Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-31-2013, 10:31 PM

Default Patriots need to visit Congressional offices this August.

Dear fellow Patriots,
August is a crucial time in our efforts to fight the nation crushing amnesty that is being pushed by the political elite in Washington.
As you might already know, the Senate passed a massive amnesty in late June. Americans were betrayed terribly, and those same forces are gathering to force the passage of the amnesty in the House of Representatives.
It is becoming increasingly evident that the Speaker of the House John Boehner is collaborating with Erik Cantor, Paul Ryan and others to pass some sort of amnesty and immigration surge against the will of the American people. We as patriots have to do our part to stop them.
August recess is the traditional time that Congressmen return to their districts and meet with constituents and hold town hall meetings.

It is imperative that we make a strong effort to personally visit the local offices of our Congressmen and deliver letters, demanding that they oppose any type of amnesty for illegal aliens and also oppose any immigration legislation at all; because of the clear threat that American interests will be betrayed and amnesty will be passed in a conference committee should any immigration legislation pass the House.

Even if your Congress person has been reliable in fighting amnesty in the past, do not rest secure that your congressmen will oppose amnesty this time around. Many including my own Congressmen are showing strong signs that they are getting “wobbly” on amnesty. Now is the time that we need to personally visit their local offices, and let them know our opinions on the subject.

If you live in the Congressional district of Congressmen Buck McKeon, (Santa Clarita and Palmdale), and would like to join me in making a group visit to Congressmen McKeon’s office please contact me personally at propitup1@yahoo.com or post your interest in joining a group visit on the SOS. Website; General discussion.

Thank you for your efforts.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:14 AM

An added suggestion:

Those legislators need to understand that we know all that talk about "border security" is meaningless without a commitment to prosecute and incarcerate employers of illegal aliens.

Otherwise the continuing violations of our national sovereignty will never end.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:19 AM

I went in to McKeons office a few weeks ago, and they started to give me that same old tired line about "border security", and I couldn't help but say every politician from Obama, to Schumer says they believe in strong border security, then they obstruct and vote down any efforts and legislation to actually enforce our borders.

Granted when I came they didn't exactly know what side I was on, but when I identified myself as a Republican wanting to talk about the Congressman's position on illegal immigration they shouldn't be so clueless.

I'm finished toying around with McKeon, Despite having a good record on immigration policies, I now think he is getting wobbly on the issue.

My contact at FAIR is suggesting that I go in again unannounced and tell them I'm going to stay in their office until I get my questions answered. I should also bring a sack lunch. In other words, if they are going to dodge giving me real answers on McKeons positions I'm going to make myself a royal pain in the ass.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:59 AM

There are some sayings which leave no doubt as to the meaning, such as

"He'd rather hear a fat boy fart than a pretty girl sing"

"That woman is meaner than cat shit"

or, "That statement has all the sincerity of a politician's thank you letter".

My Congressman is Raul Ruiz. He says he is an emergency room physician, from his gleaming website picture he appears to be a relatively young man. He's also a Democrat and I have little doubt that he's been indoctrinated into brown ethnic nationalism.

I finally told him the full extent of what I expected from him (without mincing any words) concerning illegal immigration and send me an answer which directly addressed my stated concerns rather than that same say nothing, meaningless "thank you letter" he's already sent me several times in response.

In all the times I've contacted him since, there has been no reply. I suspect his staff deletes my email on arrival without reading the content.

Whether or not I can get through to him, I believe over the phone I gave one of his aides a genuine pause for thought that all those sewage flooded, electrical shock hazard, dilapidated, submarine depth substandard trailer parks where illegal farm workers live in his district are directly caused by something that bedeviled Cesar Chavez his whole labor activist life - a large labor pool illegally arrived from Mexico which agribusiness invariably hired to break his strikes for better pay and working conditions. And, that Chavez indeed reluctantly called the Border Patrol on illegal strike breakers, but the Border patrol did nothing more than laugh at and mock him.

The kid did seem genuinely affected by what I said, but it may have been an act. It is a fact that farm employers beat down wages by the desperation of a large labor pool who will individually work for cheaper than the next, and the open borders, "make 'em all citizens" crowd are directly responsible for all that poverty.

