Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-29-2013, 07:47 PM

Default Rush Limbaugh interview with Benedict Rubio

I just read the transcript of the interview between Rush Limbaugh and Benedict Rubio.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...makes_his_case

This is Rubio's stratagy: Obama's amnesty proposal will not include border enforcement or work place enforcement first. Rubio and the gang of eight will have enforcement triggers first ( I'm not sure what comes second, but he is emphasizing triggers that "must" be met.)

According to Rubio, the gang of eights proposal is the middle path, it's the only option for any kind of enforcement. Join his "sensible" middle path amnesty or get Obama's far left amnesty. Those are the only options.

Rubio is also putting an out for himself a sort of "escape hatch", If it doesn't have enough enforcement he says he won't support it.

Rubio also says the proposal hasn't yet been written.

Here is my take on the interview:
Rubio positions is the false choice, Obama's version of amnesty or the Gang of eights's amnesty with a fine.

A sort of "Take it you peasants and you're lucky to get anything at all."
His goal is to herd low information Republican and independent voters, to run to Rubio, because they are frightened of everything Obama, Rubio will give them something, just trust Rubio because he's serious about enforcement. There are going to be triggers or he won't support it.

Rubio is positioning his proposal as the easy path for tired and weary Republicans that are tired of the fight. " Just trust "Tea party Rubio", because he's going to look out for the interests of Americans". That's the mantra. Of course Rubio is relying on his supposed "Tea Party" credentials to get Republican support, Of course the only Republicans that will be able to support it, will be the ones who know absolutely nothing about the proposal or the details, or they just want the cheap labor, to hell with anything else.

My opinion is that Obama's proposal and Rubio's proposal is really one in the same. just two different salesmen.

As for the "out" that he kept talking about, He's already seen the calls, thousands of people calling his office and calling him a "Traitor", He knows if it seems likely it won't pass he's going to bail-out at the last minute so that he can say "I did it to protect the American people," or"The Democrats gutted the enforcement that I called for so I no longer support it". Rubio wants to be President someday, I think he doesn't want to attach himself to an amnesty proposal that failed. Although it will be okay in Rubio's power hungry world to attach himself to an amnesty bill that passed.

Lastly, I would like to touch upon how talk radio, Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, etc. is protecting Rubio.
Notice it's Rubio that is doing the interviews not McCain, or Grahamnesty, or Flake, Rubio is Hispanic with "Tea Party" credibility. Rubio, is the "chosen one" by the Republican elite. They, the Republican elite need to protect Rubio, in the same way that Barak Obama was sheltered. Republican elites need a "good" Hispanic, and they don't want him crushed if it back-fires.

Rubio, is going to take a beating during the amnesty fight, he's taking a beating in his office right now with the calls and letters. My theory is that Rubio has been chosen to be the new face of the Republican party. Fox news, Rush Limbaugh, Talk radio, ETC. are under strict orders to shield and protect Rubio. Rubio has been groomed to be the new face of the Republican party, they want him to sell the amnesty to the Republicans and they don't want him damaged during the fight.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:08 PM

One thing that Rubio said that I found interesting,

"If this country goes downhill, there's nowhere else in the world. I mean there's nothing else, there's no replacement for it."

Those are very true words, and that is exactly why I'm fighting to defeat the Obama/Rubio amnesty. Their amnesty would literally devastate this country.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:33 PM

Here is another critique of the Rubio/limbaugh interview. This writer also points out how talk radio us protecting Rubio, because they think he has what it takes to become the next president.
He also points out that talk radio played an important role in stopping the 2007 amnesty, and he is wondering if Limbaugh and other talk radio programs are going to do the same in 2013 because they want to protect Rubio.

My angle on this of course is Rubio will never make it to the presidency because the Mexicans will never vote for a White Cuban and the people like us will never show up and vote for Rubio now that we know that he is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

http://www.vdare.com/posts/can-rubio-roll-talk-radio
Old 01-30-2013, 03:46 PM

As the amnesty battle unfolds I'm learning new things every day.

Today I'm seeing the tactics used by Senator Rubio, engage the callers, sell the amnesty and above all don't anger the callers because after the amnesty he needs them for his presidential bid.

I'm learning that Rubio is the new "Golden boy" of the Republican party. For the Republican elite he is "too big to fail".

Limbaugh, Levin and a lot of talk radio and now Drudge is shielding and protecting Rubio. For the Republican elite Rubio is too big to fail.

Even if the amnesty goes down as a failure, they will protect Marco Rubio.

That is exactly why I am hitting Rubio the hardest. We've got to damage Rubio. Rubio has to leave this amnesty battle tarnished. Rubio is already toast with us, but it's the low information Republicans that have got to see what we see.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post
As the amnesty battle unfolds I'm learning new things every day.

Today I'm seeing the tactics used by Senator Rubio, engage the callers, sell the amnesty and above all don't anger the callers because after the amnesty he needs them for his presidential bid.

I'm learning that Rubio is the new "Golden boy" of the Republican party. For the Republican elite he is "too big to fail".

Limbaugh, Levin and a lot of talk radio and now Drudge is shielding and protecting Rubio. For the Republican elite Rubio is too big to fail.

Even if the amnesty goes down as a failure, they will protect Marco Rubio.

That is exactly why I am hitting Rubio the hardest. We've got to damage Rubio. Rubio has to leave this amnesty battle tarnished. Rubio is already toast with us, but it's the low information Republicans that have got to see what we see.
That might be good strategy. But...I don't see a republican in the whitehouse in the forseeable future without something quite serious happening to the dems, and a simultaneous production of likeable republican candidates. It is precisely their hand picking and ordaining that many conservatives are beginning to rebel over. Look who they brought forth. Bush, a war-mongering, open borders, amnesty proponent who couldn't say no to big government. McCain..another war mongering, amnesty supporter who personified the character of republicans as angry old white men. Romney....a little better at least, but so few trusted him, and he was a gun siezing, big government enabler, with a history of being a chamelion. Rubio...another war mongering, hispanic panderer that wears his christian religion on his sleeve.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:02 PM

Yep, I agree. Maybe it's a good thing that we don't have a Republican president right now.

I voted for Romney, and was very depressed when Obama was re-elected, but before the election I quietly thought to my self, "would it be easier to defeat an Obama led amnesty or a Republican led amnesty?" I decided that it would be easier for the Republicans to unify in opposition to Obama than Romney.

I knew Romney would pursue an amnesty of his own.

So I thought from our point of view it might be easier to defeat an Obama led amnesty than a Romney led amnesty.

I don't see a Republican in the white house for a long time also, the demographics just aren't there anymore. Immigration has already taken it's toll. Republicans just can't admit it,yet.

Republicans have to stay in opposition as the minority party until they learn. If they ever do. Our country is going to slide into one party rule like California, if mass immigration isn't stopped.

That's what we are doing here, it's a big reason why we're fighting this amnesty.

I know I'm piling on the GOP, but the DNP is just as corrupt, they are just better at thinking long term.

Part of our job in fighting this current amnesty proposal will be to ruin Marco Rubio, especially in the eyes of Republicans.

Rubio is the golden boy, "too big to fail", great-brown-hope of the globalist Republican elite. Rubio's job is to betray the nation and sell the amnesty. Golden boy Rubio is going to have to gain some tarnish and a few permanent "dents" when the amnesty goes down in flames. That's going to make it much harder for them to sell their future wars, and amnesties/ treason.