Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-26-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
This is great, I love it.

Which news media interviewed you?

There was an editorial in the Daily News today which I saw as an open letter to Keller to either apologize or step down. I wonder how they, if they were there, are going to cover the crowd response with that editorial hanging over them?
Basically what I saw on Ch 7 @ 11pm was just sound bites. They made it look like there were equal on both sides, showing two opposed and two pro. Very dishonest. I don't know who I spoke with, I don't really care to talk to the press. But since I was the only one there on our side when I got there, I only said a few words. The press isn't going to be honest, let's face it.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:57 AM

I want to know where Mr Shadows was. Don't tell me he was snowed in! Great job all. Thanks.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:42 AM

Great reports. Thanks to all who attended.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:13 AM
Love One Another.

Thanks so much to all who were able to attend! It sounds like it was a wonderful turnout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Tonight was great! It was standing room only in the Santa Clarita City Council chambers. People packed in to voice support of the embattled councilman, and to decry the ills of illegal immigration.

Jean is right. The alleged "racist" enjoyed the support of at least 85% of the crowd - a whole lotta long-time Santa Clarita residents and anti-illegal immigration types.

As corny as this may sound, I felt very proud to be a member of Save Our State tonight. I was expecting two or three other SOS types to show up. Jean, maybe Glory, etc. Instead, loads of people who attended the Santa Clarita function we had about 10 days ago were in attendance. It's as if we shared a common sense of outrage at the fact that this gentleman was enduring the slings and arrows of outrageous accusations for giving a heartfelt speech that gave voice to the frustration so many Californians feel about having to marinate in illegal immigrants and their offspring.

We really did the right thing. We swarmed around this guy and gave him all the support and praise we could muster. I get the impression the other council members were a bit taken aback by our passion and numbers.

Tonight was a good night to count yourself as an SOS member. We did the right thing (in the midst of crappy rainy weather, too!)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A link where video can be found (I'll have more up tomorrow):

http://members4.boardhost.com/Derail...264578970.html
Old 01-27-2010, 09:54 AM

Councilman, Bob Kellar, is an American Hero. His fellow councilman members are traitors and cowards.

I attended the Santa Clarita City Council Meeting last night. Not one council member spoke out or in the defense of Bob Kellar until after the public comments. The Council Members were taking consensus on public opinion. At least 85% of the public stood up for Bob Kellar, and stated how proud they were of him and how for the last 50 years he has been a public servant, and served this country unselfishly. Sitting there listening to the public comments on what a great man Bob Kellar is just brought tears to my eyes. Another 10% filled out and handed in comment cards in support of Bob Keller.

Bob Kellar is a great man and has done many great things for this country, however, until Saturday, January 16, 2010, I had never heard of him, until his words were taken out of context. All the good that he has done his career, his life, could have been destroyed, by groups that are out to destroy America. These hate groups are nothing new to me, however, when your own council members, stab you in the back, do not stick up for you, or come to your defense, until after the smoke has cleared, they show their true colors, they are just like the hate mongers. These council members are not for the people they are politicians only in it from themselves. Having council members like them are truly pitiful and disgusting.

Mayor Laurene Weste, Mayor Pro-Tem Marsha Mclean, Council members Laurie Ender and Frank Ferry, I am a shamed of you.

“To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men” Abraham Lincoln.

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.”
Edmund Burke.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:13 AM

Default SOS Santa Clarita Council Video : Linda Paine

Like many of you I attended last night's Santa Clarita Council meeting in support of Councilman Bob Kellar.

I have just uploaded Linda Paine's speech which was superb.
The link for that video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4DEEXKt2DY

You are all to be commended for having attended our first rally of 2010 in SC and also for having attended the meeting last night.

We have shaken the foundations of Santa Clarita. Let us continue.
Jean and I will be having another rally in SC on Saturday February 27TH.

It should be a great rally! We hope you folks will attend. We can expect
sizable opposition for our future rally.

Papoose must be commended for her work and video which has been the in the eye of the storm. Never underestimate a patriotic American woman with a video camera!
Old 01-27-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Glory View Post
E-mailed from Robin. Letter to the Editor.

I read the article on the Internet "Santa Clarita councilman says he is a `proud racist'".

I attended the Santa Clarita rally.

