Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-04-2014, 06:28 PM
SOS Associate

Default Senator De Leon Introducing Bill To Strip 187 From Record

http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalert...nia-codes.html

I have not read the bill, but it appears to be a gut and amend of a firearms bill. We'll see it tomorrow. But the overall intent is to strip 187 language from the welfare code, and the education code. I'm not real sure they can do this without a ballot vote. The people voted it in, and the courts declared most of it unconstitutional. It's always open to review though, so I don't know how the state legislature plans on removing it yet. In any case, De Leon is issuing all the usual "immigrant" propaganda. I don't care for this guy at all, and it's obvious he's looking towards a higher office

Quote:
He described Proposition 187 as one of "the most mean-spirited and un-American" measures in California history. Backed by then-Gov. Pete Wilson, voters approved it twenty years ago, though it was quickly invalidated by the courts.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:14 PM

This project is keeping De Leon busy on something that is moot, so he isn't doing other things where he could do real damage.

Like one more crack at destroying the economy; more tax extortion schemes ( I mean "user's fees"); chase around after YOUR so called carbon footprint while making loopholes for HIS noncompliance; attempt to bring about yet another form of racial preference while denouncing us as racists; creating legislation which would instantly turn all adults in the state but teachers, LEO's, and State legislators into pedophiles while encouraging deviant sexual behavior among elementary school children...

The insane possibilities are endless and some day he and his Sacramento buddies may visit them all.

So pack your groceries into plastic supermarket bags, drink a super sized soda with a double cheese burger and large order of fries and thank God he's not in his usual California Democrat fascist workshop for the time being.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 06-04-2014 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:14 AM
SOS Associate

OK, the leginfo site is still showing this 396 bill as a gun control bill written by Hancock. So I contacted De Leon's office at the capitol, and was informed that this IS a gut and amend bill. The firearms language is out, and new language is in. They said they would email it to me today. She also said they feel that since the courts ruled it unconstitutional, De Leon feels there is no need for a constitutional amendment to strip it out. I disagree...vehemently! A federal court did not issue and order to remove anything from our constitution. It just bars enforcement. Add to that that ruling can still be challenged. We have to fight this.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
OK, the leginfo site is still showing this 396 bill as a gun control bill written by Hancock. So I contacted De Leon's office at the capitol, and was informed that this IS a gut and amend bill. The firearms language is out, and new language is in. They said they would email it to me today. She also said they feel that since the courts ruled it unconstitutional, De Leon feels there is no need for a constitutional amendment to strip it out. I disagree...vehemently! A federal court did not issue and order to remove anything from our constitution. It just bars enforcement. Add to that that ruling can still be challenged. We have to fight this.
My apologies, I spaced that the bill tampers with a former ballot measure which became part of the constitution, even though the measure has been invalidated by the courts, my thought was that he was off wasting time on some symbolic bs. The gut and amend shows that he's trying to hide putting his hands in the cookie jar.

It doesn't matter the subject matter of the measure - it needs to be fought. There is a reason for citizen end run around the state government and they're not supposed to be messing with the process.

Senate Bill 396.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 06-05-2014 at 10:22 PM.