Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 02-08-2010, 08:59 AM

Default I-10 reopens after hours long police standoff

I-10 reopens after hours long police standoff
http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news...207-ON-CP.html
CASA GRANDE, Ariz. (AP) — Traffic on Interstate 10 was snarled for hours Sunday afternoon after a man called authorities and said he was being forced to drive a U-Haul truck filled with illegal immigrants to Mexico.
The resulting chase and standoff closed I-10 in both directions near Casa Grande for several hours, clogging the main route between Phoenix and Tucson.
But after several hours, a SWAT team determined the truck was empty.
Officer Robert Bailey says the man told officers his family was also being held hostage and that there were three men in the back of the truck with high powered rifles.
The truck stopped after its tires were flattened by the DPS and the man was taken into custody. It took about three hours for the SWAT team to arrive, scout the truck and determine it was empty.
The highway reopened at about 4:30 p.m.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I-10 reopens after hours long police standoff
http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news...207-ON-CP.html
CASA GRANDE, Ariz. (AP) — Traffic on Interstate 10 was snarled for hours Sunday afternoon after a man called authorities and said he was being forced to drive a U-Haul truck filled with illegal immigrants to Mexico.
The resulting chase and standoff closed I-10 in both directions near Casa Grande for several hours, clogging the main route between Phoenix and Tucson.
But after several hours, a SWAT team determined the truck was empty.
Officer Robert Bailey says the man told officers his family was also being held hostage and that there were three men in the back of the truck with high powered rifles.
The truck stopped after its tires were flattened by the DPS and the man was taken into custody. It took about three hours for the SWAT team to arrive, scout the truck and determine it was empty.
The highway reopened at about 4:30 p.m.
"forced to drive a U-Haul truck filled with illegal immigrants to Mexico".

"the man told officers his family was also being held hostage and that there were three men in the back of the truck with high powered rifles".

Come on now, everyone knows this was a decoy. What were they really up to!
Old 02-08-2010, 11:12 PM

Some guys will do anything to get out of eating their wife's cooking, lol.