Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Media

The Media Topics and information relating to the Media (publications, television, press, first amendment issues, etc) of interest to SOS Associates and Users

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-12-2009, 09:05 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Pocho, I cannot disagree with you more. I know this is what got me in poor favor at the old place but Shepard Smith is the ONLY one I will watch on Fox.

Silence you old hag!! How dayr you!! There iz many grate communtaturz on FOX but a libral marter like you kums here to stur the pot and deny that!! Is these the lies you hurd in the other bored?? You should ...

Oops, sorry. Wrong website. Never mind ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
The forces of fascism are hard at work silencing those that merely disagree with them. I see more and more the rightness of Dennis Prager when he stated that the left will bring fascism to America.
Without a doubt. The real attacks upon free speech in the latter half of the twentieth century, and more recently, have come from the left. The rise of "hate speech" legislation and the onlaught of political correctness are only the two most prominent examples.

George Orwell's Thought Police are closer to reality now than at any other time in my life.

Not only that, we're now seeing it play itself out in market forces. It's a simple forumula. "Whites" can be offended whereas Latinos and blacks can't. Why? Simple, economics. White consumers are largely established and spoken for. Their numbers and participation in the categories of wealthy, well-off or middle class are pretty much established and their purchasing habits are predictable. The domestic market for emerging buyers, though, is African-Americans and Hispanics. This is where the growing market share is in terms of increase in population and improvement in financial earning power. Consequently, Lou Dobbs and Rush Limbaugh can be tossed aside by CNN and the NFL, and no one will sweat it that much. And the fact that Janet Murguia and Al Sharpton (people disproportionately viewed as racists by white folks) appeared in the debate, matters little. Larry King will still attract his faithful viewers and the Packers and Cowboys can still sell caps, shirts and other merchandise. What these entities won't gamble, however, is losing the growing share of people of color.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Pocho, I cannot disagree with you more. I know this is what got me in poor favor at the old place but Shepard Smith is the ONLY one I will watch on Fox. I just do not like the people. No worry though I am almost not watching TV any more. Dancing with the Stars and political bashing of each other is about all that is on. I will take a sleeping pill and go to bed.
I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with me about, but just because you disagree with me won't land you in any trouble.

I like Shepard Smith, I also like Lou Dobbs. He was the sole voice of sanity on CNN, and the only program that kept CNN afloat. This was my only point. Lou Dobbs leaving CNN will begin the end for CNN.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:11 PM

My thought was that CNN would be gone and everything would be Fox. Dobbs used to be one of my favorites but he suddenly seem to change to the point that I could not under stand what he was for. The truth be told, I am just tired of hearing people t a l k all the time. Listen to one program on a channel and all the programs are the same material. Maybe my problem is I have too much time to watch TV, remember I am retired.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:38 PM

The situation I listened most closely to was how, in my opinion, he was a dissenting voice on a network that all the other coworkers were in agreement in direct conflict to his opinions.

Did we lose another voice? What was so wrong about dissent?
Old 11-14-2009, 07:05 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs232c View Post
The situation I listened most closely to was how, in my opinion, he was a dissenting voice on a network that all the other coworkers were in agreement in direct conflict to his opinions.

Did we lose another voice? What was so wrong about dissent?
If he had died, was killed, or pulled a Rushdie, I might say that we have lost another voice. At this point we still have at least the echos for reassurance. My concern is the TIMING. Here we have the announcement, or what passes for it anyway, of another amnesty push. I'm personally paying attention to the changes that happen in close proximity to that
Old 11-14-2009, 08:14 PM

I haven't watched Dobbs but maybe three times or so ever. Never really felt the inclination.

I don't watch any of programmed "news" either, as most of it is spun one way or another, or is merely thinly disguised entertainment for the shallow of mind.

I equally dislike Kieth Olberman and Bill O'Reilly, and have little regard for any televised or radio wave pundits. Nor do I care for either CNN or Fox in general, or any of the others, local or global. I loath and distrust them all.

However, there was some personal discussion today concerning Dobbs, which revolved around the probable fact, notwithstanding that Dobbs was in on the founding of CNN, that anyone who backed Dobbs at CNN was put on a corporate hit list. Otherwise, his house was shot at with his wife in range, he's had death threats concerning his stand against illegal migration, and it's probably been a tough go for him in any regard.

I understand Dobbs willingly left CNN, and that management agreed to let him out of his contract.

As far as Dobbs being pushed out of his position just in time to remove his voice from the immigration arena would be conspiracy theory speculation based on what little I know of his situation, but it would not be a farfetched concept by my understanding of the general media.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
I haven't watched Dobbs but maybe three times or so ever. Never really felt the inclination.

I don't watch any of programmed "news" either, as most of it is spun one way or another, or is merely thinly disguised entertainment for the shallow of mind.

I equally dislike Kieth Olberman and Bill O'Reilly, and have little regard for any televised or radio wave pundits. Nor do I care for either CNN or Fox in general, or any of the others, local or global. I loath and distrust them all.

However, there was some personal discussion today concerning Dobbs, which revolved around the probable fact, notwithstanding that Dobbs was in on the founding of CNN, that anyone who backed Dobbs at CNN was put on a corporate hit list. Otherwise, his house was shot at with his wife in range, he's had death threats concerning his stand against illegal migration, and it's probably been a tough go for him in any regard.

I understand Dobbs willingly left CNN, and that management agreed to let him out of his contract.

As far as Dobbs being pushed out of his position just in time to remove his voice from the immigration arena would be conspiracy theory speculation based on what little I know of his situation, but it would not be a farfetched concept by my understanding of the general media.
Well you're right to point out that there are no facts pointing to his be ousted because of the upcoming push for amnesty, but Dobbs was the only person on any of the news channels that discussed illegal immigration in an honest way. He didn't back down until now which is just weeks before their big push for amnesty. He had a huge following and was well respected for his intellect and honesty. La Raza had a hard time calling him a racist because he's married to a Hispanic woman whose family is from Mexico. There was a lot of pressure put on CNN in the last few weeks to fire him. And I don't think that it is just coincidence that he left at this exact time. Hopefully his departure will backfire on those that wanted him out, but with the push only weeks away it was a really bad time to loose our biggest voice and our loudest voice. Dobbs was national and that was a big blow.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:44 AM

[B]His leaving is all the more reason for us who are against Amnesty to do just what you guys did yesterday. Lately I have seen a harder push for Amnesty by the pro-illegal supporters. Folks it is time to become stronger but leave out the infighiing among all anti illegal fighters.
By posts some places I have seen I do believe there are some who once called themselves our supporters are now trying to bring down this SOS.info forum. I hope all who are truly against any kind of amnesty will be aware of any attempts to distract us.[ /B]
Old 11-15-2009, 12:16 PM

I agree with Jeanfromfillmore and Rim05 on their observations.

I found Dobbs to have integrity that few others on the airwaves have.
His passion for the issues was evident yet in the last few months it was apparent that something had happened behind the scenes as he went
into a format that was more representative of the CNN style than his own.

Now that news of his battles with CNN management have been made public I hope to see Lou some place speaking with his characteristic candor and passion.

Rim05 I fully expect that there will be and that there are attempts to defame our group. I agree with you that we should not allow all that infighting that turned the old SOS into an undesirable website.

At some point we will have to defend ourselves but I believe we can do so effectively and quickly without getting stuck in the "infighting mode".

It is time to step up and do something along the lines of our own rally in order to address Governments plan to force us to absorb millions of illegals.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:24 PM

The attack on free speech rights at all levels is very scary. When the USSR collapsed we hoped for a brighter less stressful world. Just the opposite has happened.