Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-20-2011, 05:19 PM

Default Fox News host parrots myth about illegal alien employment

Fox News host parrots myth about illegal alien employment
During a discussion about illegal immigration on today’s Fox News’ “Five at Five” show, co-host Andrea Tantaros made a claim so often heard from the open borders crowd, saying: “I don’t believe that a lot of Americans want the jobs.”
That belief puts the glamorous Fox News host at odds with the majority of Americans who know better.
A recent Rasmussen Reports poll found that 61 percent of Americans believe that if immigration laws were enforced, a result would be less poverty in this country. (The telephone survey of 1,000 Adults was conducted on April 2-3, 2011 by Rasmussen Reports, with a margin of error of +/- 3 percentage points.)
In July 2007, Rasmussen asked the same question and found that only 45 percent of Americans held that belief.
The large increase may indicate that Americans are becoming more aware of the impact illegal aliens are having on the high rate of unemployment in this country.
A 2010 study by the Pew Hispanic Center found that while every demographic of native-born workers has lost millions of jobs during this deep recession, foreign-born workers have actually increased their employment numbers.
Since June 2009, immigrants (including illegal aliens) have gained 656,000 jobs, while U.S. born workers lost 1.2 million jobs during that same period.
One city where illegal aliens are contributing to U.S. unemployment is New York City (the same city where Ms. Tantaros works).
The city that people around the world believe typifies the United States, and is the center of the world’s financial industry is actually a haven for illegal aliens, as they now hold a large chunk of the city’s jobs. Upon examination, it is painfully obvious that the same New York City that welcomed millions of legal immigrants to this country during the early 20th century, has become more welcoming to illegal aliens than it is to even the grandchildren of those legal immigrants.
Over the last few years, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has devoted much of his time to lobbying for the supposed rights of illegal aliens and attempting to convince law-abiding Americans that the country desperately needs those who disrespect our laws.
In December 2007, Mayor Bloomberg said: “Although [illegal immigrants] broke the law by illegally crossing our borders or over-staying their visas and our businesses broke the law by employing them, our city’s economy would be a shell of itself had they not, and it would collapse if they were deported.”
In 2003, Mayor Michael Bloomberg signed Executive Order 41 which protects the privacy of illegal aliens and grants them access to all city services. The order bars city employees (including police officers) from inquiring into one’s immigration status.
Bloomberg recently went to Capitol Hill to lobby once again for amnesty for illegal aliens.
What effect has Bloomberg’s sanctuary policy had on New York’s employment situation?
In 2007, the Fiscal Policy Institute released a study revealing that there were 374,000 illegal aliens employed in New York City, accounting for 10 percent of the city’s total workforce.
The study also concluded that illegal aliens in New York have a labor force participation rate of 70 percent—higher than that of citizens and legal residents as well.
While many open-borders advocates would point to the fact that illegal aliens hold 54 percent of the city’s dishwashing jobs, and assert that they only do the jobs that “Americans won’t do,” the reality is that illegal aliens are allowed to perform many jobs that millions of Americans would readily accept.
The Fiscal Policy Institute study also found that illegal aliens are filling certain jobs in New York City in the following numbers:
-Painters, construction & maintenance…7,000 (34 percent of workforce)
-Cooks…21,000 (33 percent of workforce)
-Construction laborers…17,000 (32 percent of workforce)
-Automotive service technicians & mechanics…5,000 (26 percent of workforce)
-Carpenters…9,000 (26 percent of workforce)
-Taxi drivers & chauffeurs…11,000 (20 percent of workforce)
-Truck drivers…9,000 (15 percent of workforce)
According to U.S. Census data, Mexican immigrants (both legal and illegal) are more likely to have a job than those who were born in New York City. About 75 percent of all Mexican nationals in New York between ages 16 and 65 are employed in the civilian work force.
Even more astounding, the unemployment rate among Mexican illegal aliens in New York City is only around four percent.
With 1 in 5 Americans out of work, we simply cannot afford to allow one job go to an illegal alien. The issue of illegal immigration is now a fight for the survival of the American family.
As I always say…For every illegal alien with a job, there is an American without one.
By Dave Gibson
Immigration Reform Examiner
Dave Gibson, a former legislative aide to a state senator, has been working as a freelance writer for many years. His work has been published in...
http://www.examiner.com/immigration-...ien-employment
Old 09-21-2011, 05:41 AM

Andrea Tantaros is just another of the throng who will turn the earth over to make the Illlegal Invaders look good. Amazing to see Fox falling in line with them, I thought Fox was THE news truth channel.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:16 AM

Default Illegals !

