Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > California Schools

California Schools Topics And Information Relating To California Schools

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-16-2011, 09:47 PM

Default tuition increases

Am I the only one in CA that can connect the dots? Give free education away in the name of the "Dream Act" to some, and then raise the rates for others??? Students are protesting, but they are not acknowledging the real dilemma. Sheesh.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:35 AM

Good to see you again Ohio.
No, I don't think any one can see what is happening. So help me, I do believe something is wrong with our citizens.
Let us hope the Anti Dream Act we are working on now is a success.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:59 AM

I've never been a fan of "Student protests, but I have to agree that our kids are being screwed royally. The consequences of losing a war they never even realized was being waged against them....until after it was lost.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:34 PM

@ topic
I looked at the 2010-2011 budget and it spent 122 billion and this budget is 129 billion and the state played 3 card monte with money that doesn't show up. Now the schools will use phoney numbers to raise the fees and tuition and they all the teachers will get a big pay raise and in 6 months the state will give colleges 5 billion and they will get another pay raise and again raise costs. This is a way for the colleges to pay their employees the budget is full of lies and tricks.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:46 AM

I've seen this for a couple of years. It looks dismal for my two girls, because they are Americans!
Old 11-24-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Army Mom View Post
I've seen this for a couple of years. It looks dismal for my two girls, because they are Americans!
It saddened me to read your post because I know it's true. Besides you and a handful of other Americans, virtually no one speaks for your girls or millions of other American children who have been officially relegated to second class citizenship.