Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-10-2009, 08:24 AM

Default I need an SOS fix

Hello!

I guess I'm a newbie here but I have a question:

WHAT HAPPENNED TO SAVEOURSTATE.ORG???

I went to sign in...and had a heart attack!!

I see similar names here, is this the same site?
Old 11-10-2009, 08:34 AM

The names may be the same, but this is an entirely different site. With an entirely different philosophy of management.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:51 AM
SOS Associate

Statement on that issue available here:

http://www.saveourstate.info/showthr...?p=753#post753
Old 11-10-2009, 01:50 PM

We're here to continue the goals we worked on at the .org site. But with the philosophy that 'no one needs to shut up if their idea is valid or a consensus agrees that their idea is not harmful to our goals.' There won't be that attitude of 'do as I say or get out' and we will stick to the proper guidelines of a non-profit. We will not become anyone's political tool and be guided to their political, religious or conspiracy theories, and will focus our efforts at moving our cause forward, not someones personal agenda. As far as this being a California organization, it is. We here in California have been hurt the hardest by this invasion and need to focus a strong unified resistance. Our goal is protecting what little resources we have left and directing those resources to our own California citizens. As to other state members we appreciate their ideas and input and we hope to show how they can organize in their state and lead by example.
This change to SOS.info is a positive change and will move us forward. About two years ago many good members began to feel disenfranchised by the SOS.org and the direction management was taking. We've come to a consensus of what and who created many of the problems at SOS.org and hope those disenfranchised members that left still have the spirit and spark and will join with all of us in getting things back on track.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:24 PM

I do hope all who become members here will work for the good of this new forum and its members. 2008 was the beginning of the end for me at the old forum. People began to attack me for which political party I belonged to. Who I protested with, which forums I belonged to. I was a very active member in 05, 06, and 07. things began to get touchy in 08 but I had been in the swim of things too long to just up and drop out. It has been painful but life goes on. I am not as active as I once was but people should remember to respect fellow members.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:08 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs232c View Post
WHAT HAPPENED TO SAVEOURSTATE.ORG???

You're kidding. AZP didn't have the decency to issue a notice bearing an explanation to the remaining members before they closed shop?

Wow, real class.

The answer to your question: It went out of business. Joe Turner let the corporation be suspended when he intentionally failed to file necessary papers to keep the organization's corporate status. That was back at the end of June. Mike, Janet and Chelene had hoped to keep this info from most of the general membership and the organization was still holding itself out as a CA non-profit corporation. Holding itself out that way until, that is, AG pounced on the opportunity and filed to form Save Our State as a corporation. When that happened, Mike quickly yanked the representation about non-profit corporate status off the website (the jig was up).

Bottom line - for almost two months there was the real Save Our State (this one) and Joe Turner's former organization's remnants. Davi, who is far more patient a person than I would have been, decided to play nice and spent a considerable deal of time negotiating a peaceful termination of the former entity's activities.

Bottom line: There is one Save Our State and this is it.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:19 PM

WooHoo!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:58 PM

DA/AZ you better get over to your home. ImInDisblief is really digging into you.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:27 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Yeah, I noticed. The remnants of the Good Ship Nightingale seem to have washed into my little corner of the internet.

Oh well, my site is pretty much The Marketplace of Ideas. If I can endure a guy repeatedly telling me about my sister's death on Youtube, I'm not really going to sweat Mommy Dearest decrying my sexist tendencies.

By the way, as a point of accuracy, I think the term miscegenation better describes portions of my life than misogynist.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:39 PM

Well I'm glad I found it again. I would have lost a large voice.

Back to Junior Member again.

If I understand this, I cannot post "I'm voting for X!", is that right?

Last edited by rs232c; 11-10-2009 at 08:42 PM.