Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-26-2014, 07:23 AM
SOS Associate

Default State Senator Leland Yee Arrested By Feds For Bribery

Quote:
State Sen. Leland Yee has been arrested by FBI agents on bribery and corruption charges, NBC Bay Area is reporting.
http://www.kcra.com/news/fbi-conduct...+Local+News%29

There's nothing on the FBI website yet, but we'll keep watching. Also don't know if he was taken into custody in Sac or the bay area, yet, but we'll watch that one too.
Senator Yee was the main proponent and architect of one of the worst gun restriction bills to hit the state floor in several years.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:57 AM

Good news! Good to hear from you Ayatollah.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:06 AM

Thanks for alerting us to this story Ayatollah.

It's interesting to see the corruption in Sacramento being revealed.

I don't suppose Yee's arrest had anything to do with the fact that the Asian State Assemblymen and Senators recently banded together and stopped the recent push to re initiate affirmative action race quota's in California Universities?
Maybe Yee's arrest was a sort of payback from the Hispanic Assemblymen to the Asian members for betraying "Hispanic" legislative interests in Sacramento?

My connection to the events of the recent battle, might be somewhat of a stretch, but I don't doubt that the culture of corruption in Sacramento reaches all area's and I don't believe payback is entirely beneath our Mexican legislators.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:14 AM
Continent Thief

Not to sound disrespectful, but what does this have to do with illegal immigration?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 03-26-2014, 08:16 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post
Thanks for alerting us to this story Ayatollah.

It's interesting to see the corruption in Sacramento being revealed.

I don't suppose Yee's arrest had anything to do with the fact that the Asian State Assemblymen and Senators recently banded together and stopped the recent push to re initiate affirmative action race quota's in California Universities?
Maybe Yee's arrest was a sort of payback from the Hispanic Assemblymen to the Asian members for betraying "Hispanic" legislative interests in Sacramento?

My connection to the events of the recent battle, might be somewhat of a stretch, but I don't doubt that the culture of corruption in Sacramento reaches all area's and I don't believe payback is entirely beneath our Mexican legislators.
No, I don't think that had anything to do with it. The possibilities that have more likelihood behind Yee's arrest would be a small band of republican manipulators who have been laying back, giving a few less principled democrat politicians enough rope and opportunity to hang themselves just before the upcoming elections. The other possibles are that Yee betrayed someone, a longtime supporter, a contributor...something along those lines, and he was made an example out of for those who know, but remain silent for their own benefit and safety.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:18 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
Not to sound disrespectful, but what does this have to do with illegal immigration?
Check his votes on driver's licenses for illegals, the SAFE act, and related, for one thing. Also, if you check our corporate statement, you'll see that SOS agenda also advocates for the 2nd amendment rights for California citizens.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:20 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Good news! Good to hear from you Ayatollah.
Right back at you Twoller. You've been absent longer than me.

I've been down lately, but have been feeling a little better lately than months past. I'm hoping to be back on the streets again soon
Old 03-26-2014, 08:24 AM

Ayatollah, what is Yee's voting record on driver's licenses for illegals, and the SAFE act?

I think it is interesting that you and I both think it is possible that Yee's arrest is a payback of some sort.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:44 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post
Ayatollah, what is Yee's voting record on driver's licenses for illegals, and the SAFE act?

I think it is interesting that you and I both think it is possible that Yee's arrest is a payback of some sort.
He voted in favor of the SAFE act, the TRUST Act, and more recently wrote a law to de-value the English language in commerce. That last bill would have allowed retailers of fish products to keep records in the language of their choice, complicating the enforcement efforts against poaching and selling poached fish. As it stands now, when the fish and wildlife people come to inspect, you have to provide receipts for the fish you purchased to sel in English. He thought that was too big of a burden for immigrants.

there's an update from me on this somewhere on the forum recently
Old 03-26-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
None of this stuff happens in an isolated vacuum, it's not a one issue package.

There are many reasons to be rid of Leland Yee, just as there are many reasons to be rid of Obama (who's been spamming me lately beseeching for help in recruiting the reluctant to enroll in Obamacare).

Want immigration law enforced in California? Leland Yee and a whole host of his "progressive" buddies in Sacramento need to go, just as nationally Obama has to be neutralized or forced out along with his "progressive" buddies in Congress and the executive branch in order for immigration law to be enforced on a national level.

Yesterday I made a statement to a Tea Party group that they need to investigate "tough on crime" candidates they endorse, what is meant behind the rhetoric because if they don't they may wind up loosing their freedoms and rights. Both the right and the left need to be held accountable for their actions and both can be equally dangerous to the public welfare.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-26-2014 at 09:23 AM.