In my opinion, the statement made by Councilman Kellar has been taken completely out of context. Of note, the video on the Daily News website reveals that the speaker who followed the councilman, Jamiel Shaw, lost his precious son to a murderer - an illegal alien gang member, the tragic end result of lawlessness. A father's endless sorrow.

I would like to also point out that the narrator in the video, Frank Jorge, is a legal immigrant from Cuba. The video clip features Councilman Kellar an Anglo American, Frank Jorge a Latino American and Jamiel Shaw, an African American. In addition, Raymond Herrera founder of We The People, quoted in this article is a Latino American.

These days, those who support breaking immigration laws, lob the word "racist" like a bomb, in order to detract from the fact: those in the U.S. illegally are breaking the law.

Racist. It is used like a weapon by those who want to avoid the issue, which is lawbreaking. But the word racist is being used inaccurately and, I think, because it is being overused so incorrectly one day soon, the word racist, used as a weapon, will be obsolete.

Why is America great? Because we are a nation of laws.

In my opinion, that was what Councilman Kellar communicated - if the word racist means law abiding American, then he is a "proud racist" - a proud American upholding U.S. laws.

A pious Fernando Guerra, director of the Center for the Study of Los Angeles at Loyola Marymount University, wades into the topic to take pot shots at the councilman.

Who is Fernando Guerra? Guerra http://www.lmu.edu/Page40016.aspx is a member of many Latino only groups just a few of them are: 1. National Association for Chicano Studies 2. Latino community in the State’s Growth Management Consensus Project 3. He worked on a book on the political empowerment of Latinos in California. And Guerra is quoted in articles proclaiming the "browning" of society and has been purported to have made the comment, "We need to avoid a white backlash by using codes understood by Latinos."

Kellar talked about upholding U.S. law, being proud of America, while Guerra, via his career, boldly promotes one race. Who is the racist?

Mr. Herrera's comments in the article that Mexicans should stand up in Mexico is the solution.

Countries around the globe and south of our border - Mexico for example - abuse and neglect their citizens. When those citizens enter the U.S. and reside illegally, those who support illegal immigration are enabling corrupt governments, such as the Mexican government, to continue the abuse of its citizens.

The real culprits in the debate are governments of countries such as Mexico. But when do the enablers who promote immigration lawbreaking go after Mexico? Never. They make American citizens their scapegoat - paint them as bad people, demonizing them for advocating that U.S. laws be upheld, respected and enforced.

In regard to the word racist, I believe Councilman Kellar is ahead of the curve, exposing the abusive usage of this word. He has the courage - to stand up for the law!

I look forward to the day, I predict in the near future, when the incorrect use of the word racist against law abiding Americans will be rendered impotent, and go the way of the dinosaur and the dodo into extinction....

Robin Hvidston
This is a good write-up, worth a second read. Robin nailed a few points here.

Last edited by MowMyOwn; 01-27-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
One press woman asked my name and I told her I was Jeanfromfillmore. She said what's your last name, and I responded, I'm Jeanfromfillmore. She said I need a last name, and I said you're not getting one. She responded, "But I have such great points and quotes from you, if I don't have your last name, I can't use them. I told her, "Then don't use them".
Good for you!

That's BS that they need your full name to quote you.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
Like many of you I attended last night's Santa Clarita Council meeting in support of Councilman Bob Kellar.

I have just uploaded Linda Paine's speech which was superb.
The link for that video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4DEEXKt2DY

You are all to be commended for having attended our first rally of 2010 in SC and also for having attended the meeting last night.

We have shaken the foundations of Santa Clarita. Let us continue.
Jean and I will be having another rally in SC on Saturday February 27TH.

It should be a great rally! We hope you folks will attend. We can expect
sizable opposition for our future rally.

Papoose must be commended for her work and video which has been the in the eye of the storm. Never underestimate a patriotic American woman with a video camera!
Wow, we're putting out some great video stuff. That was so well put together.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:58 PM

The story was on 11 at ten last evening, too. I sent them an email of support for the councilman. I stressed the point that racist has twisted into a term used by mexicans to criticize those who want the laws obeyed and invited their staff to peruse the LaRaza website....maybe open their eyes to real racism.

Thanks for going, all of you.