Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-07-2010, 09:44 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Default OK, I've been convinced ...

Earlier today, Pocho Patriot posted something he found on Craigslist that touched upon the issue of illegal immigration. It made for a good thread. Consequently, I logged on to Craigslist myself and came across this gem. And no, I haven't made this up. This is how it appeared verbatim.

Legalization of Immigants is Need (LA)

FRIST OFF NO HUMAN IS ILLEGAL. THAT IS WRONG TO CALL HUMANS 'ILLEGAL'. IMMIGANTS COME TO US TO MAKE LIFE HERE BETTER FOR ALL. WE DO JOBS RACSIT WHITES WILL NOT DO. WHEN WE DO THOSE JOBS WE MAKE YOUR LIFE EASYER. ALL IMMIGANTS ASK FOR IS LEGALIZATION AND THE RIGHT 2 HAVE THINGS THAT US PEOPLE HAVE LIKE FOOD, MEDICINE AND SCHOOL. PEOPLE COME TO US FOR BETTER LIFE 2. THEY WANT TO WORK AND MAKE MONEYS FOR THERE FAMILYS IN MEXICO OR EL SALVADOR OR WHAT COUNTRY THEY COME FROM. WHEN WE GET LEGALIZATION WE CAN MAKE OUR LIFES EVEN BETTER FOR OUR KIDS AND FAMILYS. THAT IS ALL WE WANT. WE DO NOT DO ANYTHING THAT HURT YOU. HOW DOES FAMILYS WHO LOVE EACH OTHER BEING TOGETHER HURT US WHEN US IS BUILDED ON FAMILYS? IMMIGANTS ARE ABUSED AND HURTED BECAUSE THEY CANT COME FORWARDED WITHOUT FEAR OF RACSIT DEPORTATION. THAT IS NOT FAIR. US SHOULD NOT BE PLACE WHERE IMMIGANTS ARE TREATED LIKE CRIMINALS. WE ARE NOT DIFFERENT THEN THE PEOPLE WHOS HOUSE WE CLEAN. WHO 2 SAY THAT MY KIDS WONT BE THE PRESIDANT OR A DOCTOR WHEN THEY GROW UP? WHY SHOULD THEY BE TREATED DIFFERANT BECAUSE THEY MAY NOT BE LEGAL IN THE EYES OF SOME PEOPLES. THAT MAKES NO SENSE. I WORK HARD.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:00 AM

Well, this racist white woman has cleaned toilets also. I've done slave labor work years ago to keep food in my childrens mouth. No, I didn't go to welfare and didn't even know it existed. I tried to obey all laws to set a good example. So take your crap and shove it. And by the way, my children are brown, but were raised to follow laws. Yes, I had one who didn't, but overall, raising 9 children, my average is great. Go to H_________!

Last edited by Patriotic Army Mom; 01-08-2010 at 08:01 AM. Reason: spelled wrong..
Old 01-08-2010, 08:03 AM

Makes me want to vomit. Every thing I read about these people makes me loath them more and more.

In 2008, the L.A. Times ran an article about the 40th Anniversary of the great Chicano student strike and walkout in 1968, when "Chicanos" walked out of classrooms in protest of racism (What else?), lack of funding for chicano studies, poor academic performance, blah, blah, blah.

The Times' forty year anniversary report summarized the history. In the 40 years after the walkout, California spent billions of dollars on "Chicano Studies," "Gay Chicano Studies", Lesbian Chicano Studies" Chicano History, Chicano Literature, Chicano Sociology, Chicano Psychology, Chicano Alienation, etc.

To what end? The Times concluded that although the 1968 strike was a great historical milestone for Chicanos, they still have the same problems: Low test scores, high dropout rates, gangs, violence, poverty, racism, intolerance....blah, blah, blah.

Let's examine the 40 year historical period before 1968. Let's use 1969 as a benchmark year because the stock market crashed in 1929, 40 years before, and the depression began. Forty years later, in 1969, white Americans had beaten the depression, won a world war, invented the aero space industry, invented space ships and transported astronauts to the moon and back.