It is certain that practically every news report of an ICE raid on a major employer results in the aftermath of hundreds of Americans lined up outside taking those jobs to replace the illegals apprehended. I just watched an American woman, a couple of weeks ago on Fox, with a Masters Degree who had taken a minimum wage, menial job. She said: Anything is better than nothing. Fox also aired that some serious Americans are in to their second year of unemployment.

A personal experience:

As some may know I get involved in certain activities. I was driving by a new commercial construction of a 3 story building in a large mall parking lot close to my home and noticed quite a few men on the street/ sidewalk/and parking lot with signs, picketing. I parked and talked to them. They were the carpenters union based in Westchester County and included my County, Rockland, and New York City. Westchester and Rockland are the two County's adjacent and North of NYC. These are the guys that work on buildings such as the NYC skyscrapers and places like the World Trade center. They are very skilled and the carpenters union wage scale is available on the Internet. It's easily up around $35 -$40 per hour and with benefits it adds another $10 or $15. And this is the scale used by the New York State Department of Labor for "prevailing wage". It's a BIG deal.

The picketers told me that the building was a new Prudential Rand *( real-estate ) office. There were 9 workers up on the roof shingling. The men said those were all illegal aliens. There were other workers on the ground so I walked over and talked to some. They could no speak English. *( I'm fluent in Spanish ). They were from Latin America and didn't have papers. A pickup truck drove up and I spoke to the driver. He was the foreman, a Latino who did speak English. I got the name of the company and more information. ALL 9 shingle-rs were illegal!

I asked the carpenters who their business agent was and they gave me the contact info. I phoned him and said I wanted to meet, to which he agreed. A couple of days later we met for coffee at a Diner near the site. I explained my activities and gave him some ICE contact information. He invited me to take a ride with him to visit some other construction sites where more illegal aliens were working. One included a new Hilton Hotel at the entrance/exit on the New York Thruway. The business agent showed me his log book in which he had listed every contractor in the region including county's further upstate that hired illegal aliens. It was a treasure trove. He had spent a lot of time investigation and certainly had the goods on the illicit contractors.

I asked him how many carpenters worked out of his hall and he said about 1,500. He added that there were from 300 to 500 who were NOT WORKING. To be fair and balanced "some" of those contractors were "non-union". So that had to be taken into the equation of my evaluation. The contractors didn't have to employ union carpenters, on non-union jobs, but in my final analysis the fact remained that illegal aliens were being hired by the bandit contractors and stealing jobs from Americans who were highly skilled blue collar tradesmen.

That carpenters union is big and covers many states. Their New Jersey office detected a very big home builder in Pennsylvania who was hiring illegal workers. The Union sued the developer.

Andrea Tantaro is just another fluff brained bimbo who is a left leaning embarrasment to America. The older I get, and longer I live, I am more and more disillusioned at the increasing numbers of pseudo - Americans who have been brain washed and quite obviously are seriously lacking in mental capacity. And I am serious. Not being flippant. They all have an agenda. Baghdad Bob had an agenda when he reported that - " We are winning" while the America troops were in the street outside his office !

I think I am on pretty solid ground now to predict that in 2012 we will see a regime change and a sweeping out of the detritus.

Last edited by wetibbe; 09-23-2011 at 04:48 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:29 AM

The union wants them so that they can get their dues. I've cleaned toilets and if I was younger would do it again. Go home you illegals, what ever color you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 07:11 AM

In Southern California, I believe the Carpenter's union to be corrupt and a "union" in name only - interested only in dues to support the union "leadership".

I've spoke with a number of people who are or were members of the Carpenter Union in Riverside, it seems that the jobs nearly all go to "Latinos", most of those of whom I have have had contact I observed to be "English challenged". One, a white guy who could physically pass for a light colored Mexican and has a surname which sounds "Latino" was advised to take advantage of it as an apprentice because he wouldn't be working much as a journeyman otherwise. Note that that hall allows members to solicit their own work - no control.

I believe quite a few of the unions in California to be such. The teamsters in Southern California are all about Amnesty, while Teamster leader James P. Hoffa recently came out with a newspaper commentary which decried Mexican trucking incursion into the United State - practically described Mexican nationals as job thieves.

AFL-CIO Poobah Richard Trumko wrote an article I viewed in Spanish which blasted Arizona's 1070 bill.

Southern California Local 47 IBEW has a Spanish Language insert in its monthly newspaper geared towards non English speaking tree trimmers which often has articles which may enrage the general membership if they were printed in English.

A former director for the IBEW-NECA Outside Apprenticeship has been alleged to favor race over quality concerning awarding apprenticeships, and to give "Latinos" test answers to those who couldn't pass otherwise. I understand the questions were all changed after he left.

Go to just about any construction job in Southern California and see what language is spoken on the job, it often isn't English and I would wager that most were illegal at first.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 09-25-2011 at 08:19 AM.