Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-10-2011, 08:09 PM
SOS Associate

Default Stop AB 131 Billboard Campaign

Stop AB 131 mobile billboard campaign Day 1

For several days the mobile billboard has sat in storage, even with the lettering done, as I took care of a little income matter. But today, even though it was nearing the end of the day, I finished what work I had and stopped by for a quickie to gather some signatures. I drove downtown and found an opening on the street directly in front of the State capitol, and set up the collecting tools. It was already nearing dark, so I laid out some clipboards and put up the little glass marquis on the bed of the trailer. Then I commenced asking passer's-by if they would sign. Mostly I got a lot of smiles, and a few thumbs down, but eventually I got some signers. A few people told me we need educated workers, but I just moved past them. After 30 minutes or so, one of your La Raza-mataz types wheeled past me on a bicycle giving me a very forceful middle finger when I asked if he wanted to sign. I couldn't help but laugh, 'cause it's always funny to see twenty-somethings flipping the bird at you like they were punk kids. He immediately turned the bike around and and started to confront me about "laughing in his face". He got really challenging, and confrontational, but I kept my cool and tried to usher him away. Eventually he cursed me repeatedly and rode away with the "bird" on high again.
One amazing item is that here I was at the legislative hub of the state, and people coming from inside the capitol didn't seem to know a thing about what the DREAM act was. I spent a bit of time 'splainin' things instead of getting sigs. Also, one fellow told me he was not allowed to sign because he worked for the legislature or the state.. Said he was supposed to remain "non-partisan". Sad to say, this is what works for the state.
Anyway, this was day 1, and I am looking to get 1,000 signatures as a personal goal.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:07 AM

Quote:
He immediately turned the bike around and and started to confront me about "laughing in his face". He got really challenging, and confrontational, but I kept my cool and tried to usher him away. Eventually he cursed me repeatedly and rode away with the "bird" on high again.
They can fly the bird and say what ever they please and think no one can or will challenge them. How ignorant can they be?
Old 11-14-2011, 08:16 PM
SOS Associate

Default SOS Meets Occupy Sacramento

Stop AB131 Mobile Billboard Campaign day 2

So I got off to an earlier start today, hooking up the mobile billboard just before noon, and headed downtown to catch the lunch crowd on the sidewalks. Upon arrival downtown, was fortunate enough to find a cherishable parking spot right near city hall. Unfortunately though, the Occupy Sacramento squatters were still usurping the place. I set up the little marquis, and displayed the petition materials and clipboards.

http://youtu.be/

Within minutes, one occupier began preaching to everyone in a very loud voice to avoid us. He kept this up for hours apparently. Soon, some of the occupiers came over and gave me a little static too. But, I was able to get signatures. Soon it became apparent that most of these occupier people were just your basic leftist twirps. Arguments started, and I did my best to keep on track with collecting signatures.

Some of the occupy people began trying to discourage people who indicated interest in signing or were curious about the initiative. Two of the occupiers made up signs that said "Racist", and some other untrue statements as to our motives. There was a whole lot of hostitlity, name calling, and veiled threats.

Soon, my time had expired, and I loaded up and left. As I pulled away, I could see that they had vandalized the billboard with spray paint.

I was mad, but it was also important that the spray paint be removed as quickly as possible, and unfortunately I did not have the clean up kit with me. I had to drive a few miles into West Sacramento to buy some harsh chemicals to remove the spray paint, and it took me about an hour to get it off. I refueled, and then drove immediately back to the same spot I was before, and parked once again. I jumped out and set up to collect signatures once more, and was nearly immediately met by the hooligans of the Occupy crowd.

They began berating, harrassing, and even threatening me, however I stuck to plan of asserting our independence and freedom. I was spat upon, and threatened by one particularly disgusting little creature, and called in an assault. While the police were on their way, some of these cretinous little worms surrounding me began calling me a snitch,of all things.

