Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-13-2012, 04:50 AM

Default Presidential nomination.

There doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm here for comment about the current Republican caucuses and voting for the Republican candidate. But I will none the less inject some thoughts.

As I said some time back I would no longer bash Obama. Not because I changed attitude but because I just didn't care for it. There are already plenty of folks bashing him and more and more coming. I dismiss anything said by the Democrats and liberal media. Now that Mitt Romney is inching towards the nomination his opponents are becoming more shrill and wild. The two principals being Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich.

Rick Perry:

I don't dislike Rick. He has some traits that I do respect and admire. I really like his military service for one. But he was a former Democrat that seems to retain some of his "genes" and programming and I am REALLY turned off by his fundamental dishonesty and creepy "spin". He accused Mitt of hiring illegal aliens. That proved to be a blatant distortion and deception. He is now accusing Mitt of being a "vulture capitalist". Rick likes the dream act and favors allowing long time illegal alien residents to gain amnesty. Ricks liberal background is showing through. He's fabricating.

Newt Gingrich:

I basically liked Newt and respected his great intellect. But even his own staffers and colleagues who knew him back then are saying that he is too volatile, chaotic. They won't support him. Newt has jumped ugly towards Mitt. Increasingly going radical and wild. Making nasty accusations and twisting. Very disingenuous, He too turns me off.

Ron Paul:

I won't comment on him. He has said he doesn't think he can win. My concern now is that if Mitt achieves the nomination and Ron goes independent he may draw off enough votes to sink Romney. That will assure another term for Obama. I hope Ron does the right thing if he is truly sincere about being a conservative.

Obama:

It does appear that Mitt is inching towards the nomination. Some pundits are saying that Obama's base is fading and he is sinking. In fact already sunk below electability compared to Jimmy Carter and others of the same ilk. So the matter comes down to the last man standing which will be soon as the competitors drop out in the next couple of months due to lack of support and money. The contributors will not continue to pour good money down a rat hole or losing proposition. So now it hinges on the independents and undecideds getting behind the nominee. Some will be votes for Mitt and some against Obama.

All of the "birth-er", tea Party, WND, Sheriff Arpaio. his posse, studies, Orly Taitz's law suits will certainly not dislodge Obama from the oval office. Even if they could succeed in bringing it to the Supreme Court or Congress, the time element is too short for anything to happen. The best will be the adverse publicity that erodes Obama's support.

This Constitutional Republic and the nutty political system is a terror. Sometimes very frustrating. But it is indeed presently the best form of Government in the world. For those nut cases who will say that if Mitt gets elected they will move out of the USA I suggest they try Fidel Castro, or Hugo Chavez, or maybe Iran, Syria, Maybe North Korea, China or - maybe MEXICO !!!!!!!!!!,

Last edited by wetibbe; 01-13-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:16 AM

Default Waste of time ?

No doubt I'm wasting time here. But !!!!

The political nomination will shake out soon after the South Carolina event.

In the meantime I want to vent on Newt Gingich whom has turned me off so much.

His, and Santorums, attacks on Mitts income are so disingeuous and regugitating that I want to puke. Jesus, Mother in Heaven, is there no propriety left ?

These scum bags can't find any dirt on Mitt so they dissingenuously manuacture in hope of scamming the American people.

Gingrich assails Mitt for his income and taxes while Mitt has not broken ANY laws. The turd actually hoodwinks as Mitt did pay 35% on salary and again 15 % on capitl gains. Gingrich, is proposing a 15% so his argument is duplicitously cockamamie absurd assailing Mitt while advocatng the same tax level . Does this moron actually have both oars in the water ?

I'm one of those conservative who has been comletely turned OFF by Gingrich and Santorum - two flakes-mealy mouth's that I can'tr countenance.

But Hey - why sweat it. Both will be GONE next week.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:47 AM

As I've said before, politics is a nasty business, the candidate who kisses both your baby and your ass isn't such a nice guy, he can't be and survive in politics.

There's lots of shifting alliances, back stabbing and throat cutting in the political cesspool - lots of it done with reassurances, smiles, and handshakes all around. A real nasty chess game on which hinges individual political careers as well as the fate of our nation.

It all comes down to an abominable personal choice of the least of all available evils, and that gets to more of a crap shoot all the time.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:15 PM

I guess we all could vote for me. O. Won't have to worry about who to vote for again if we do that. We won't have America!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:56 AM

Default Wow !

No comments ? The South Carolina primary is over and it doesn't even get mentioned here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't say I blame anyone. What can be said ? Three primaries, three different winners ???

These primaries are like a sporting event, baseball, football, basket ball, hockey, La Crosse. Someone scores, and everyone cheers or booo's, but it isn't the end game. The diversity of winners in various regions, Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina seems to illustrate just how bizarre and regional public attitudes are. The other factor is the big see saw of top runners, changing every few days. And the apparently large numbers of undecideds who make up their minds at the last minute. The trend of a different person being at the top of the pile every few days is most disturbing to me. Especially since listening to a speech seems to have a big impact.

At one point last night Fox News was showing "delegates" and Mitt was leding Newt in "delegate" votes while Newt was leading Mitt in the popular vote. I only saw it once early on and never again on Fox or any other station. Remember the Bush/ Gore election. Gore won the popular vote and Bush won on delegates !!! * Adendum: This morning a website was showing that Gingrich won 23 of the 25 delegate votes in South Carolina. However, overall Romney has 33, Gingrich 25 and Santorum 17.

Jay Leno has gone out on the street and asked passes by political questions. Most of those he questioned were incredibly uninformed. In one case he asked a person about Obama's politics, Jay quoting the Republican position, pretending it was Obamas, and the person agreed with the positions. Clueless. In another case some could not even recognize most politicians and didn't know who the vice-president was. In some cases, never heard of them, i.e., people like Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi.

We will see. Things are sure to change. Gingrich can't even get on the ballot in Virginia !!!! He is headed for complications further downstream.

Increasingly the possibility that Obama may not be eligible to be on a ballot is looming larger and larger. A Federal Judge refused to dismiss the case wherein Orly Taitz will now be able to depose Obama and ask for school records and financial aid *( As a foreign student ). And Sheriff Arpaio's report is due out soon.

Last edited by wetibbe; 01-22-2012 at 05:25 AM.