Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > United States Federal government

United States Federal government Topics and information relating to the federal government of interest to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-21-2011, 11:26 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
What's to stop them from getting together and attacking us now?.
Incentive. Give them a reason for holy war, and that will unite the lot of them
Old 03-21-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Incentive. Give them a reason for holy war, and that will unite the lot of them
It will motivate the ignorant rabble consisting of religious extremists, the last thing a dictator playing off one faction against the other really needs.

It might spin out of his careful control and take him down.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:51 AM

As far as Iraq goes, our military has their hands tied while they are there. It's a mess everywhere we look.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:28 PM

What I am curious about is where are all the anti-war activist? When are they going to protest?
Old 03-22-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole Younger View Post
What I am curious about is where are all the anti-war activist? When are they going to protest?
The anti-war activists as an establishment kind of front imagine the that they have some political solidarity with the forces arrayed against Qaddafi. The current international forces arrayed against Qaddafi do not discourage this point of view, even though it is rather obvious that the various outbreaks of civil unrest we are seeing in Egypt, Lybia and elsewhere are the work of the Muslim Brotherhood, a Middle Eastern version of Al Qaida and no doubt very much aligned with Al Qaida.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:53 PM

I do not see a need for our presence in the Middle east at all. If our government had done its job and fulfilled its obligations to the people that they represent our borders would be secure, we would have achieved energy independence, gasoline would probably go for less than $1.50 a gallon at most, and our economy would be sound.

This "affliction" that has our government sending our military all over the world wherever there is civil unrest or war will in time see its way here too as foreign armies land on our shores to "help us out".

Oh happy day. I can see that coming some day soon if we are unfortunate enough to be unable to get intelligent, reasonable men and women to replace the rabble that is now running an ruining this nation.

My guess is that we will have within twenty years time less than fifty states in the Union and a Federation or alternate coalition of states living under our founding documents .

As for the Arabs, the Muslim Brotherhood my be the binding force active in uniting all of the Middle East against the USA with a plan to give us the "payback" they feel we deserve for having killed so many of their brethren.

Like George Washington said, "Avoid foreign entanglements".
Old 03-30-2011, 09:39 PM

President Obama's Most Amazing Libyan Achievements

Victor Davis Hanson

By bombing Libya, President Obama accomplished some things once thought absolutely impossible in America:

a) War-mongering liberals. Liberals are now chest-thumping about military "progress" in Libya. Even liberal television and radio cite ingenious reasons why an optional, preemptive American intervention in an oil-producing Arab country, without prior congressional approval or majority public support -- and at a time of soaring deficits -- is well worth supporting, in a sort of "my president, right or wrong" fashion. Apparently liberal foreign policy is returning to the pre-Vietnam days of the hawkish "best and brightest."

b) Europe first. Many Americans have long complained about the opportunistic, utopian Europeans. Under the protective U.S. defense shield, they often privately urged us to deal with dangerous foreign dictators -- while staying above the fray to criticize America, at the same time seeking trade advantages and positive global PR. But now the wily Obama has out-waited even the French. He has managed to shame them into acting with a new possum-like U.S. strategy of playing dead until finally even Europe was exasperated -- almost as if the president were warning them, "We don't mind the Gadhafi bloodletting if you, who are much closer to it, don't mind." The British Guardian and French Le Monde will be too knee-deep in the Libyan war, busy chalking up Anglo-French "wins" and worrying about European oil concessions, to charge America with the usual imperialism, colonialism and militarism. We are almost back to the 1956 world of the Suez crisis.

c) Iraq was just a Libyan prequel. Conservatives have complained that past opposition -- especially in the cases of then-Sens. Barack Obama and Joe Biden -- to George W. Bush's antiterrorism policies and wars in Afghanistan and Iraq was more partisan than principled. Obama ended that debate by showing that not only can he embrace -- or, on occasion, expand -- the Bush-Cheney tribunals, preventative detentions, renditions, Predator attacks, intercepts and wiretaps, and Guantanamo Bay, but now preemptively attack an Arab oil-exporting country without fear of Hollywood, congressional cutoffs, Moveon.org "General Betray Us"-type ads, Cindy Sheehan on the evening news, or "Checkpoint"-like novels. In short, Obama has ensured that the exasperated antiwar movement will never be quite the same.

