Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > California Schools

California Schools Topics And Information Relating To California Schools

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-02-2011, 08:39 AM

Default Gay studies for children

As if our children weren't being educated as it is, the far left social engineering unit just won't quit:

Quote:
California lawmakers fight over bill to teach students about gay people's contributions

A measure proposed by state Sen. Mark D. Leno of San Francisco would require new social science textbooks to include 'a study of the role and contributions of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Americans.

More: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,1951209.story'

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:57 AM
SOS Associate

This could be an interesting one, because I think it will pit the aspiring latino electorate against their own representational group in the house. Latinos are not notoriously tolerant of gays, but their representational group will most likely side with the diversity cabal, lest they lose funding and support.

Could this end up being one of those divisive issues that shows the latinos as a whole just how they will be treated by the supposed democracy they have been led to believe they can influence by sheer numerical advantage?
Old 04-02-2011, 11:54 AM

"transgender contributions"? Transgender "surgery" hasn't been around long enough to record any historical contributions. I wonder who they had in mind to show up in these textbooks to offer up transgender "contributions".
Old 04-02-2011, 02:47 PM

I can only say it is good that I do not have school age children.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:49 PM

Second thought, why do parents sit by and not raise hell? They deserve what they get.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:30 AM

What's gone wrong with group identity history, is that once they get in the contributions of blacks, latinos, gays and women, there is no course time left for teaching what the real historical figures did.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
What's gone wrong with group identity history, is that once they get in the contributions of blacks, latinos, gays and women, there is no course time left for teaching what the real historical figures did.
I agree with you Kathy. It's so important to examine what is NOT being taught in our schools, they aren't even trying to teach some core subjects that were taught in the past.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I agree with you Kathy. It's so important to examine what is NOT being taught in our schools, they aren't even trying to teach some core subjects that were taught in the past.
Like what? I can think of one thing they used to teach that they don't teach any more, citizenship.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Like what? I can think of one thing they used to teach that they don't teach any more, citizenship.
In some schools they aren't even teaching cursive to grade school children anymore, because school in Mexico don't often teach it, so it becomes a burden to teach it to older students who arrived from there. If not all the students know it, they can't teach using it.
Many parts of History are now eliminated and social studies is rare.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:07 PM

Just about everything Twoller. I have teenagers, and the crap they tell me makes me angry. I do look into many things and try to set things straight, but it's over whelming sometimes. It's not until one of the girls has a situation come up that they believe what I've been saying. Many of their friends say, my mom and dad think just like your mom! We are not alone, and we pick our battles.
At church our Pastor said that our DNA tells whether we are male or female and nothing can change that. What a concept and I needed to hear it. How simple it is!