Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Media

The Media Topics and information relating to the Media (publications, television, press, first amendment issues, etc) of interest to SOS Associates and Users

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-20-2011, 02:55 PM

Default Poll: Fox Most Trusted Political News Source

Poll: Fox Most Trusted Political News Source

By Don Irvine | May 20, 2011

Liberals received some more bad news this week as a new Suffolk University poll revealed that Fox News is the most trusted political news source among those surveyed.
FOX News – 28%
CNN – 18%
Undecided -12%
NBC – 10%
Other -10%
MSNBC — 7%
ABC — 6%
CBS — 6%
C-SPAN — 3%
For CNN the poll was a little bit of good news at a time the network is struggling with it’s primetime lineup, and after they received a black-eye this week for omitting former New York governor and current CNN host Eliot Spitzer from a story on political sex scandals.
The news wasn’t so good for MSNBC which finished a distant third to its cable news brethren with just 7% of respondents saying that they trusted the liberal cable news network.
It’s true that part of the explanation for these results is that the only network that conservatives find their viewpoint fairly represented is on the Fox News Channel, but maybe airing all that one-sided programming bashing conservatives isn’t so good for the other networks after all.
http://www.aim.org/don-irvine-blog/p...ign=be1ee5a025
Old 05-20-2011, 11:48 PM

CNN, Fox, Local TV "news", I don't like any of them.

Too much opinion and scandal chasing. Not much of it is objective journalism.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:31 AM

Quote:

I am glad to see someone else can see what I have said many times. I still watch as much as I can stand from both sides. It gets to be a real joke.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:50 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post

FOX may have its flaws, but I'm delighted that they're the most watched and trusted cable news network. Of course I have a conservative bias, but is there any network which will give you the conservative point of view? And how many networks are there with a liberal bias? I can think of at least five offhand.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 05-31-2011, 03:44 PM

Phil, it is about reporting the truth. I find Faux to be one of the worst. Don't ask me to tell you one that does not lie.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Phil, it is about reporting the truth. I find Faux to be one of the worst. Don't ask me to tell you one that does not lie.
What has Fox lied about?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 05-31-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
FOX may have its flaws, but I'm delighted that they're the most watched and trusted cable news network. Of course I have a conservative bias, but is there any network which will give you the conservative point of view? And how many networks are there with a liberal bias? I can think of at least five offhand.
I dream of media which one cannot describe as either liberal or conservative, and the bubble headed giggling morning showcasters are far more suited to trash TV and game shows than real journalism.

Objective reporting in which the reporter stifles his own bias to bring facts, not propaganda and agenda - that's the way it's supposed to be.

CNN and Fox both fall way short of the standard, although I do believe CNN has a tad more of a sneering superiority complex.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.