Now Americans, who beat the depression, won WW2, invented a new civilization and space exploration, are being dispossessed by third worlders who can't even figure out freshman algebra.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Makes me want to vomit. Every thing I read about these people makes me loath them more and more.

Let's examine the 40 year historical period before 1968. Let's use 1969 as a benchmark year because the stock market crashed in 1929, 40 years before, and the depression began. Forty years later, in 1969, white Americans had beaten the depression, won a world war, invented the aero space industry, invented space ships and transported astronauts to the moon and back.

Now Americans, who beat the depression, won WW2, invented a new civilization and space exploration, are being dispossessed by third worlders who can't even figure out freshman algebra.
Mexico is certainly the problem here. It is a complete derelict country with no world standing given its population size. For its wealth, it assumes no responsibilities or ambitions of progress. Compare Mexico with India. India has suffered brutal colonization from two empires, one English and the other Muslim. It's thrown them both out and has resumed its own culture and absorbed the cultural fallout from its victimizers. It has a space program and a vital industry that reflects its own peculiar needs. It contributes to the world and its broader problems where it can, even though it continues to be a poor country. It suffers alongside the west as a victim of terrorism and gets no sympathy for it, but does not back down or bend under it.

Both Mexico and India contribute to the US's illegal immigration problem, but Indians are much more likely to make vital contributions to the US economy when they are legal. No other subculture in the US has less to argue for its own vitality here then Mexican immigrants. Even when they are here legally, there are basically the recipients of a kind of public job program, doing work that nobody needs doing, jobs that would disappear if we could make them disappear.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:16 PM

Such a fine example of the typical LAUSD student.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:55 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
India contribute to the US's illegal immigration problem, but Indians are much more likely to make vital contributions to the US economy when they are legal. No other subculture in the US has less to argue for its own vitality here then Mexican immigrants. Even when they are here legally, there are basically the recipients of a kind of public job program, doing work that nobody needs doing, jobs that would disappear if we could make them disappear.

Bullseye. That is the reality of the situation. Southern California has essentially become a taxpayer funded orphanage for much of the unwanted excess population in Mexico and Central America. Many of the illegals and anchors subsist on low paying jobs, govt. services and the generosity of the wealthier citizens in the area.

In reality, the bus boy, fast food worker positions, gardening duties and other menials tasks they perform are more like "chores" that children are assigned rather than contributions to the economy. Just like children, they consume far more than they contribute.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Bullseye. That is the reality of the situation. Southern California has essentially become a taxpayer funded orphanage for much of the unwanted excess population in Mexico and Central America. Many of the illegals and anchors subsist on low paying jobs, govt. services and the generosity of the wealthier citizens in the area.

In reality, the bus boy, fast food worker positions, gardening duties and other menials tasks they perform are more like "chores" that children are assigned rather than contributions to the economy. Just like children, they consume far more than they contribute.
The other day the LA times ran a story about how Latinos were (Duh!) the majority in the San Fernando Valley.

They then went on to say that while crime was down for LA in general, the crime rate was still higher in the SFV than the rest of Los Angeles.

But then they said the rate of University educated people were up, while saying something like (I believe this is a correct quote, I tossed the paper) 14% of the population has an income of less than $15K a year (impossible to live on in the SFV and not explained by the Times).

And, nowhere did they break down the percentage of illegal alien to American citizen while using the word "Latino".

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 01-08-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:40 AM

FRIST OFF NO HUMAN IS ILLEGAL. THAT IS WRONG TO CALL HUMANS 'ILLEGAL'. IMMIGANTS COME TO US TO MAKE LIFE HERE BETTER FOR ALL. WE DO JOBS RACSIT WHITES WILL NOT DO.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

OK !

Then let's get rid of the Federal Government, Congress, Senate, Justice Department.

Let the border jumper make the rules ! Or maybe Mexico !!!!

Mexico's Immigration Law: Let's Try It Here at Home
by J. Michael Waller (more by this author)
Posted 05/08/2006 ET
Updated 05/08/2006 ET

Mexico has a radical idea for a rational immigration policy that most Americans would love. However, Mexican officials haven’t been sharing that idea with us as they press for our Congress to adopt the McCain-Kennedy immigration reform bill.

