Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Social Scene > Sports

Sports Topics relating to sports

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-18-2010, 10:35 AM

Here's the result of the game you were so excited about.
LA RIOTS 2010 NBA FINALS GAME 7 LAKER CHAMPIONS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LDTh...&feature=email
Old 06-18-2010, 11:44 AM

More rivalry video- Look which flag is being raised.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/mexican-...ot-in-l-a.html
Old 06-18-2010, 12:33 PM

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It was a great performance by the Los Angeles Lakers at Game 7 of the NBA Finals on Thursday night, but a not-so-great performance by fans. The LAPD said nearly 40 people were arrested, and their bad behavior took some attention away from the Lakers victory. According to the LAPD, 36 adults and two juveniles were arrested. One arrest was for vandalism, and two arrests were for arson. All other arrests were unspecified.
Police declared an unlawful assembly and started clearing the streets shortly after the game, but in spite of the massive police presence, there were several ugly incidents.
Rocks and bottles were thrown at the hundreds of police officers stationed in the area, and one of those officers suffered a broken nose when he was struck by a flying object.
A man used a sign to smash the window of businesses. Several businesses sustained broken windows and other damage.
There were several fires set by unruly fans. In one instance, a car was set on fire in the middle of the street. Fire crews dealt with more than 35 fires and other incidents within a half-mile radius of Staples Center.
The incidents included 15 rubbish fires, 1 vegetation fire, three vehicle fires and 18 medical aid requests for injured individuals. Eight people were taken by LAFD ambulances to local hospitals.
Several people were arrested for public drunkenness.
Officials said the hottest trouble spots were Grand Avenue and Olympic Boulevard. They also said Flower Street and Sixth Street were breeding grounds for chaotic activity.
LAPD Chief Charlie Beck spoke about post-game troubles at a news conference at 11 p.m.
"I give the game a 10; I give the celebration about a 5," Beck said. "We made multiple arrests, we used overwhelming force, we had a maximum number of police officers deployed here to clear out the crowds around Staples Center and disperse them."
Beck said that the number of police officers near Staples Center was four or five times the number from last year and included undercover police officers.
Beck said at least one police vehicle was damaged, but not severely, by thrown objects.
The arena wasn't the only place police targeted. The L.A. County Sheriff's Department deployed hundreds of deputies to East Los Angeles near Whittier Boulevard, which was closed to vehicle traffic between Easter and Garfield avenues for the duration of Game 7 and for hours thereafter.
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...all&id=7504897
Old 06-18-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Here's the result of the game you were so excited about.
So jean, how bout those Lakers?

Congratulations Lakers!
Old 06-18-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMyOwn View Post
So jean, how bout those Lakers?

Congratulations Lakers!
Anything that represents Los Angeles makes me want to puke. As you know, I was born there but I'm not very proud of that either. Los Angeles is a toilet and I don't find any thing related to it something to be proud of especially a bunch of guys throwing a ball around that weren't born or raised in LA. They're a bunch of over paid guys with huge egos with a large bunch of groupies.

I'll stick to cheering for Arizona.

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; 06-18-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
Besides history is on the Celtics side tonight as they have never lost a Game 7 to the Lakers. Based on that and the way this series has played out, the Celtics win tonight.
...the universe has corrected itself. . .

Old 06-18-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Anything that represents Los Angeles makes me want to puke. As you know, I was born there but I'm not very proud of that either. Los Angeles is a toilet and I don't find any thing related to it something to be proud of.

You hate sports, why come here and trash the sport and magnify the thugery? Make a "puke" thread in "general discussion".
Old 06-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Archer

Congrads Lakers fans! lol
Old 06-18-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Anything that represents Los Angeles makes me want to puke. As you know, I was born there but I'm not very proud of that either. Los Angeles is a toilet and I don't find any thing related to it something to be proud of especially a bunch of guys throwing a ball around that weren't born or raised in LA. They're a bunch of over paid guys with huge egos with a large bunch of groupies.

you edited your original post that I quoted. . .

Your birthplace is news to me, and I don't follow, but here's a suggestion, since you don't like sports, stay out of the thread.

The majority of this site is bad news, ugly news, disturbing news, racial news etc. SOMEtimes, I like to have some kind of off topic celebration, apparently that's just not possible here.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:15 PM
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
More rivalry video- Look which flag is being raised.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/mexican-...ot-in-l-a.html
Holy crap, after watching that I have different feelings about the LA win. Bummer man.