Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-11-2012, 11:31 AM

Default Now what ?

Rick Sanatorium dropped out. Thanks at last !

Newt Gingrich threw in the towel ! Gratefully decent and intelligent !

The media isn't reporting anything about Ron Paul.

Common sense says that Mitt is our next President who I support unconditionally with great conviction.

Hopefully my fellow Americans will independently decide as to the best avenue to our future for our people, our family' our future generations
Old 04-11-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post

Common sense says that Mitt is our next President who I support unconditionally with great conviction.

Hopefully my fellow Americans will independently decide as to the best avenue to our future for our people, our family' our future generations
Why are you so passionate about Romney? What is he going to do about illegal immigration? What makes him different from the Obamination?
Old 04-12-2012, 05:50 AM

Default Reply:

First, I'm only voicing my own personal preference. I'm definitely NOT lobbying for Mitt, or selling him or trying to push him onto anyone.

Mitt looks Presidential, he acts Presidential, he is self made, he is successful, he has been married to the same woman, never in a sex scandal, he's Mr. Clean, and he has most of the positions I agree with on most issues, be it energy, labor, health insurance and immigration. He's from the old school. A serious straight shooter.

Here's what Roy Beck says about his stance on illegal immigration.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/D...spx?id=1575860

But who knows. All politicians promise the moon !

I'm so enthusiastic about him because it appears that he is the only candidate that is likely to beat Obama.

His website can be checked for more on his issues. http://www.mittromney.com/jobs

Last edited by wetibbe; 04-12-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
First, I'm only voicing my own personal preference. I'm definitely NOT lobbying for Mitt, or selling him or trying to push him onto anyone.

Mitt looks Presidential, he acts Presidential, he is self made, he is successful, he has been married to the same woman, never in a sex scandal, he's Mr. Clean, and he has most of the positions I agree with on most issues, be it energy, labor, health insurance and immigration. He's from the old school. A serious straight shooter.

Here's what Roy Beck says about his stance on illegal immigration.

But who knows. All politicians promise the moon !

I'm so enthusiastic about him because it appears that he is the only candidate that is likely to beat Obama.

His website can be checked for more on his issues. http://www.mittromney.com/jobs

From your link:

Quote:
Romney likely best since 'Ike' on illegal immigration

Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 4/12/2012 4:40:00 AM

The head of an organization that advocates for reduced immigration believes Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney would be far better than recent presidents in dealing with the daunting problem of illegal immigration.

With the recent departure of Rick Santorum from the Republican field, Numbers USA's immigration presidential scorecard is down to President Barack Obama and three GOP candidates. Roy Beck, founder and president of the immigration think tank, says Romney's "B-minus" grade is a stark contrast to Obama's "F-minus" -- and better than Newt Gingrich's "D" and Ron Paul's "D-minus" grades.

"In terms of rating him with any Republican or Democratic nominee for president, Romney's not perfect on this issue," he says, "but I'm going to say [he] would probably be on a par with [Ronald] Reagan [and] better than every other nominee until you go back to Eisenhower."

According to Beck, the former Massachusetts governor is excellent when it comes to opposing amnesty and advocating the need for E-Verify. "Romney is very, very strong on the idea that the number-one thing we have to do is shut off the jobs magnet," he states. "He said the number-one thing is to have mandatory 50 state E-Verify."

The Numbers USA founder says having a president push hard for shutting down the "jobs magnet" would be a tremendous step forward on the immigration front.
Big deal. Jobs have nothing to do with why illegals are here. The only reason we have illegal immigrants in this country is that any attempts to throw them out through simple enforcement is arrested by illegal immigration supporters in government. If he will not promise to enforce against illegal immigration, then he is no better than the Obamination. Saying he is like Reagan is even worse, Reagan gave us our current illegal immigrant population with his amnesty program.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:44 AM
SOS Associate

We are not going to get any meaningful action on immigration enforcement from any president. We have to get it by forcing it on the president. That said, Mitt has at least spoken favorably about enforcement, and all the others have not. If he flips on that, at least we'll have something to complain to him about. If any of the rest are elected, all they have to say is "I never promised any enforcement". I'd rather have the option of calling the president a two faced backstabbling liar as opposed to having him say "you voted for me after I already told you I wasn't you're man on the immigration issue". John McCain comes to mind
Old 04-14-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
We are not going to get any meaningful action on immigration enforcement from any president. We have to get it by forcing it on the president. That said, Mitt has at least spoken favorably about enforcement, and all the others have not. ...
Do you have a direct quote anywhere? It could mean some enthusiasm from me.