Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-02-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
So I was right, it is bent to the left if you're looking directly at her. Word now has it that a lot of people who were leaning towards Brown are now switching their vote to Whitman just because of Gloria's shenanigans.

As far as the rally goes, it seems like it would be good to have it on a weekday when there's a chance Gloria could be in her office. I realize a lot of people aren't available to do rallies during the week, and I just happen to be off work this time, but I don't think a weekend rally would have the same effect.
I agree with you Phil that doing it on a weekday would be the best, but how many would show? I don't have a problem with a weekday this coming week, so if we can get a handful of people, I'm more than willing to get the word out. We just have to decide very soon.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Continent Thief

This whole thing has got me thinking about whether Gloria Allred herself employs a housekeeper, and if so what her immigration status is. Could be worth investigating.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 10-03-2010, 11:08 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
This whole thing has got me thinking about whether Gloria Allred herself employs a housekeeper, and if so what her immigration status is. Could be worth investigating.

Not really. She's obviously pro-illegal alien. She's never stated she objects to undocumented workers. That's in contrast to Whitman.

What Doug McIntyre says about all this:

Doug McIntyre: Hypocrisy confuses real issues for state

By Doug McIntyre, Columnist
Posted: 10/02/2010 04:56:32 PM PDT
Updated: 10/02/2010 05:04:19 PM PDT

Our state is circling the drain with double-digit unemployment and a staggering $19 billion deficit but the focus of the governor's race is now on one illegal immigrant housekeeper, or to be more specific, "When did Meg Whitman know her housekeeper was illegal?"

Housekeeper Nicky Diaz's tearful photo-op, orchestrated by political assassin Gloria Allred, plunged the Governor's race from a debate on job creation and governmental reform into the abyss of immigration hypocrisy.

Nobody's hands are clean.

There's not the slightest indication Whitman cared one wit about illegal immigration prior to her run for office. Her "tough" stand is actually malleable, depending on which audience she's speaking to at the moment- tough on KFI, soft in East L.A.

But if Whitman loses to Jerry Brown, the only thing she'll have to show for her $119 million gamble are streak-free windows and dust bunny-free sofas.

For $119 million Whitman could have had Manny Ramirez beat her rugs.

Whitman stated categorically that neither she nor her husband, Dr. Griffith Harsh III, had ever received a letter from the Social Security Administration warning their housekeeper may be in the country illegally. But Allred has a 2003 letter with Dr. Harsh's handwritten notation, "Check on this." And now Whitman's

story is changing. Anybody remember what the meaning of "is, is?"
But California's Democrats are even bigger hypocrites than Whitman.

The Democrats have opposed every single substantive border enforcement proposal ever made, while supporting amnesty and sanctuary policies that actively encourage human smuggling and the importation of massive poverty.

They talk endlessly about work place enforcement and then have a cow on those freakishly rare occasions when ICE actually conducts a workplace raid.

The Federal Government has refused for decades to enforce our nation's immigration laws, but Jerry Brown's camp suddenly expects Meg Whitman to be Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Diaz outed herself as an illegal immigrant with a fraudulent driver's license and stolen Social Security number, but don't hold your breath waiting for the housekeeper to be deported. This isn't about immigration. This is about winning in November.

Yet, so much of what's gone wrong in California is about immigration, which is why a trivial incident like "Housekeeper-Gate" is also vital.

The financial burden of providing social services to millions of the Third World's poorest has contributed mightily to California's catastrophic deficits, our above the national average unemployment, and skyrocketing rates of poverty and illiteracy. We arrived at insolvency one illegal housekeeper at a time.

California can't be saved unless the next Governor cleans up this mess.

Doug McIntyre's column appears in the Los Angeles Daily News on Wednesdays and Sundays. You can reach him at dncolumnist@dailynews.com.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:56 PM

Would anyone be interested in protesting Allred's office this Thursday? Or maybe this Saturday? Give me some response on this. I just don't want to be there all by myself, it's not safe.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderwatch View Post
How about a "Deport Nicky" rally at Gloria;s office?

