Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-22-2011, 07:16 PM

Default Perry booed on (illegal) immigration at GOP debate

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-at-gop-debate

Texas Gov. Rick Perry was booed by the Republican audience after he discussed his rationale for giving in-state tuition to the children of undocumented immigrants in his state, an achilles heel for the border-state governor with hard-line conservatives.

"There is nobody on this stage who has spent more time working on border security than I have. For a decade I’ve been the governor of a state with a 1200 mile border with Mexico," he said, adding he supported Arizona's immigration law and heavier patrols on the border.

"But if you say that we should not educate children who have come into our state for no other reason that they have been brought there by no fault of their own I don’t think you have a heart," Perry continued. "We need to be educating these children because they will become a drag on our society... I still support it greatly."

In response, the Republican crowd in Orlando, Fla., booed heartily.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:49 PM

Thank God people are willing to attack this thread bare phony GOP globalist. He is no better than Obama.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:27 AM

I would have booed also! I like the man, but not that message!
Old 09-24-2011, 06:02 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Army Mom View Post
I would have booed also! I like the man, but not that message!
PAM, I would suggest to you that that message reflects on the man and his character. It's not just that he voices support for in-state tuition for illegal aliens, it's that he is lying about it.

His explanation about that policy, that he gave at the debate in Tampa, included two references that Texas made a decision that it doesn't matter what a kid's "last name sounds" like if he wants to go to college. That is just a flat-out misrepresentation. Hispanics are not, and were not before Perry instituted the in-state tuition for illegals policy in 2001, prevented from going to Texas state colleges. People with ethnic last names were neither barred from school nor charged more to attend. The test for in-state tuition before 2001 was legal residency, not ethnicity or race.

Perry pulled the race card when he suggested ethnicity was a legal impediment to going to a university in his state.

Further, both in Tampa and Orlando, Perry stated that providing the taxpayer subsidized tuition rate was the right move because A) it would allow these kids to become productive members of society, and B) keep them off "the dole" in Texas.

PAM, when those kids graduate they can't work, as a matter of law. There will be no IBM jobs, no positions with Apple Computers, Hess Oil, law firms or accounting agencies. The only way that could occur would be for the kids to commit substantial fraud (I.D. theft, forgery, etc.). Further, illegal aliens cannot receive welfare ("the dole") in Texas w/o, again, committing considerable fraud.

Perry is lying.

He is also lying when he says that they don't get the in-state tuition rate unless they are "working toward citizenship" or "on their way toward citizenship." That is substantively false, as well. It's a matter of law. A person who enters the U.S. illegally cannot regularize his residency w/o going home and applying to enter lawfully (and waiting) like everyone else. It doesn't matter if marriage to a U.S. citizen occurs, or anything else. It's not legally possible under current immigration regulations/standards. These kids are not "on their way" toward citizenship. They are simply signing a piece of paper that says they will obtain legal residency when they can. AB540 in California has students sign a similar document. It's bullsh--. That can't happen (w/o an amnesty), as a matter of law.

Every time this guy talks about immigration, PAM, he is misleading and misrepresenting. Every time. He is John McCain with better hair. I would suggest to you he's not worthy of your liking him b/c he keeps trying to decieve you and other people in the audience when he tries to justify the in-state tuition situation in the Lone Star State. It's not that he supports it, it's that he so dishonest in his efforts to explain it.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 09-24-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:16 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
He is also lying when he says that they don't get the in-state tuition rate unless they are "working toward citizenship" or "on their way toward citizenship." That is substantively false, as well. It's a matter of law. A person who enters the U.S. illegally cannot regularize his residency w/o going home and applying to enter lawfully (and waiting) like everyone else. It doesn't matter if marriage to a U.S. citizen occurs, or anything else. It's not legally possible under current immigration regulations/standards. These kids are not "on their way" toward citizenship. They are simply signing a piece of paper that says they will obtain legal residency when they can. AB540 in California has students sign a similar document. It's bullsh--. That can't happen (w/o an amnesty), as a matter of law..
Sorry, but I've seen that they can. I've seen it up close and personal. Hell, there's a recent statement on my youtube page by one of those kids that argued with me at our recent billboard event that echoed that. Her parents entered illegally and got regularized, and are now applying for citizenship.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:22 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Sorry, but I've seen that they can. I've seen it up close and personal. Hell, there's a recent statement on my youtube page by one of those kids that argued with me at our recent billboard event that echoed that. Her parents entered illegally and got regularized, and are now applying for citizenship.
This kid is lying to you, Davi. I've been down this road legally before. You can speak to an immigration lawyer (which I'm not).

There are different sets of rules that apply to people who enter legally but are now unlawfully present (i.e. overstaying a visa), as opposed to people who swim or climb over at the border. People who unlawfully enter cannot gain legal residency w/o going home. Most kids from Mexico fall into the first category.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:46 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
This kid is lying to you, Davi. I've been down this road legally before. You can speak to an immigration lawyer (which I'm not).

There are different sets of rules that apply to people who enter legally but are now unlawfully present (i.e. overstaying a visa), as opposed to people who swim or climb over at the border. People who unlawfully enter cannot gain legal residency w/o going home. Most kids from Mexico fall into the first category.
Once again, I've witnessed it.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:51 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Once again, I've witnessed it.
Whatever you've witnessed, there is some other piece to the puzzle or something you were either lied to about or not told. Speak to an immigration lawyer. He or she can relate what I've told you.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:08 AM

Thanks SZ. Will remember what you've said. All I have to do is talk to my sister and know better.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:48 AM

I stay too busy to post very much any more however, my opinion of Perry is very low. Anyone who attends, graduates from college should be able to speak proper English. I can't stand his, "Am onna" do this and that.

I have followed Perry since his last election and I don't think any one will want him for President. He is as arrogrant as can be and just loves all the big mouth blabber he gives.
The latest name I hear him called is Scary Perry.

I have watched all three debates so I am aware of what all of them are saying.

I don't know why we can not have at least one or two quality candidates.