Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-04-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
I also vote, despite the lack of a candidate to vote for. In addition, I am torn between a love for the process, and disdain for what it has become. I have little support for the system that is being so corrupt that I no longer trust or believe the results. But I still vote because I want the system there after the corruption has been evicted. This might be compared to having faith in God, even when corrupt ministers dominate the churches.

It is absolutely vital that people continue to go to the polls even though they see that nobody is running to represent them. Always submit a ballot anyway, but always be sure to mark off a blank space. Don't just submit that ballot with no marks. It is important to go out because otherwise the candidates and media can just write it off as apathy. When you submit a blank ballot, they can't say that. You should be able to vote, "none of the above", but until we can, improvise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post

I am a single issue voter now. The immigration issue has my primary attention. It may not be the most troubling issue as seen by hard right conservatives who place right to life at the top, nor the priority of those whose life revolves around economics. But it is the one thing I believe I can stay focused on in the face of the efforts to lead me elsewhere. The economy has affected me profoundly. The wars and patriot act trouble me daily. But if I cannot force my government to play by the immigration rule book, I sincerely doubt I can affect the other two. Likewise, if I can force the government to play by the immigration rulebook, I can instill a sense of worry in those who have been corrupting other aspects of our government that might be more of an issue overall
I agree. The immigration issue is everything for me. If a candidate will not support acting against illegal immigration in an aggressive and comprehensive way, I'm not going to support them. Not now, not ever. If this is the last issue I ever uphold my whole life, then so be it. Throw them out, slam the door shut and don't give me excuses as to why you can't. Don't ever wait for me to change my mind about it.