Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-24-2010, 06:41 PM

Default McCain sympathizes with undocumented students

http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=12529590

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Senator John McCain tells KGUN 9 News he sympathizes with the illegal immigrant students who put their residents in the United States on the line to show their support for the DREAM Act.

The bill would grant students who are under the age of 16 and illegally in the country a path to citizenship if they meet certain requirements. The three undocumented students face deportation after a sit in demonstration inside McCain's Tucson office. The senator later met with the students to hear their side of the story.

"Their situation is one that they're in jeopardy. They want to stay in the U.S. They say they can be contributing citizens to our country and I accept everything they say," McCain said.

The students were all brought to the United States when they were very young and have lived here ever since. There are thousands of people like them in the country so KGUN 9 News asked McCain what he thinks should happen with them.

"It's probably going to have to be part of comprehensive immigration reform but also the fact is we have to secure our borders first," McCain said.

The students want Congress to pass the dream act by June 15th. It would create a pathway to citizenship for undocumented students under the age of 16 who meet certain requirements. Mccain told us he knows the students have a difficult mountain to climb.

"They have my sympathy, it's a very tough humanitarian situation. I really have great sympathy for them. They put their very residence in the U.S. On the line when they came to my office," McCain said.

One of those students, Mohammad Abdollahi is originally from Iran. He told us as a gay man he can't return or he could be put to death. KGUN 9 News asked McCain what he recommends Mohammad do.

"He can apply for humanitarian reasons that he could remain in the United States of America. I don't know the merits of his case but I know that we as a country don't deport people if they can make a case that they're going into a situation where there lives and well being would be in danger," McCain said.

The senator told KGUN 9 News as far as the DREAM Act is concerned, the democrats are holding up the process. He told us the majority hasn't brought it up for consideration.

Thomas Jefferson

http://www.hireamerican.org
Old 05-24-2010, 06:43 PM

McCain

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thomas Jefferson

http://www.hireamerican.org
Old 05-25-2010, 05:24 AM

Well if this doesn't put the final nails in Mcmorons coffin
I don't know what will
Old 05-25-2010, 07:20 AM

And people tell us how much better he would be than Obama. I tell you there is no one out there that will do what it will take to at least try and stop this madness. That is from the political bottom to the top.