Quote:
July 10, 2013
Press Release

WASHINGTON, DC – Today Dr. Raul Ruiz (D-Palm Desert) released the following statement after meeting with President Obama and fellow members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus at the White House to discuss immigration reform:

“Passing comprehensive immigration reform now is critical for the 36th District and our nation. In our meeting with President Obama today, we discussed how we can build on the bipartisan work of the Senate and pass comprehensive immigration reform legislation in the House that includes an earned path to citizenship, secures our borders, promotes fairness, protects our workers and businesses, and helps strengthen our economy, especially our local agriculture and tourism economies in the 36th District. It’s time for Congress to put partisanship aside and work together toward solutions to reform our broken immigration system and pass a meaningful comprehensive immigration bill now.”
Quote:
U.S. Representative Raul Ruiz, M.D., grew up in the community of Coachella, California, where both of his parents were farmworkers.

http://ruiz.house.gov/about/full-biography
Quote:
Raul Ruiz appears to have had a problem with Thanksgiving in America, having climbed atop Plymouth Rock and, according to the Harvard Crimson in 1998, having exclaimed that “(Thanksgiving) is the glorification of an incident in history which has a direct link to the… poverty and oppression which we experience today.” http://www.voxxi.com/raul-ruiz-democrat-36-district/
Quote:
In 1997, while attending Harvard as a medical student, Ruiz participated in an annual Thanksgiving protest in Plymouth, Massachusetts. Ruiz was arrested after police attempted to disperse the protest, though he has claimed he was only arrested for defending an elderly Native American man from police.[11] Ruiz pleaded not guilty to charges of disorderly conduct and tumultuous behavior, which were eventually dropped.[12]

Two years later, in 1999, Ruiz took part in another Thanksgiving protest at which he read a letter of support for Leonard Peltier, who was convicted and sentenced to two consecutive terms of life imprisonment for first degree murder in the shooting of two Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) special agents during a 1975 conflict on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. The incident was used by Mary Bono Mack, Ruiz's 2012 congressional opponent, in her campaign against him. The Ruiz campaign denied that Ruiz supports Peltier.[12] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raul_Ruiz_%28politician%29
His main office is in Palm Springs. Briefly searching I find no mention of a woman in his life or of any children.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-02-2013 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:47 AM

Yuck! what a truly horrible person your Congressmen is.

You must have a stomach of Iron to spend one minutes dealing with him.

If the amnesty passes the House, your Congressmen is the prime example of the future political leadership of our country. It's unbelievable that so many Americans are so asleep about this!

Just reading the quote from Raul Ruiz make me want to reach for the Pepto Bismol, and I'm not joking.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post
Yuck! what a truly horrible person your Congressmen is.

You must have a stomach of Iron to spend one minutes dealing with him.

If the amnesty passes the House, your Congressmen is the prime example of the future political leadership of our country. It's unbelievable that so many Americans are so asleep about this!

Just reading the quote from Raul Ruiz make me want to reach for the Pepto Bismol, and I'm not joking.
I don't know Ruiz personally. As individual to individual, he might not be a bad person. He is a product of his background and experiences.

There are people who judge me as a racist based on my convictions concerning illegal immigration without any knowledge of whom I associate with and my further convictions.

Raul's parents were immigrant Mexican farm workers, My Elena's father was an immigrant employed in one of the first industries to exploit immigrant Mexicans, her mother was also born in Mexico. Elena herself worked in the fields during the summer to earn money for school clothes, an adolescent and teenage girl might want something more than clothes stitched together from La Pina flour sacks and mom took a big cut of the cash. They were dirt poor.

I don't know the circumstances of the childhoods of either Ruiz or his parents, but Elena spent a significant portion of her childhood living in a dirt floor house with a wood stove and an outhouse right here in America. Water had to be carried into the house, the bucket that served as a night time chamber pot was carried out in the morning.

Ruiz was born in the Coachella valley in 1971, Elena became an adult in the barrio before the 1964 civil rights act. Ruiz might talk about white racism like it is still 1956, Elena remembers that year as a brown person with a Spanish last name living not all that far from the Coachella Valley.

When Elena went to school, the white kids often made fun of the fact that she had a quesadilla or rolled taco for lunch rather than a sandwich. Tacos and quesadillas are everywhere now.

Ruiz can babble all he wants about Thanksgiving as a day of minority repression, Elena's family ate turkey with the fixin's on Thanksgiving. It was the only day of the year they didn't have beans and tortillas with every meal, and they usually ate meat only once a month, couldn't afford much of it. The white butcher they patronized often gave them more meat than he charged them for. She jokes that she is a frijolera.

There were tamales and beans for Christmas, a ham at Easter.

A lot of kids are indoctrinated into brown ethnic nationalism in college, maybe Ruiz is one of those who believe that the Mexican American war garnered the US the best part of Mexico - the part that was paved and had all the modern conveniences.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-01-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:14 PM

It's funny that you mention, poverty as it applies to agriculture and agricultural labor.