d) Monster-in-recovery. The Gadhafi clan has been wooing Westerners through oil money and multicultural gobbledy-gook. In the last few years, the British released the Lockerbie bomber, a native of Libya; Saif Gadhafi, the would-be artist and scholar and the son of Col. Muammar Gadhafi, essentially bought a Ph.D. from the prestigious London School of Economics; the creepy Harvard-connected Monitor Group hired out cash-hungry "scholars" to write on-spec tributes to Gadhafi's achievements; and singers Mariah Carey, 50 Cent, Beyoncé and other entertainers earned a pile of petro-dollars for crooning before the Gadhafis. Then, suddenly, Obama spoiled the fun and profits by turning Gadhafi from a rehabilitated monster back into Ronald Reagan's old "Mad Dog of the Middle East."

e) Stuff happens. Many supporters of the Iraq war condemned Abu Ghraib as the poorly supervised, out-of-control prison it was. Lax American oversight resulted in the sexual humiliation of detained Iraqi insurgents. It was a deplorable episode in which, nonetheless, no one was killed, and yet it took an enormous toll on the credibility of administration officials. But while the media covered the Libyan bombing and the Middle East uprisings, a number of Afghan civilians allegedly were executed by a few rogue American soldiers. That was a far worse transgression than anything that happened at Abu Ghraib under Bush's tenure -- but apparently an incident that in the new media climate, can legitimately be ignored. Obama made "stuff happens" a legitimate defense for those doing their best to run a war from Washington.

f) War really is tiring. The media serially blamed a supposedly lazy Ronald Reagan for napping during military operations abroad. George W. Bush was criticized for cutting brush at his Texas ranch while soldiers fought and died in Iraq. Obama rendered all such presidential criticism as mere nitpicking when he started aerial bombardment in the midst of golfing, handicapping the NCAA basketball tournament and taking his family to Rio de Janeiro.

g) The road to Damascus? After Bush's interventions in Iraq and Afghanistan, many war-weary Americans believed that we would never again get involved in a Middle East war. But now, with Obama's preemptive bombing of Libya, giddy American interventionists are again eyeing Iran, Syria -- and beyond!

In short, Obama turned America upside down when he bombed Libya -- and in ways we could have scarcely imagined.

http://townhall.com/columnists/victo...nts/page/full/

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-31-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:29 AM

From post #3 to the very end of this thread, is what I have been wanting to read since the Egypt conflict started.
There is some one/thing behind the unrest besides ' citizens wanting freedon'. Someone wants all the Mid East I believe. The plan seems to be well thought out. I was amazed that we turned on Mubark, he was our friend, why him?
What are we going to do when we have the same kind of 'uprising' in this country? I do think it is coming.

I want to thank everyone who has posted in this thread, most people I know do not want to talk politics so I am mostly left to my own thoughts.

I will say that I don't think we should have been involved in firing a single shot or missile into Libya. Those people did not have anything nor any training for the fight they started. I have heard them say "We need help" and " Where is Obama".
Only a fool will start a war they know they cannot win.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
... I was amazed that we turned on Mubark, he was our friend, why him?

I think it is a common misconception that somehow the West just suddenly dumped our "friend" Mubarak. First, Mubarak was nothing like a friend to the US or the West. The only reason we propped up Mubarak was that he threatened to go to the Soviet Union at one time for support. The Soviet Union is gone and not only that, but Mubarak is sick and probably dying. He is retired and the inevitable outcome of the retirement of a dictator is chaos. He was not dumped by anyone. This whole mess was planned way in advance by the Muslim Brotherhood and other Muslims in the Middle East and anyone could see this day coming.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:48 PM

Post #16 and #19 are saying the things that I am looking for. All this had to be planned for some time. Those so called rebels run as soon as they see Kadifi's military and they get a burst of enegery and just start firing in the sky. Actually, no courage, no plan and no weapons. One had a plastic pistol and another had a knife.
The Muslim Brotherhood was my first thought. It could be even worse, and who is in the middle of it, USA!
There is still more hidden some place.