Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2009, 08:14 AM

Default My wish for black america

MY WISH FOR BLACK AMERICA

Larry Meeks

Quote:
I wish black fathers would assume responsibility for the children they create and stop acting like some flying insect that goes from flower to flower trying to see how many blossoms it can fertilize.

I wish education, not sports, were considered the top priority for schools.

I wish the school systems would demand appropriate behavior and stop making excuses as to why blacks cannot make the grade.

I wish high-achieving black students were not labeled as acting white.

I wish America would stop patronizing non-achieving black Americans and treating them like misbehaving children.

I wish degrading music that sexualizes women, fosters racism and extols violence were eliminated.

I wish blacks would not make race the first consideration when there is a situation.

I wish blacks would realize that institutionalized racism is over and the path for success is open.

I wish minorities would stop stereotyping and saying all whites are alike.

I wish black leaders would stop trying to exploit their followers by trying to make them believe the world is against them and their only path to success is keeping them in power.

I wish blacks would realize they are being politically taken for granted and know that being loyal to one party makes them irrelevant.
A minority's power is being the deciding vote.

I wish black people would realize that no one owes them anything except equal treatment under the law and that the best hand up is at the end of their own arm.

I wish white America would stop feeling guilty for the sins of their forefathers, because that guilt prevents whites from treating blacks as equals.

I wish our new president would use his race to unite the nation and speak out extolling the values that made us a great nation. I pray he will advocate those values, which make us come together, rather than allow the nation to break into separate groups.

I wish everyone, regardless of race, would love one another and work together to make this an even better country.

Finally, I wish God's blessings upon us so we may remain free and continue to have happy years.

http://www.creators.com/advice/ethni...tradition.html

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.