Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Judicial Branch

The Judicial Branch Topics and information of interest to SOS associates in relation to courts, law, and justice

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
It is exactly as AG stated, the SOTUS rejected the case. Basically the reason was that the Calif law states that if a person has attended a Calif high school for 3 years, they may attend a Calif college or university as a Calif resident. That was the reason the SOTUS did not want to hear the case. The SOTUS reasoned that the Calif law was not about immigration because it would also cover legal citizens who had attended a Calif high school and had then moved out of state, so it wasn't pertaining to their legal status as a citizen which would fall under federal law.

This was the loophole that Calif knew would get their "Dream Act" through. But it is still unfair and this state will pay dearly for such pandering in the near future.
Jean, did you read the L.A. Times story? Anyway, see the previous post.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 06-07-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
Jean, did you read the L.A. Times story? Anyway, see the previous post.
Yes Phil I did read it, or at least part of it when it was first released. But I knew that it was wrong and that is why I didn't post it on our board. Los Angeles Times is not worth the time it takes to read in my opinion. That is why I post very few of their articles. But I could see where you would get confused. The LA Times writes what they think their LA readers what to hear, not necessarily the truth. That's the liberal/leftest spin, not exactly wrong, but not accurate either, the typical leftist top keeps spinning.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Continent Thief

Yeah, you got that right. When I first saw the story early this morning, I was furious with the Supreme Court because I thought it was their decision, and I was about to post the story under a separate thread when I discovered you already had a thread about it. Of course I'm not happy with the way it all came out, but at least the High Court didn't make its own decision on this. And that writer's reply to my e-mail only confirms that the journalism standards of the L.A. Times leave a lot to be desired.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 06-07-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:19 AM

I read that story yesterday and I thought the same as Phil did. The explanation by AG and Jean really helps start my day. Thanks Phil, for taking the time to contact the writers.

Last edited by Rim05; 06-08-2011 at 04:22 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:45 PM

I like "LAPhil " is signature!! wow