I was talking to an elderly Armenian gentlemen at my church, He moved from NYC to Visalia, CA in the late 1940's or the early 1950's, with his parents. His relatives owned some type of farm in Visalia. He described being poor in NYC, but from his point of view people were poorer in Visalia. He described his relatives as not all having proper shoes to wear, and worn out clothes, and rarely having meat on the table. They were not migrant workers, they were land owners, yet from his point of view, they lived an extremely meager existence.
It's funny that the Armenian's from that era don't chalk their economic plight down to "racism", the way that Raul Ruiz does, in fact they do quite the opposite. If your ever read William Saroyan essays, he treats the whole central valley agricultural experience as quite playful and fun. I also don't think the Armenians from the Central valley would ever once have thought of requiring Armenian language in the schools, or voting booths or in public at all. They all learned English, and became Americans, end of story.

It's only the Mexicans that want to play the Brown race card.

And of course the large corporate owned farms that want the endless supply of cheap labor.

I also got the impression that in the early 1950's American farmers in California did their own work, and a plenty full supply of Mexican labor wasn't allowed.

Last edited by Greg in LA; 08-01-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Patriots need to visit Congressional offices this August.

August is a crucial time in our efforts to fight the nation crushing amnesty that is being pushed by the political elite in Washington...
The above is the topic of this thread, the quote is from the first post. Please read the first post.

Below is a continuation of the side discussion.

Quote:
I also got the impression that in the early 1950's American farmers in California did their own work, and a plenty full supply of Mexican labor wasn't allowed.
I believe that WWII was largely the advent of overwhelming Mexican farm labor in California. The boys went to war, Mexicans filled in and when the veterans came back, with the exception of a few like Ira Hayes, they had other things to do than weed fields with short handled hoes. There may have been some small family farms hanging on by the skins of their teeth, but I believe the trend was towards accumulative agribusiness - stock holders and corporate officers don't pick strawberries.

(An interesting character named Antonio Franco in Banning Ca. was still farming on a micro scale and selling vegetables at his stand until he died a few years ago, he was over 90 years old)

Most immigrants to the United States over the centuries have come because it was better than staying where they were. I believe the Armenians came after the Ottoman genocide. The 1910 Mexican Revolution created the first large scale Mexican exodus to the U.S., the Cristero war of the late 1920's likewise drove hundreds of thousands of Mexicans across the border, which created the first significantly large Mexican population in California (The Californios originated as a 1769 military expedition ordered by the King of Spain to colonize unexplored territory in order to counter Russian expansionism - they were a different people and a different discussion). The 1982 devaluation of the peso created a human tsunami from Mexico, the 1986 amnesty farce made it worse. The Mexican cartel killing fields are a current pressure.

Elena's father came as an orphan teenager from the Bajio (by the legal standards of his time), I'm not sure if he was a refugee. In any case he never had any desire to return to Mexico. If Ruiz's parents had complained about their life in the U.S. to Elena's father, he would have softly asked them why they didn't simply return to Mexico. Which would have shut them up because they would have to admit that Mother Mexico failed them and threw them out of the house. However, from across the border Mother Mexico scolds her children for neglecting her in their exile, and a loyal child never badmouths his mother.

Ruiz himself is another story. He probably never could have achieved what he has professionally and as an "activist" if he were not Americanized. Mexicanidad scorns Chicano bullshit, very few - if any - Mexican nationals would be inclined to feather up in purported Aztec costume to denounce Plymouth Rock in person. If Ruiz were entirely and typically lower class Mexican in his outlook (as most failed by Mexico are), he'd either be working a menial job or trying to make a fast, easy buck rather than becoming a physician and politician. In short, Ruiz is what is called a "University Mexican", an American pretender to "Mexican-ness".

Therefore, it is he and those of his mindset in partnership with exploitative employers who keep people like his parents in poverty. Being open borders he and his buddies create the Durovilles with an oversize foreign labor pool (drives down wages to rock bottom), then make themselves heroes by funding subsidized housing for farm workers, welfare subsidization (the kids may be the purported reason, but the money goes to the parents), other subsidization like utility discounts and free school meals while blaming victimization on the white boogeyman - and propagating the myth that nothing was ever accomplished in the U.S. without a Mexican doing the work.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-02-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:03 AM

It is not my intent to hijack the thread, but there is a little more I need to say about, to, and in general concerning my Congressman Ruiz, his "activist" buddies and their collective agenda.

However, please read the first post in this thread....

Quote:
Patriots need to visit Congressional offices this August.

August is a crucial time in our efforts to fight the nation crushing amnesty that is being pushed by the political elite in Washington...

