Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-05-2009, 10:15 AM

Default The primary for the California governor's race is this June

The primary elections for the California governor's race is June 8, 2010. Here is a list of candidates so far. Aside from the obvious, can anyone say what each of them have to say about immigration?

http://www.politics1.com/ca.htm

Tom Campbell (R) - Ex-Congressman, Law School Professor, Ex-State Budget Director & '00 US Senate Nominee
Ken Miller (R) - Businessman
William Morrison (R)
Steve Poizner (R) - State Insurance Commissioner, Ex-Technology Executive & Ex-White House Fellow
Meg Whitman (R) - Ex-eBay CEO
Richard Aguirre (D) - Economist
Jerry Brown (D) - Attorney General, Ex-Governor, Ex-Secretary of State, Ex-Oakland Mayor & Ex-State Democratic Chair
John Chiang (D) - State Controller
Dianne Feinstein (D) - US Senator, Ex-San Francisco Mayor & '90 Nominee
Fred Medill (D) - College Student
Joe Symmon (D) - Non-Profit Group Founder & Pastor
Chelene Nightingale (AIP) - Conservative Activist & Entertainer
Lew Tremaine (Green) - Fairfax Town Councilman
Dale Ogden (Libertarian) - Actuarial Consultant & Frequent Candidate
Stewart Alexander (PFP) - Community Activist, Car Salesman & Frequent Candidate
Carlos Alvarez (PFP) - Community Activist & '09 Los Angeles Mayor Candidate
Mohammad Arif (PFP) - Website Publisher & '03 Candidate
Georges Marciano (Independent) - Guess Jeans Co-Founder
Vincent May (Independent) - Businessman, Ex-Police Officer & USMC Veteran
Old 12-05-2009, 01:43 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Thanks for the links. That made for some interesting reading.

I believe I may have found a new candidate. Chelene may have just lost a potential voter. I like what Vincent May listed on his site, and without question, his site intro is the coolest of any candidate's on the web.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:14 PM
SOS Associate

I haven't seen too much history on this candidate May. The page "about May" doesn't have much in the way of bio.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:34 PM

I heard Meg Whitman on one of the talk radio shows and she said she would have voted against Prop. 187 because she's "for the children."

WHOSE CHILDREN MEG? Certainly not American children whose schools and neighborhoods are destroyed when the brown tidal wave sweeps over.

So much for Meg Whitman. Another globalist.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:44 AM

What we have to pick from is really sad. The old hat pin pick is as good as any.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:58 AM

It is important to remember, once again, that this June the election will only be the primary election. That is, it is an election held, by the government, for the benefit of the officially recognized political parties. We don't even really need a primary election. This is something that should be held by the political parties themselves.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:47 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
I heard Meg Whitman on one of the talk radio shows and she said she would have voted against Prop. 187 because she's "for the children."

I, personally, am against the children.

More specifically, the ones born to parents unlawfully in the country, who are mostly unfit to raise kids, regardless of their immigration status, because they have little education and insufficient incomes to care for them without taxpayer assistance.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:48 PM
As seen on TV!

Lew Tremaine (Green) - Fairfax Town Councilman

I was born & raised in Fairfax, and currently the Town is ground-center for Progressives/Liberals, right smack-dab in the center of ultra-Liberal Marin county.
Fairfax has 'Bans" on almost everything,( styrofoam, plastic bags, woodstoves, etc.) and was the first "nuclear-free zone" in the world...They have signs on all roads going in/out of Town proclaiming this.
Chances are if you were to walk into Town, You either have on Your person, or might be wearing something "banned/illegal", if You were'nt from the area, and did'nt know what was "cool", or frowned apon by the Locals.
Lynnette Shaw, also from Faifax, ran for Lt.Governor last election, and if I remeber right about 2% of the vote.
She started, and ran the Marin Medical Cannabis Aliance, and ran a dispensary a few years before Ca.'s Prop 215 (medical cannabis) was even voted into law, pre-1996, how She even got away with it....Who knows?

Here's the Towns festival poster, look at all of the bubbles for little symbols. mlike the Obama wave, the letters "UN".

http://www.fairfaxfestival.com/
So that sorta give You a peek into Lew's politics, as far as a Canidate goes.

As far as Meg goes..will She force Me into getting a PayPal acount to vote for Her??...I never liked Her when she ran eBay, and made it a PayPal/credit card only site for Buyers/Sellers, made the site feel impersonal to Me, now I rarely ever go there, except for price references on items I might have for sale, or buy on OTHER websites that allow checks/Money orders.

But on a positive note...at least Gavin Newsom is'nt running....now that Guy is scary.

CB.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:12 AM

The one I find most qualified is Tom Campbell. He will get my vote in the primary.

I too am against the "children". Whitman's opposition to 187 is enough to eliminate her from consideration unless she is the candidate opposing Jerry Brown.

Community activist and entertainer is not enough to persuade most Californians for a vote.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:18 AM

I am with Kathy. Tom Campbell gets my vote. After that, I will be voting Republican. I cannot give my vote to a candidate that does not have any chance of winning.