Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Save Our State Official Section > SOS Management and Operation Discussion

SOS Management and Operation Discussion Questions and answers about the management and operation of Save Our State.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-03-2012, 09:11 PM
SOS Associate

Default Old SOS Forum Posts Will Be Available Soon

For those who remember, during my time at the SOS.org as administrator, I backed up the old forum database to protect the data from loss. After the whole Chelene Nightingale dispute and the resulting closing of the old forum, I wanted everyone to have access to our old stuff, as both historical record, and to use as reference and idea stimulus. Up until now, I was having problems trying to make it all work, mainly because I did not think I had all the relevent data. But I've worked on the problem and a solution is at hand. It may happen this month, and it may take until february, but we will have our old stuff up again for all to see. Although it probably won't be perfect, I am confident that we'll have 90% of our old forum accessible, and will encompass from 2005 to 2009.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:15 AM

Fantastic. It's always fun to see those old posts. Did I really say that? Yeah I guess I did, and I'm proud of it.

There are a lot of old BBS sites like this I've posted at for a long time now and a lot of them have gone away along with those posts. They say the internet never forgets. Well, if the internet remembers all those old posts, I'm not seeing them any more.

It remains to be seen if my old posts survive in this new installation.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:21 PM

That would be great Ayatollah! I wonder if my old posts under OldRebel will still be there. lol The videos from the old SOS are still being shared on the internet today. Classic!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:51 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCitizen View Post
That would be great Ayatollah! I wonder if my old posts under OldRebel will still be there. lol The videos from the old SOS are still being shared on the internet today. Classic!
Of course your stuff is still there. Everyone's is.

I still have harsh criticism of the crumbs who plotted to deprive everyone of their history, when it would have been so easy for them to preserve it.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:59 AM

So how is progress on this, when can we expect to see the old posts?
Old 01-14-2012, 08:33 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
So how is progress on this, when can we expect to see the old posts?
I'm still working on it. There's still little bugs cropping up, but it's coming along ok. I'm hoping to see it by the end of this month
Old 01-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
I'm still working on it. There's still little bugs cropping up, but it's coming along ok. I'm hoping to see it by the end of this month
Sometime I hope you tell us just how you did this. I wouldn't have even thought it possible. You must be even a bigger computer wizard than I thought.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 01-16-2012, 01:03 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
Sometime I hope you tell us just how you did this. I wouldn't have even thought it possible. You must be even a bigger computer wizard than I thought.
I surprise myself a bit too. But basically it's just all trial and error after reading the manual, and exchanging info with code writers on their forums
Old 01-16-2012, 11:25 PM

That's fantastic! There's so much useful information in those old posts. Way to go AG!