liberal immigration laws and less enforcement. here are a few of the dubious partners:
CHIRLA
Rural Assistance League
Catholic Immigration Network

There's actually many of these orgs, and too many to list.

In addition, many of their partnered groups have been notably encouraging illegals to not cooperate with law enforcement so as to avoid prosecution of immigration violations.

Human trafficking crimes should be separate and away from immigration lobbyists. Employers or other businesses should not be forced to post notices that support groups that might go against their political beliefs.

I'll be at this committee hearing to point this out on your behalf
Thank you so much AG, you da man!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:03 PM
SOS Associate

It's immigrant day at the state capitol...again!

Let's face it though; everyday is immigrant day at the state capitol. The usual suspects were there for legalization (amnesty), as were the ethnic hustlers and hijackers. I call them hijackers because they hijack something like forced slavery and turn it into an open borders cause.

anyway, here's a few pics to bring it right to your door:

These are the voter registration squads:

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 05-21-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:04 PM
SOS Associate

The whole thing sickened me. There were throngs of them inside lobbying each assembly and senator, all demanding their "rights". Why is it that immigrants need rights of their own? Why can't they just use ours, as in the ones we all have now.

There was also some victimhood speeches about how they had to work under slave conditions, and that would never happen if they weren't immigrants.

I'll try and post some video tomorrow

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 05-21-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:

The whole thing sickened me. There were throngs of them inside lobbying each assembly and senator, all demanding their "rights". Why is it that immigrants need rights of their own? Why can't they just use ours, as in the ones we all have now.

There was also some victimhood speeches about how they had to work under slave conditions, and that would never happen if they weren't immigrants.

I'll try and post some video tomorrow
There is a grain of truth to most propaganda.

There was one person I spoke with in Santa Paula a few years ago who truly believed that the reason strawberry pickers make a pittance is because of institutionalized white racism. However the farmers take advantage of those who work for less than others. The irony of Mexican nationals with the UFW picketing the strawberry fields in Oxnard being worked by other Mexican nationals was an irony which escaped the other person.

The farmers would exploit white American nationals if the Americans would take the abuse.

The man with the shirt with the quote "quitandole poder a los poderosos" means something like "taking power from the powerful", not "taking the man out of manager" as stated in English underneath.

The other tee shirt which says "Por mi familia, por mi gente, por mi comunidad, !YO VOTO!" means for my family, for my people, for my community, I VOTE!

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Last edited by ilbegone; 05-22-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:37 PM
SOS Associate

SOS gives weighs in on Steinberg's human trafficking bill

Here's a link to the video of our input before the senate appropriations committee on SB1193

http://calchannel.granicus.com/Media...=7&clip_id=393

Once you get the video up, there's a time frame clock with two different times and a / between them. Slide the video lever from left to right until the time clock on the left side reads 00.41.18.00 About 41 minutes into the hearing

I could be wrong still, but this bill might just be a vehicle to give some free advertising to a bunch of lawyers who specialize in suing sweatshops. That's all great and good, but they also seem hell bent on helping people get victim visas and other immigration waivers. My gut tells me these alleged non-profits are shells for open borders lawyers who are also lining their pockets.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:47 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
The other tee shirt which says "Por mi familia, por mi gente, por mi comunidad, !YO VOTO!" means for my family, for my people, for my community, I VOTE!
You know, this has always been a point of contention with me. The latino contingent is always claiming that La Raza means "the people" when we accuse them of racist motives. they have said Gente is race. But then they disavow that when something like it crops up. For what it's worth, They seem to contend they have no word for race, because they can't possibly be racist
Old 05-23-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
You know, this has always been a point of contention with me. The latino contingent is always claiming that La Raza means "the people" when we accuse them of racist motives. they have said Gente is race. But then they disavow that when something like it crops up. For what it's worth, They seem to contend they have no word for race, because they can't possibly be racist
If they weren't talking about race the words would be "viva la gente" rather than "viva la raza" and they know it.

That may go back to Vasconcelos and all his racial babbling about the "cosmic race", but I doubt it.

The peddling of how they can't be racist is evident in their apparent contention that only whites are capable of racism, which is a bald faced falsehood.

It's all about weasel fashion spin and redirection. I've read bilingual newspapers where an article in Spanish was a rabid, victimization peddling, rabble rousing racial tirade, but the "English translation" of the article was a bland, sugar coated shadow of the real message.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 05-23-2012 at 09:36 AM.