Allred Maroko & Goldberg
6300 Wilshire Blvd #1500
Los Angeles, CA 90048 Phone Number (323) 653-6530
Fax Number Not Available
e-mail Not Available
Quote:
Ok, so the questions are:

If we do it Saturday the 9th, who can make it?...as opposed to:

Thursday or friday the 7th or 8th on a weekday?

I doubt this is going to blow over by the following week or weekend, but unless it changes the numbers, or the extra time is needed to prepare signage and send out notices, maybe there's no need to wait
Quote:
I need to have a consensus within the next 24 hrs as to whether to do this this Saturday or the next. More time will give me more time to get the word out and the possibility of others being able to make arrangements to attend. But I do believe time is of the essence in this case and the sooner the better. I don't have a problem with a small turn out on this one and could be just as effective if it's still the media flavor of the minute, but how do the rest of you feel. Can any of you make it next Saturday or anytime in the near future?

We could also protest both next Saturday and the following Saturday. What do you think?

Los Angeles Employee Rights Law Firm | Law Firm of Allred, Maroko ...
6300 Wilshire Boulevard - Suite 1500, Los Angeles, CA 90048, 323-302. Allred, Maroko & Goldberg is one of the largest employment law firms in California ... http://www.amglaw.com/http://www.amglaw.com/

6300 Wilshire Blvd is a couple of blocks east of San Vicente according to this Mapquest result http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Lo...e+Blvd+Ste+600

google map http://maps.google.com/maps?q=6300+W...ed=0CBMQ8gEwAA

google street view http://maps.google.com/maps?q=6300+W...d=0CBMQ8gEwAA#

google satellite map http://maps.google.com/maps?q=6300+W...ed=0CBMQ8gEwAA

6300 Wilshire appears to be a high rise, about halfway in between 405 and 101/110 freeways west to east, closer to the 10 freeway to the south. Just east of Beverly Hills, just south of West Hollywood.

Appears to be limited opportunity for public parking, probably extremely congested during the week - particularly during "rush" hours.

Is anyone more familiar with the exact location? My limited familiarity with Wilshire is west of Beverly Hills and downtown LA. Wilshire BLVD around the 405 is a nightmare around 3:30 in the afternoon during the week. More information should be acquired concerning safe public parking and other logistics.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:33 PM

Default Rally

I can make either Saturday. Probably not the weekday.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:06 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Saturday.

In my experience, you won't get many answers/commitments to show up in this fashion. I've seen it happen several times. You ask for a head count. There's a lot of silence, and then a number of folks who didn't chime in show up on the day of the event. For whatever reason, the maj. of people don't usually publicly commit themselves on a thread. You can often get a straight answer, however, if you send them a PM or e-mail (not a mass e-mailing).

Just FYI.

Off the top of my head, I figure Glory and Newt are likely to show if given notice. Also, I'll ask Dennis. He contacted me a couple weeks ago and asked me to keep him abreast of any events.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:39 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Saturday.

In my experience, you won't get many answers/commitments to show up in this fashion. I've seen it happen several times. You ask for a head count. There's a lot of silence, and then a number of folks who didn't chime in show up on the day of the event. For whatever reason, the maj. of people don't usually publicly commit themselves on a thread. You can often get a straight answer, however, if you send them a PM or e-mail (not a mass e-mailing).

Just FYI.

Off the top of my head, I figure Glory and Newt are likely to show if given notice. Also, I'll ask Dennis. He contacted me a couple weeks ago and asked me to keep him abreast of any events.
It's SOS tradition to ask for attendance in the threads. It'd be nice to have respose here, but it's not like making a reservation. We still take first come, first served at the door
Old 10-03-2010, 05:49 PM

Thanks Borderwatch let's plan on this Saturday. I would prefer not too early in the morning, it's a bit of a drive. I would think around 11am would be good for me. What's that sound like to you?
Old 10-03-2010, 08:12 PM

Default Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Thanks Borderwatch let's plan on this Saturday. I would prefer not too early in the morning, it's a bit of a drive. I would think around 11am would be good for me. What's that sound like to you?

Let's Roll!