Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-19-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
If I may interject here. We don't do much censoring here, as we believe most people can defend themselves pretty well. But a little advice is given. Most of us are comrades, or at least should be, and there's no reason to get off on the wrong foot with anyone over politics. RIM is as opposed to illegalism as anyone I've seen, and has stood on the streets with many of us in threatening conditions. I know a little banter is standard on internet forums, but usually that kind of teasing is reserved for people who know each other a little first
Standing in threatening conditions, I've had a truck load of drunk illegals try to run me down when I was 13 on a dark country farm road, I've had them stick a knife to my throat when I was 12, I had an adult hispanic male stand on my neck in a public swimming pool and damn near drown! I've had a group of young black males 15 to 20 yrs of age try to stone me to death when I was swimming in the levy at 8yrs old, I've had 6 black males put the boots to me one night at age 9. And you know that was the least of my problems growing up!

I've hated my country most of my life! And recently I have realized I do love my country and will fight for her as though she is my beloved bride! And above said list goes on and on!

And you're right I shouldn't take jabs at users I don't know, but hey she's jabbin' at the only GOP candidate I have that isn't pandering to illegals.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:10 PM

I started my post to Iwill work in a friendly manner, noting that he/she is new here.
I was ask for my opinion on some one (Palin and Bachmann) and I gave it. That is my opinion and it will not change. I hope all noted that I did not post anyone that I am excited about.
This thing of thinking all must agree with others is child thinking. I read and watch different things and then make up my own mind.
The truth is, They All Lie, so people can believe which ever they want to believe.

I find it a comedy to see people try to cut a person down because that person does not agree with what they say.

I just have to throw my opinion in once in a while.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
[B]I started my post to Iwill work in a friendly manner, noting that he/she is new here.
I just don't think you looked at Bachmann very well before you slammed her!
She's a great lady, who's done some wonderful things! Not just as a politician.

And come election day, I want all of us to back a winner, and yeah that's probably selfish and childish, but hey that's me, I'm only 53. Plus she's "Hot" lookin'!

quick link to her immigration page, and rest of her site!
http://bachmann.house.gov/Issues/Issue/?IssueID=4316

Good-night Rim05 and Cali. I'm tired I tore off 3500sq.ft. of shingles today, single handily.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Rebel

Quote:
I started my post to Iwill work in a friendly manner, noting that he/she is new here.
I was ask for my opinion on some one (Palin and Bachmann) and I gave it. That is my opinion and it will not change. I hope all noted that I did not post anyone that I am excited about.
This thing of thinking all must agree with others is child thinking. I read and watch different things and then make up my own mind.
The truth is, They All Lie, so people can believe which ever they want to believe.

I find it a comedy to see people try to cut a person down because that person does not agree with what they say.

So you just "know what you know" and bother with no reference or factual basis for your opinion. Sorry but that is what got our country to where it is now. You are entitled to your opinions but if you expect them to be taken seriously you must back them up with facts. Otherwise you are pissing in the wind and we all know what happens in that scenario. The comedy of which you speak is exactly what you are doing. So in your own words you should not say a word about Pailin or Bachman. Painted yourself (oh so clearly)in a corner.
circa 1974
Old 05-20-2011, 03:39 AM
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waco Kid View Post
So you just "know what you know" and bother with no reference or factual basis for your opinion. Sorry but that is what got our country to where it is now. You are entitled to your opinions but if you expect them to be taken seriously you must back them up with facts. Otherwise you are pissing in the wind and we all know what happens in that scenario. The comedy of which you speak is exactly what you are doing. So in your own words you should not say a word about Pailin or Bachman. Painted yourself (oh so clearly)in a corner.
That's what Demorats do. Anyone who voted for Obama and defends him is not all there. Herman Cain is supposed to throw his hat into the ring soon and he is excellent on immigration.

Herman Cain on Immigration: "Secure the Border; Empower the States."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPE9ARPk_6w
Old 05-20-2011, 03:52 AM

Default My thoughts

As a conservative Republican I like both Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman for their attitudes and political positions. And as an NRA member and hunter I like Sarah's fondness of fishing and hunting.

