Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-11-2011, 05:06 AM

Default Fraud alert - came by E-mail.

To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Sent: 4/8/2011 4:25:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Fraud Alert: Dan Baltes, Utah

Yesterday I received some disturbing Intel from a very reliable source here in San Diego. I had never heard of Dan Baltes, but I think some of you have heard of him and/or dealt with him.

The main news is that Baltes is apparently claiming to organize events for Glenn Beck and other tea party type events and collecting money up front. Specifically he contacted tea party groups in San Diego and Arizona last month trying to sell $350 "discount" tickets to a Glenn Beck show he was supposedly producing at the Sports Arena. It was a scam. There was now show scheduled. Glenn Beck's people said they have never worked with him and there are no shows scheduled in San Diego or Arizona involving Dan Baltes.

Baltes apparently lives in Utah but operates in many other states (especially Arizona) trying to get people to send him money. He tells people he's one of the main leaders of the tea party and anti-illegal immigration movement.

Here are just some of the groups he claims to run:

Americans Against Illegal Amnesty
Restore our Dreams Productions
Recall all Incumbents
Recall Sheriff Dupnik

He also writes occasionally for the Examiner.com in Utah.
http://www.examiner.com/immigration-...ity/dan-baltes

I'm also told he is suspected of preying on single women and widows in the Patriot movement. He finds them, sends them videos of himself and asks them to send him money.

Anyone have any other Intel about this guy? This seems pretty serious. I think all our members and associates need to be warned about this guy that no one seems to have heard of until recently.

Lots of scams out there collecting money from Patriots and tea partiers right now. Beware of people you don't know asking for your money.

Jeff Schwilk, Founder
www.SanDiegoMinutemen.com
Old 04-11-2011, 06:33 AM
SOS Associate

Jeff is a little behind on this one,

I started looking in to Baltes after he showed up featured on Glenn Spencer's ABP page. It seemed odd that someone I had never heard of in the movement would rocket to the top so suddenly. I wasn't looking for a cheat per se, but rather an open borders poser.

The word out there should be:

Cons are everywhere; when someone on the internet solicits you for money, you should treat them like you would a person on the street doing the same.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:30 PM

Default Davi

I note the rolling announcement about fall out from the Gilchrist interview but I didn't listen to it. Will you be posting the results for us?

Just so you know, his comments about mobilizing to Arizona are being taken very seriously.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:52 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
I note the rolling announcement about fall out from the Gilchrist interview but I didn't listen to it. Will you be posting the results for us?

Just so you know, his comments about mobilizing to Arizona are being taken very seriously.
Yeah, I suppose I could write something up. I wouldn't say there was a bunch of backtalk on that, but there was a little. And what there was seems quite polarized in opposition to one another:
There's good Jim; The jim that brought much needed attention to the border, brought hundreds of people and groups together; planned and helped finance the logistics of, and then fielding a small army for a few weeks on the border without any notable bad incident.
Then there are those who tell of bad Jim; The Jim that mismanaged money, spent too much on legal fees, hijacked other people's events by attaching his name on their accomplishments to solicit donations, and sold his name to a sellout pro-amnesty presidential candidate.
People are just going to have to look at the facts, evidence, and make decisions based upon those.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Yeah, I suppose I could write something up. I wouldn't say there was a bunch of backtalk on that, but there was a little. And what there was seems quite polarized in opposition to one another:
There's good Jim; The jim that brought much needed attention to the border, brought hundreds of people and groups together; planned and helped finance the logistics of, and then fielding a small army for a few weeks on the border without any notable bad incident.
Then there are those who tell of bad Jim; The Jim that mismanaged money, spent too much on legal fees, hijacked other people's events by attaching his name on their accomplishments to solicit donations, and sold his name to a sellout pro-amnesty presidential candidate.
People are just going to have to look at the facts, evidence, and make decisions based upon those.

This thing may be aggrandizing more than you may want to know.

There is a very slim chance that the Arizona Legislature may possibly be entertaining some sort of financing for patriot volunteers. Certainly not certain by any means, only some aspirations voiced so far.

My way of thinking:

* If Arizona money is allocated it should be dispensed from the state directly to volunteer patriots as reimbursement for submitted receipts and vouchers.

* No state monies should be allowed to caging companies or patriot groups at all. No explanation needed.

It's definitely a hard sell job. But essential for the interest of our nation.

FYI this is in the pipeline now and I haven't a clue as to how it will all shake out.