Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2011, 04:24 AM

Default William & Kate, the royal wedding.

I watched all of it and found it absolutely delightful. Thoroughly enjoyable.

I'm a history buff, archaeology aficionado, reading prolifically about the ascent of homo sapiens, our ancestry, beginning back at the debut of "modern man", the evolution, development, culture, historical events, religious history, ancient and modern. No-one can take away from the British their contributions to civilization dating from the Roman Empire. The wars, the architects, the royalty, the navigation, engineering, civilization, colonialism. Creation of the King James version of the bible.

Westminster Abbey was breathtaking, superlative. beautiful. The wardrobes, costumes, dress, medals, ribbons, pastors, carriages, horses, foot soldiers, guards, the whole entourage was certainly the pinnacle of a very well developed culture *( Good and bad ).

I always liked the British and have a very healthy respect for them even though my ancestry is Bentheimer *( Prussian/German ) - and Dutch. They are our best and most trusted allies.

*( Dave Briggs, Fox News, said this AM that; "his little 5 year old daughter was crying because she wanted to be the Princess but couldn't" !!!! )

When I see what is coming across our border and where it is coming from, and what it is doing to our country, I get sick. All men are created equal ??? I don't think so. I suppose that was intended to apply to equal treatment in a democracy but not, in my way of thinking, to my opinions and attitude as regards social and cultural acceptance.

Personally I don't see any reason to vilify and castigate someone who has distaste for a certain class, or group, of humans. Racism, absent overt acts of violence, shouldn't be considered as a crime against humanity. Disliking, or rejecting, some group, gang, race, or individual, due to personal preferences should be understood and tolerated. It's perfectly natural and normal to humans.

Last edited by wetibbe; 04-30-2011 at 05:11 AM.