Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-06-2010, 04:43 AM

Default Michael Douglas.

Somewhat off the beaten path.

Yesterday I was in the local Stop N Shop Supermarket checking out at the self checkout and I noticed the customary journal rags in the usual racks. One captioned; " Michael Douglas 3 months to live ". You probably know that he was diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer. *( His wife Catherine Zeta Jones was furious at the doctors for finding it so late ).

The photos showed Michael, skinny, emaciated, aged 30 years, drawn and gaunt. It was sickening - AND shocking ! It said he weighs 139 pounds and his weight is plummeting alarming the doctors. Very sad.

Michael seemed to be a good guy who kept his nose clean, worked hard and was successful, like his father Kirk.

I wouldn't wish Michael's condition on my worst enemy. Not even Keith Olberman.

MSNBC suspends Olbermann for network ethics violations
Talk-show host caught skirting policy to make contributions to Democrats

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: November 05, 2010
3:15 pm Eastern

By Drew Zahn
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

MSNBC host Keith Olbermann has been suspended indefinitely and without pay for violating the network's ethics code on political contributions.

An investigation by Politico discovered that Olbermann had financially backed three Democratic candidates, despite a company policy that forbids an anchor from doing so without prior approval of the president of NBC News. The policy specifically states concern that an employee making such contributions may "jeopardize his or her standing as an impartial journalist" and "may create the appearance of a conflict of interest."

Today, MSNBC President Phil Griffin released a statement that Olbermann had been suspended over the violation.

"I became aware of Keith's political contributions late last night," Griffin stated. "Mindful of NBC News policy and standards, I have suspended him indefinitely without pay."

Olbermann made donations of $2,400 each – the legal limit – to three Democrats: U.S. Senate candidate from Kentucky Jack Conway, who eventually lost to Republican Rand Paul; U.S. Rep. Raul Grijalva, D-Ariz.; and U.S. Rep Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz.

Farah's 'Stop the Presses!' Acclaimed blockbuster tells 'inside story of the New Media revolution' – $4.95 today only!

The MSNBC host, in fact, made his donations to the Arizona representatives Oct. 28, the same day that Grijalva appeared as a guest on his "Countdown" show. Olbermann also welcomed Giffords and Conway earlier, in May.

(Column continues below)

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=224525

Last edited by wetibbe; 11-06-2010 at 04:53 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:43 AM

I saw the same pic's you did. Very sad. Like you I reacted sympathetically to Michael Douglas. I knew little about him, but I enjoyed his interpretation of Gordon Gecko in Wall Street and I grew up watching his father Kirk Douglas, whose work I greatly admired. It's sad to think that Kirk will outlive his son. No parent should ever have to bury his child. It should be the other way around.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:17 AM
"SZinWestLA"

You're absolutely right. No one should have to check out in that fashion.

My father loved Wall Street; thought it was a marvelously directed film wherein Douglas stole the show. Me, I always think of The Streets of San Francisco (A Quinn Martin production), that had him running around a much different Bay Area city, with Karl Malden, than the one we all know today.

I suppose I'm really dating myself. That series was very much a part of my childhood.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:56 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
You're absolutely right. No one should have to check out in that fashion..
Maybe that's why we are always pushing the envelope out there on the streets. I've always said I'd rather go out in a blaze of glory than wither away while being strangled to death by our oppressors

I would add that you can't ever trust the photos you see on the covers of those check-out counter tabloids.

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 11-06-2010 at 07:00 AM.