Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-29-2010, 04:41 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
I understand your view, and I might even agree. However wouldn't ignoring Nightingale be an even greater insult to her, who, we all agree is nothing but an attention whore who will spread for any reporter with a TV camera, microphone or reporter's pad?

I buy a home in a wonderful corner of forested Vermont. Near my home is the bluest most aesthetically pleasing lake I have seen in years. In the winter, the lake freezes over and my wife and I both ice skate on it, while marveling at the surrounding winter beauty. After a couple weeks, my wife falls through a thin spot in the ice we didn't know exists. I immediately race over to where she is to pull her out. As I'm skating over, I fall through the ice as well. We both splash around for what seems like an eternity. Fortunately, we both make it out, but not before acquiring pneumonia from our frigid adventure and low-level frostbite. My wife is so traumatized that we make plans to move away and spend the rest of our lives no further than 100 miles away from the equator, so nothing like this can ever happen again. Fortunately, I land a job in Singapore and immediately put our house in Vermont on the market. My wife, who keeps having "Nam flashbacks" about the lake incident moves immediately to our new destination, to wash the ugly memories away with Southeast Asia moist heat weather. I meanwhile, am packing up the house and doing a little research on the internet. I find that what happened to us has been experienced by many others in one fashion or another. I chalk it up to good fortune that the incident didn't result in anything worse than a hell of a scare, and move on with plans for my new life. As I step outside one day to assist some folks who have purchased a few pieces of furniture that were in our Vermont home living room, I hear their children excitedly talk about their intentions to go ice skating at "the lake" that afternoon. Later in the afternoon, as I am driving by the scene of where I almost drowned, I am incredulous to see no fewer than half a dozen young families and couples laughing and carrying on while appearing to have the time of their lives with their skates, zipping across the same frozen lake terrain I had traveled. No warning sign has been put on any nearby trees. No chain link fence surrounds the property for public safety. No yellow tape with orange cones cordons off the areas where I learned people broke through the ice as my wife and I did.

You know something, in that situation, I feel obligated to pull my car over by the side of the road, walk over to the lake's perimeter, and holler a few warnings to anyone who will listen.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 07-29-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:12 PM

Again, I understand the points both of you are making. I think I have contributed far too much to this thread. Time to move on.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:12 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
I'd still like to hear something about Chelene on the issues. Are you saying that she doesn't really support 1070? All the other bad stuff I am hearing about her here doesn't appear to have anything to do with any kind of public issues.

It sounds like all the obvious limitations of her candidacy, which are her availability to regular folks like us, also are generating a lot of personal contempt. I can sympathize, but I'd still like to know where she is falling down on the issues, if at all.

Where does she stand on Proposition 19?
So how's that going over there Twoller. Did Chelene rush over and give you her definitive position on prop 19? From what I was reading, it looked like you were having trouble just getting someone to say they weren't even an official spokeshole for the campaign
Old 08-06-2010, 07:58 AM

Nothing is happening over there at the forums anyway.

Somewhere before November, the candidates for governor are going to have to say something about Proposition 19. I can wait.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:27 AM

Yesterday, Thursday August fifth 2010, on the very popular Los Angeles California John and Ken radio show a caller mentioned Chelene Nightingale as an alternative to the horrible Meg Whitman.

Meg who had been on the John and Ken show the day before left the listeners and talk show hosts with the well founded opinion that she is nothing more than Schwarzenegger wearing a dress.

After having defeated Steve Poizner and stating that she would be hard as nails on illegal immigration Meg has proceeded to play hide and seek and dodge ball with an increasingly angry American populace that demand straight talk on a variety of issues.

The Democrat and Republican party having disaffected the American people have now opened the gates to a fledgling third, though admittedly weak , party movement.

John of KFI mentioned that he had not heard of Nightingale but that they planned to have the candidates of all the parties on the show.

An acquaintance of mine said that he had heard at least two other callers in previous days mention Chelene to the radio hosts.

A dimension missing with the information given to voters regarding the candidates presented by political parties to the voters is an honest evaluation and analysis of who their candidates are and what they stand for.

Meg Whitman could not have lied her way out of who she is and the Republican party would not have accepted her as a candidate any more than the Democrats could have consciously hawked Obama on us.

One must ponder what an analysis of who Chelene is and what she espouses
along with character traits would yield.

Chelene will have an opportunity to be heard on the John and ken show sometime soon.

It is logical to assume that she will then have broken through the barriers of local anonymity. She will then be invited to speak on other shows.

The outcome will be that Meg the Rhino will buy the election or that Jerry Brown the clown will win.

Chelene having tasted some success will probably run for office again shortly.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:33 PM

What happened to you people?

I'm moving back to Cali, be there Monday the 10th of August, registering to vote immediately.

Chelene will get my vote. Not only that, I will do whatever I can to promote her campaign.

I don't recognize the vast majority of you any more.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:57 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
We wised up Kele.

You are not an outcast here for supporting Chelene. Please don't make those of us who don't outcasts either. that's the beauty of a non profit org. we're here for the cause, not the person. I still think highly of you, and I support your right to choose your own candidates, friends, and associates.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

I'm moving back to Cali, be there Monday the 10th of August, registering to vote immediately.

Chelene will get my vote. Not only that, I will do whatever I can to promote her campaign.

I don't recognize the vast majority of you any more.
Welcome back to California Kele. I hope that you participate here often irregardless of who your preferred candidate is.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
We wised up Kele.

You are not an outcast here for supporting Chelene. Please don't make those of us who don't outcasts either. that's the beauty of a non profit org. we're here for the cause, not the person. I still think highly of you, and I support your right to choose your own candidates, friends, and associates.
I likewise think highly of Kele and like her.I hope that Kele's participation in the Nightingale campaign doesn't keep her from posting here. I know she won't be banned form here for stating her opinions pro or con anything.

Personally I would like to see her posts regarding her involvement in the Nightingale campaign and such.