The above is the topic of this thread, the quote is from the first post. Please read the first post.

In idle conversation with Elena concerning my trip yesterday to a Congressman's office, I identified Dr. Raul Ruiz as our Congressman. Responding to some questions, I mentioned that he was the child of Mexican farm workers in the Coachella Valley. She said "Then he knows what it's like to share a bowl of beans, and they tasted GOOD". I quoted Cervantes saying "Hunger is the best sauce", and she agreed, that hunger can make anything taste good.

As stated before, Elena herself spent some of her childhood in a dirt floor house with outdoor plumbing, but as the former co-owner of a business she also has lived in an inconveniently large house on the hill with a stunningly magnificent view (her life is somewhere in the middle now).

So, on to that "honest conversation about race" that dishonest, one way, tirade prone, race obsessed "activists" would like bludgeon whites with (as in "shut up while I incessantly bitch you out")...

Asshole that Columbus was, not a one of us would exist without the accident of his landing on a Caribbean island in 1492, other sperm would have found other eggs in that random crap shoot of timing called procreation because the movement and timing of peoples in the New World as well as from and to the Old World would have been different. Likewise, if not for the Pilgrims, Ruiz's parents wouldn't have had any reason to come here for that "better life" of being stubbornly and resentfully "Mexican" in a more prosperous America (there would have been no Mexico as it is now to be pushed out of and there would be a different batch of mestizos and maybe a far different mixed culture) and Ruiz would have no pretext to take out his race obsessed, feathered costume frustrations on Plymouth Rock. Besides, the injustice and inequity in Mexico since the beginning of the largely disconnected revolutionary wars between 1810 and 1821 make just about any period of American history since independence look saintly in comparison... even the numerous Mexican presidencies resemble the various godfathers of La Cosa Nostra concerning REAL governmental practice of dictatorship hiding behind a constitution and false claims of democracy, a dictatorship achieved through intimidation, murder, and stuffed ballot boxes presented during serial charades of valid voting... Tammany Hall could have learned some lessons from that example of governance and slavery continued to exist in the forms of the Hacienda and Indian "domestic servants" in Mexico until the 1920's.

So, let's leave out Columbus, the Pilgrims, and all that real, exaggerated, or made up stuff that no one alive today had anything to do with. Such as Jim Crow laws, a creation of the Democrat party of yesteryear (research your own party, Mr. Ruiz), slavery or the fact that far more whites were lynched (by other whites) in any decade in Texas than those described as "Mexican".

So, in the interest of what is honest and dishonest concerning that discussion of race we are supposed to not want to have I will again reference my favorite brown racist, UCR ethnic studies professor Dr. Armando Navarro...

As my best recollection, Sharon Obsatz of the Press Enterprise interviewed Navarro in the fall of 2006 where he claimed that his Mexican immigrant father (who was in chronic pain after a lifetime of labor - and increasingly so am white I) was the victim of white racism while the father and son team were picking Lemons in 1960. Navarro says that is what propelled him into "Latino advocacy".

However, if the story is read critically, the white owner might have said to his foreman "hurry those guys up", but the Mexican foreman was the one who inflicted intolerable abuse on Navarro's father. I have asked around to various (brown and from the same background as Navarro) people that since (I believe claimed in the same article) Navarro was a Golden Glove Boxer in high school why he didn't clean the foreman's clock for disrespecting his father - a perfectly acceptable solution of the time. The answer is invariably that the foreman probably had a knife.

So, Navarro took the incident of an asshole Mexican foreman abusing his aging father and turned it into white racism therefore justifying his own continuing brown racism. And, ungrateful bigot that he is, he owes his education to whites Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon plus, most likely, he went to school on the white man's money in order to make a living peddling brown racism to college kids. Ruiz most likely has a similar experience 30 years later without becoming an "educator", and furthermore no one can screw over a Mexican like another Mexican - which is certainly not limited to workplace issues.

In the meantime, people like Ruiz and Navarro are responsible for sewage splashed Durovilles that Mexican farm workers in the Coachella valley live in because of the open borders policies they push which abets agribusiness push for rock bottom wages via a flooded labor market - then cynically make themselves out to be heroes with such things as subsidized housing which, once again, would largely be on the white man's tax dime.

I will suggest that if Congressman Ruiz wants to make race a preoccupation, perhaps he would do something which would contribute to cleaning up that nest of brown gang bangers and welfare fraud artists in the town of Coachella - they make his race look bad not far from the place of his birth and they are right in the middle of his own 36th District.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-08-2013 at 08:32 AM.