Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-06-2013, 06:21 AM

Default Here.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/03...al-immigrants/
Old 10-06-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
I can buy that concerning Los Angeles County - even though it's an 8 year old article.

Los Angeles county, before the recession, had 24% of the California welfare burden, which in turn had 33% of the national welfare burden. "CalFresh", formerly known as "food stamps", is going full throttle in LA county.

The place is chock full of Limousine Liberals who live in isolated, separate, well policed communities on the hill - not among what they "champion" - and most LA county politicians have their heads wrapped somewhere between some form of Marxist utopia and the 1960's counter culture movement. Every time some whacked out, caviar eating LA county based celebrity yammers about (fill in the blank about any issue) I want to throw a brick through the TV. I don't see any of those knucklehead bozos emptying their OWN bank accounts to fix whatever social / local / regional / national / international issues they babble so cluelessly loud about.

A couple of years ago County Supervisor Mike Antonovich was freaking out about the insolvency of Los Angeles county, and the Los Angeles City council still believes, as their city is crumbling around them, that there is both a Leprechaun AND a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

So, if the tax revenue base, infrastructure, education, and social order is melting down in Los Angeles county, I can believe at least a couple of Los Angeles County hospitals might be going under as well - if they haven't found a new governmental money tit to suck on in the last 8 years.

Quote:
Sixty percent of the county's uninsured patients are not U.S. citizens. More than half are here illegally. About 2 million undocumented aliens in Los Angeles County alone are crowding emergency rooms because they can't afford to see a doctor.
I believe they generally don't see a doctor until they are desperate or it's something traumatic they know for sure they can't handle themselves or it's way beyond the curandero. I believe Mexican nationals are the most self medicated people on earth because, as a group, they don't trust doctors.

Want to fix what you complain about? Work on changing the composition of Congress in 2014 and the direction of the Presidency in 2016.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 10-06-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:31 PM

In order to keep my insurance when I began to receive Social Security, I had to have Medicare which I have to pay for. They told me I'd be saving money. It doesn't work that way. You pay less at this place but have to pay over at this place. It was a joke and they think I can't add.