Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2010, 08:18 AM

Default SOS Victory In SCV

Well guys and dolls you did it! The following email from Gitlin is a proclamation of positive impact and a victory for SOS in the SCV. This would not have happened without all of you roughing it through two rallies, the last one having been invaded by illegals.

"Fellow patriots:

Can you actually believe it?

The Santa Clarita City Council is taking up some new business this Tuesday, March 9: The City Council shall support or decline to support House of Representatives legislation 994, H. R. 997, H. R 2083, H. R. 3571, H. R. 1868, and H. R. 4548. These bills are ALL supported by Rep Buck McKeon ( R-25th ). What are all these resolutions about? Illegal Immigration...Imagine... The Santa Clarita City Council is either going to endorse or decline federal legislation. I must be dreaming.
H. R. 994. Loophole Elimination and Verification Enforcement Act
H. R. 997. English Language Unity Act.
H. R. 1868. Birthright Citizenship Act
H. R. 2083 Border Sovereignty and Protect Act
H. R. 3571. DE fund ACORN Act
H. R. 4548 Fairness for American Students Act
H. R. 1026. Resolution expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the continued peace, prosperity, prosperity, liberty and national security of the United States and it people, depend on the rule of law and credible and effective immigration policies which both welcome LAWFUL IMMIGRANTS AND NON-IMMIGRANTS AND ALSO PREVENT THE UNLAWFUL ENTRY OR UNLAWFUL CONTINUING PRESENCE OF FOREIGN PERSONS. The 1026 Resolution supports a NO AMNESTY policy for illegal aliens.

Of course, I am delighted the Council has finally decided to take a stand on the subject of illegal immigration.

Please, Please do not be misled by this Santa Clarita City Council action. The Council ( with the notable exception of Bob Kellar) has been deaf and blind to pleas from Santa Clarita voters complaining about the impact of illegal immigration in our city of Santa Clarita for years and years. That is until Councilman Kellar made his propitious remarks, January 16, 2010 at an illegal alien awareness rally at the Civic Center sponsored by the Santa Clarita Valley Independent Minutemen.

I would kindly ask the Council to table any action on the above until AFTER THE APRIL 13 CITY ELECTION.

This gesture is too little, too late and embarrasingly transparent.

A LAME DUCK WILL QUACK OUT ANYTHING TO GET YOUR VOTE.

I hope you also see through this fraud.

AT THIS TIME, I can tell you I can support only ONE candidate for the Council: Bob Kellar-endorsed

David Gauny.

I hope you will consider bullet voting for David Gauny( That's one vote only).

The other nine candidates for City Council are woeful, and in my opinion, fail to meet minimum standard on the subject of illegal immigration. The Council including the THREE running for re-election have demonstrated no interest in listening to voters' concerns over the devastating effects of illegal immigration.

However, of the THREE incumbents seeking re-election, Mayor West, Mayor Pro Tem McLean, and Councilman Ferry, there is one who I believe can be worked with, once David Gauny is elected to the Council. Though the THREE have vowed to campaign together, like the Three Musketeers, I think one of those can be separated and persuaded to re-think the position of non-involvement.

I know you would like to know who you think that incumbent candidate is, but I am unable to further comment AT THIS TIME.

Again, thank you all for your great support. I hope you will all join me Tuesday, March 9, 6:00pm, at Santa Clarita City Hall, to witness this historical action.

Roger Gitlin, Teacher
Santa Clarita Valley Independent Minutemen"