That's too bad, because Mexico, which annually deports more illegal aliens than the United States does, has much to teach us about how it handles the immigration issue. Under Mexican law, it is a felony to be an illegal alien in Mexico.

At a time when the Supreme Court and many politicians seek to bring American law in line with foreign legal norms, it’s noteworthy that nobody has argued that the U.S. look at how Mexico deals with immigration and what it might teach us about how best to solve
our illegal immigration problem. Mexico has a single, streamlined law that ensures that foreign visitors and immigrants are:

in the country legally;
have the means to sustain themselves economically;
not destined to be burdens on society;
of economic and social benefit to society;
of good character and have no criminal records; and
contributors to the general well-being of the nation.
The law also ensures that:

immigration authorities have a record of each foreign visitor;
foreign visitors do not violate their visa status;
foreign visitors are banned from interfering in the country’s internal politics;
foreign visitors who enter under false pretenses are imprisoned or deported;
foreign visitors violating the terms of their entry are imprisoned or deported;
those who aid in illegal immigration will be sent to prison.
Who could disagree with such a law? It makes perfect sense. The Mexican constitution strictly defines the rights of citizens -- and the denial of many fundamental rights to non-citizens, illegal and illegal. Under the constitution, the Ley General de Población, or
General Law on Population, spells out specifically the country's immigration policy.

It is an interesting law -- and one that should cause us all to ask, Why is our great southern neighbor pushing us to water down our own immigration laws and policies, when its own immigration restrictions are the toughest on the continent? If a felony is a
crime punishable by more than one year in prison, then Mexican law makes it a felony to be an illegal alien in Mexico.

If the United States adopted such statutes, Mexico no doubt would denounce it as a manifestation of American racism and bigotry.

We looked at the immigration provisions of the Mexican constitution. [1] Now let's look at Mexico's main immigration law.

Mexico welcomes only foreigners who will be useful to Mexican society:

Foreigners are admitted into Mexico "according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress." (Article 32)
Immigration officials must "ensure" that "immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents. (Article 34)
Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets "the equilibrium of the national demographics," when foreigners are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and when "they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy." (Article 37)
The Secretary of Governance may "suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest." (Article 38)
Mexican authorities must keep track of every single person in the country:

Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73)
A National Population Registry keeps track of "every single individual who comprises the population of the country," and verifies each individual's identity. (Articles 85 and 86)

A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).

Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be imprisoned:

Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)
Foreigners who sign government documents "with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses" are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)
Foreigners who fail to obey the rules will be fined, deported, and/or imprisoned as felons:

Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)
Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)
Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico -- such as working with out a permit -- can also be imprisoned.

Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says,

"A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally." (Article 123)
Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)
Foreigners who "attempt against national sovereignty or security" will be deported. (Article 126)
Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered criminals under the law:

A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)
Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)
All of the above runs contrary to what Mexican leaders are demanding of the United States. The stark contrast between Mexico's immigration practices versus its American
immigration preachings is telling. It gives a clear picture of the Mexican government's agenda: to have a one-way immigration relationship with the United States.

Let's call Mexico's bluff on its unwarranted interference in U.S. immigration policy. Let's propose, just to make a point, that the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) member nations standardize their immigration laws by using Mexico's own law as a model.

This article was first posted at CenterforSecurityPolicy.org.

Last edited by wetibbe; 01-09-2010 at 05:44 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
[B]FRIST OFF NO HUMAN IS ILLEGAL. THAT IS WRONG TO CALL HUMANS 'ILLEGAL'.
No human is illegal. Quite true. People are not illegal. ACTS are illegal. Someone who commits an illegal ACT is not an illegal, they are criminals. That's why I refer to them as criminal aliens and not illegal aliens. Criminal is the proper designation.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:57 AM

Default Hi Kathy.

How ya doin? Always glad to hear from an intelligent American.

I always enjoy your laser sharp intellect and good old fashioned common sense and decency.

Yep, you're right as usual. I agree !

Bill Tibbe