Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Media

The Media Topics and information relating to the Media (publications, television, press, first amendment issues, etc) of interest to SOS Associates and Users

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-26-2011, 09:43 AM

Default Ventura County Star writes article on vehicle checkpoints,

and refuses to allow comments by readers and subscribers!

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2011/dec/...mmigrants-fea/

The Ventura County Star is curbing free speech by not allowing comments on their website in reply to articles like the one in the link above. This practice is wrong on so many levels that I could probably fill volumes trying to express my disgust regarding this practice. One thing is sure though, my 20 year subscription is hereby cancelled, and I will subscribe to their main competition, which appears to be the Acorn.

In response to the article, I wonder what would happen to non-illegal residents who are found to be unlicensed? Would their cars be impounded? Will the non citizen drivers without license be fined? Would there be different fines for citizens as opposed to illegals? In addition to being illegal to drive without a license, it is illegal to drive without insurance. Will illegals not only be able to continue driving without a license, but also without insurance? Who do we sue, when a driver who is unlicensed is released with his car and kills or maims another human being while being allowed to break even more laws that are already on the books? Are any laws enforceable anymore? Are the laws left unenforced left that way simply for the benefit of illegals, while citizens are required to obey ALL laws whether enforced on illegals or not? WTF is wrong with this picture? When are law abiding citizens going to stand up and refuse to take this anymore. How long are we going to be effectively told to shut the hell up and accept whatever the government and press choose to shove down our throats?
Old 12-26-2011, 10:51 AM
SOS Associate

Disgusting propaganda!

Target their advertisers and see if there are a few willing participants
Old 12-26-2011, 11:07 AM

I went into the blogs under the Opinion page and left my response to this crap. Why even bother to renew a Ca. drivers license? Hell, for that matter, why obey any law? Better yet why write any story if you are going to refuse comment on it? I would have thought that encouraging opinion on stories would generate readership. Go to vcstar.com and click opinion and under that heading click on forums and leave a comment under illegal immigration.

Last edited by tim55; 12-26-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:20 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim55 View Post
I went into the blogs under the Opinion page and left my response to this crap. Why even bother to renew a Ca. drivers license? Hell, for that matter, why obey any law? Better yet why write any story if you are going to refuse comment on it? I would have thought that encouraging opinion on stories would generate readership. Go to vcstar.com and click opinion and under that heading click on forums and leave a comment under illegal immigration.
Unfortunately Tim, that is one of the goals of the illegals and their supporters. Break down the laws, and they win. If they can't have a license, then no one should; If they can't work in California, no one should. That's what it's lie in mehico, no? they don't have labor laws like us, code enforcement like us, and insurance for drivers like us. They do have a weak, unenforced policies, but it's nothing like here. They are changing us, not the other way around. And in the interim, the law is making us pay for everything.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:55 PM

I read that story in the Long Beach Press Telegram also. They did not say I could not comment but it had to be Face Book etc. and I am not a member so here I sit. I was going to post the article but the LBPT is very difficult to post from, at least for me.
Reading that article was really infuriating. I think that law is only for the benefit of Illegal Invaders. Right now they get away with so much illegal activity, they could/should be in prison for years.

Last edited by Rim05; 12-26-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:48 AM

This will bring problems for many of us. It's probably better if I cut up green construction paper and have it handy to show when asked.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:29 AM

Interesting comments about the efforts of MSM to suppress "comments" from rank and file Americans...or at least what's left of us. Internet comments are among the few places where most people feel free to really express themselves. That's why the powers are trying to clamp down.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:45 PM
"SZinWestLA"

I've seen this story in at least two other papers. If you want to leave a comment about it, I'm confident the opportunity exists at some other news organization's website.