Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Rebel

Yeah I remember that too AG
circa 1974
Old 06-05-2011, 07:52 PM

I wonder why Jeff Schwilk jumps to Chelene's defense whenever she whispers in his ear?
Old 06-05-2011, 09:47 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
I wonder why Jeff Schwilk jumps to Chelene's defense whenever she whispers in his ear?
Because they're two peas in a pod. They occupy very similar positions. Schwilk defending Nightingale, is a stone's throw away from defending himself. A lot of the criticisms that can be made about Chelene, could just as easily be laid at Schwilk's feet.

Think about what they have in common.

A. Both at mid-life without a great deal of opportunity to better themselves or their prospects in life.
B. Both have enjoyed a degree of success and recognition in the anti-illegal immigration movement.
C. Both largely unsuccessful in other endeavors prior to '05. Before age 40, Chelene accumulated a small string of acting and modeling credits to put on her resume. Jeff had an entirely unremarkable military career, and essentially retired just before age 40.
D. Both have limited prospects of receiving the notoriety/recognition/cred enjoyed by Jim Gilchrist.
E. Both are possessed of very average intelligence and not a great deal of formal education. Unless they select their surroundings/compatriots very carefully, both are rarely the smartest person in the room ... or even the second smartest (that's problematic when you have your heart set on being in charge).
F. Both committed major blunders while entrusted with leading organizations. Chelene disintegrated/alienated the bulk of Save Our State's membership, while Jeff turned himself into a search engine joke and racked up a string of lawsuit judgments.
G. Both know well the pressure of financial distress.
H. Both are big-time conspiracy theory devotees (not a little, a LOT).
I. Both have major personality/emotional failings/weaknesses. Schwilk has a smoking temper that gets him in trouble, and Chelene becomes very uncomfortable when she is receiving insufficient attention and praise.

It makes sense to me why he constantly has her back. Besides, he's tailor made for her. Chelene is a physically and, can be, personally attractive woman. She's quite capable of making men feel good about themselves in a very basic way. And her charm doesn't involve having to sleep around or even letting a guy lay a finger on her. She's practiced at being a desired female, and she can turn it on for the right audience. Guys will defend that. It's not an insignificant thing in life.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 06-05-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:25 AM

Quote:
or "old acid tongue" to use the term of one of the less enlightened souls on this board
That is one of your unique traits. Your day is not complete unless you can jab at soneone, anyone. I think you have earned the title.
I would say, I am 'less enlightened', because I do not get involved in what I call gossip, now days called 'trash talk'.
Have a good day.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:28 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
No; There was fighting from the start. Joe started in with Andy Ramirez of Friends Of The Border Patrol. then came fights between the chase factions of border watch groups. SOS had infighting all along. It shouldn't be a big deal that people bicker and feud within the movement. If you see something you don't like, it's best to speak up. Certainly there will be someone that doesn't like others to speak up. When people are silenced, it gives rise to hitlerian attitudes.
I wasn't suggesting that anyone should be silenced. And yes, I do remember there was friction between Andy Ramirez and SOS, but there was none of this estrangement between us and the Minutemen or Alipac or Chelene that exists today. I'm not condemning anyone here, just observing how things have changed over the years, and I think it's unfortunate.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 06-06-2011 at 05:30 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:22 PM

Sam has some good points here. I can pinpoint the exact time I became a threat to her. It was when MikeinLA and I organized the first American Apperal protest in Hollywood. We had a decent turnout without her as she has on a sabbatical to deal with family issues.
The second protest was also well attended, and Chelene was there. What she saw in me was that I was moving out of her sphere of influence and creating my own. Not that I had any intention of subverting SOS. To the contrary, my desire was to help grow the org and broaden our appeal. Sadly, she viewed me as a threat and I believe that she manipulated members and leaders in SOS to view me as such.
It all came to a head when she went whole hog in supporting Ron Paul. While I thought many of his ideas where important and worthy of discussion, I did not believe that he was the best candidate for the job. I was told on numerous occasions, publicly and privately to cease voicing my concerns. Eventually I was banned. Chelene even claimed she had evidence of a plot between myself and Sam to cause her harm. Needless to say that was not even remotely true. However Chelene is the paranoid type. So I simply ignored this baseless accusation and left the border security movement. My life has been a lot more peaceful since then.

Last edited by PochoPatriot; 06-06-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
That is one of your unique traits. Your day is not complete unless you can jab at soneone, anyone. I think you have earned the title.
I would say, I am 'less enlightened', because I do not get involved in what I call gossip, now days called 'trash talk'.
Have a good day.
I do not know you Rim but apparently you've got your knickers in twist over something. I don't know why you are so upset but I suggest you call in to SOS radio this week and you can actually talk to me in person and perhaps become more enlightened. I have nothing against you and I like I said I don't even know who you are so lighten up, life is to short to sweat the petty stuff.
circa 1974
Old 06-06-2011, 04:00 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waco Kid View Post
I do not know you Rim but apparently you've got your knickers in twist over something. I don't know why you are so upset but I suggest you call in to SOS radio this week and you can actually talk to me in person and perhaps become more enlightened. I have nothing against you and I like I said I don't even know who you are so lighten up, life is to short to sweat the petty stuff.
Hey....Some of us enjoy sweating the petty stuff!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Rebel

AG, you just like to "pet the sweaty stuff". LOL
circa 1974
Old 06-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Rebel

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waco Kid View Post
I missed being able to talk to you in person on the SOS online radio broadcast last night. Why didn't you call? If you take advantage of this board shouldn't you contribute in other ways. Call next time, I know everyone would like to hear from you in person plus would appreciate your support in a proactive manner.

So many times people behind the keyboard are not willing to do anything else. Are you that way? If not call in next time, you will have a great time and maybe realize that some of the things you heard through the grapevine are not true. It all comes down to being a keyboard critic or an active supporter. Which are you? I know the answer, do you?

Take care.
circa 1974