I suppose I like them because I see the other side of women such as Nancy Pelosi. Maxine Waters, Barbara Boxer and numerous others and thus I am thankful that all women are not alike. To me it's nice to have the females in my camp. conservatives, and liking guns and fishing rods too instead of bleating for amnesty, open borders and bans on guns and hunting.

However, both Sarah and Michelle are way down in the polls and there isn't anything on the horizon, that I can see, that will move either one up to be serious contenders who have a shot at the nomination.

I'm shocked that Ron Paul isn't even mentioned in the polls on Fox news now.

My guy is Mitt Romney. Now that Huckabee and Trump dropped out and Gingrich floundered on the rocks Mitt seems to be in the lead.
Famous former mayor of NYC, Ed Koch, said if a candidate had 12 points and you agree with nine go with him/her. There is no perfect candidate.

As it stands now, Obama may not have a very good chance at re-election for several reasons. Not only his eligibility, which he wont be able to prove to the satisfaction of several states, but also the economy, gas prices, inflation, illegal immigration, foreign policy, and a host of other issues including Obamacare and energy/environment, drilling

Last edited by wetibbe; 05-21-2011 at 02:18 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:10 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:

Rim, I understand that you don't like Palin and Bachmann because of their personalities. I'd like to know how you feel about their stands on the issues. Are you aware of their positions on illegal immigration?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 05-20-2011, 05:18 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWHBLCAIN View Post
That's what Demorats do. Anyone who voted for Obama and defends him is not all there. Herman Cain is supposed to throw his hat into the ring soon and he is excellent on immigration.

Herman Cain on Immigration: "Secure the Border; Empower the States."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPE9ARPk_6w
Good video! I don't know why NumbersUSA gives him a D+. When you go down the list of his positions, he only has one that's on the negative side. It seems their grading system is way out of line.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 05-20-2011 at 05:27 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:31 AM

Quote:
I am glad to see that you at least realize that I am entitled to my opinion. At least you know that much. I am not in any kind of corner, I just know from experience what a know everything and it will be by way, will keep this going until some one closes the thread.
The most I can say about both of the Belles is they don't know what they are babbling about and they just plain get on my nerves.

I will also remind you that you were the Acid Mouth of the old SOS, so chew on that.

It should be common knowledge that if a poster posts something a few others do not agree with, they think they can and will attack. Go ahead, doesn't bother me. My opinions are still the same and I will always go with my own beliefs.

Phil, I gave my reasons in my post. And Chris M was not the person who made the funny. It was a guest on some program, I really don't remember who.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Rebel

Talking

Quote:
I am glad to see that you at least realize that I am entitled to my opinion. At least you know that much. I am not in any kind of corner, I just know from experience what a know everything and it will be by way, will keep this going until some one closes the thread.
The most I can say about both of the Belles is they don't know what they are babbling about and they just plain get on my nerves.

I will also remind you that you were the Acid Mouth of the old SOS, so chew on that.

It should be common knowledge that if a poster posts something a few others do not agree with, they think they can and will attack. Go ahead, doesn't bother me. My opinions are still the same and I will always go with my own beliefs.

Phil, I gave my reasons in my post. And Chris M was not the person who made the funny. It was a guest on some program, I really don't remember who.
There you go, you cannot tell us one thing of substance to support your ad hom attacks on Palin and then to compound the nonsense you personally attack me with childish name calling. You can stick your head in the sand "and know what you know" but that will never provide you with a cogent argument to back up what you say, therefore most thinking people will dismiss your statements for what they are, empty declarations. Your approach is quite simple and a tactic liberals use all the time. Ask a simple yes or no question and they don't answer but instead change the subject and launch a straw man argument. Do you understand the difference of Opinion and fact? I think not, people who blindly follow the main stream media without reviewing the facts are the reason with now have president BO.

Now I know you think Sara and Michelle are babbling and it gets on your nerves, however that sounds like something an overwrought housewife blurts out in a moment of frustration & sheer emotion when she can't control the kids, no thought behind it, just a visceral reaction.

It all comes down to intellect verses emotion. People who base their opinions upon factual substance are those to be taken seriously while the ones basing opinion upon emotion are usually uninformed and very easily dismissed. They are nonetheless still entitled to their opinion just as I am entitled to not take them seriously.

Love ya babe,
Old Acid Mouth
circa 1974

Last edited by The Waco Kid; 05-20-2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: typd