I did collect more signatures, and the police were reluctant to arrest any of these little sidewalk urchins. I indicated to the cops that I'd stay until my meter time was up, and that I came back because I didn't want to be driven out by vandalous little punks with big mouths and no real moxy. After the time was up, I left and drove to the state capitol for another hour of signature collecting

I'll tell you this:
I have absolutely no more care what happens to these Occupy people. They have disclosed to me their true colors. They are foolish little tools that cry about the government and wall street, or the big corporations and how bad this country is, but they don't even respect the 1st amendment rights of others. Don't care if the cops beat them, arrest them, or waterboard them at this point. They are of little use to this country, and will likely grow up to be liberal nazis.
They have driven what little concern I had for them right out of my mind, and they are going nowhere with their mindless, disorganized, bullshit movement. Actually, it's a bowel movement at best.

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 11-14-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:42 AM

What has happened to our country is a disgusting shame. I keep wondering what is wrong with some of our people but the answer always escapes me.
I have signed the petition but after reading some comments I decided not to go out alone. It would only take one dazed and ignorant person to cause a problem.

No matter what, you should have at least one person to back you up. You did pretty good on your own however, I remember when I was out, one person was nothing but get three and they think they are the Marines.

Thanks for your day but have a case of spray in the truck.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:16 AM

Default Racism versus Illegal. SHAME ON SAC POLICE

First off SOS I am glad you are okay. But it is interesting how these so called occupy (alot claim to e students) do not understand what the word illegal means. And the fact it does not matter if your green, blue, brown, white or yellow. If you are here illegally without the right documents then you do not belong here, nor have the right to anything the taxpayers pay for. Now that being said if you we're spit on (And it hit you) that is an assault. If they threaten you that is also a felony. The damage to your sign is enough where the police should had taken notice. Any (And I do mean ANY) police officer that responded and failed to do their duty by law should be placed under investigation for failure to protect the public. Especially the spitting part as that very specific. But now that said I have to say your number 1.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:19 AM

When we have gone out to anything like this, spit is almost expected. Frozen water bottles thrown at you. ugly words about your family, you or our troops. If they have a sign somehow it gets real close to your face to leave a mark. It makes you furious, because we have always wanted to do it the right way. Sometimes my mind tells me, "You should have attacked!". They call you a racist, even tho you are walking with your friends who are of a different color.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:22 AM
SOS Associate

Thanks Kjmta,

And welcome to SOS.
I also thought I made a fair call when I asked for police help and to report an assault. Cops don't want to start arresting these little cretins because they believe it will give them encouragement to dig in there. I won't need to go back there right away because it is best to roam the county trying other spots that are lucrative for signatures. However, it is of note that for the amount of time I have spent out there, that area proved to be my most fruitful thus far. In contrast, the state capitol has been the worst thus far.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:54 PM

Default Sorry missed call today

I had already promised to be at the HSR meeting to hit everyone up for Signatures.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:04 PM
SOS Associate

Save Our State, and the mobile billboard to join forces with Sacramento based Minuteman chapter to collect signatures for STOP AB131 during gun show at Placer County fairgrounds in Roseville Saturday, December 17th, 2011

Am interested in other individuals who might spend an hour or more standing by the billboard to ask for signatures
Old 12-18-2011, 10:20 AM
SOS Associate

Default Stop AB131 mobile Billboard action at Roseville Gunshow

So Saturday's event went fairly well. I set up right at the entrance in the parking lot, so people couldn't miss the sign, either coming or going. In addition, our associates had a table near the entrance to the fair, and more had a booth inside. We all got signatures. I took in about 50, and the door booth estimate was 200, and we still don't know how many the inside booth got. suffice to say we had a bit of a gauntlet set up

Wasn't aware of this, but the salvation army had a distribution there at the same time. Tons of people picking up free food and toys. I got signatures from several of them, but as you might have guessed, 60 to 70% were latinos that didn't speak a word of english, and/or had no idea what the DREAM act is. Never saw that many smiling latino faces during an event that was staged in our favor. They had no clue what it was. I will say that as was the usual, so many people picking up food in nice cars. Hope to post some video later: