Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > United States Federal government

United States Federal government Topics and information relating to the federal government of interest to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-16-2009, 06:19 PM

Default Winchester to Deliver 200 Million 40-Cal. Rounds to Homeland Security

I am not a conspiracy theorists by any means...

However, is there anything to find independent confirmation of this:

Quote:
Winchester to Deliver 200 Million 40-Cal. Rounds to Homeland Security
August 22, 2009

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Winchester Ammunition was recently awarded a contract by the Immigration, Customs and Enforcement (ICE) division of the Department of Homeland Security to supply a maximum of 200 million, 40 cal. rounds over the next five years.

The load selected for this contract is a 135-grain, hollow point designed for the office of Field Operations of Customs and Border Protection. It will fall under the Winchester Ranger line.

http://www.gunreports.com/news/ammo/...CE_1460-1.html
From the blog underneath:

Quote:
What in the wolrd does one organization, not military in scope, need with 40 million rounds of pistol ammunition every year for the next five years(that is over 3.33 million rounds every month)? Especially an organization that will NOT profile possible terrorists from outside the country but, will and does profile our own US combat veterans as probable urban terrorist against the sitting government
Quote:
Being in the military for six years (I am a disabled veteran), I can tell you this for a FACT - hollow point bullets are NOT used in "target practice". We need to wake up. These bullets are for use on US!
Quote:
Perhaps it applies only to declared wars/strictly "military" use, but I thought the Geneva Convention OUTLAWS hollow points for international use. In addition, it must not be expanding or frangible. Instead, it specifies FMJ "hardball" for humane reasons.

Could that mean either someone made a mistake in ordering, or the ammunition isn't meant to be used outside US borders?

I find it difficult to believe our current administration would be willing to illegal ammunition and incur the wrath of the governments of our NAU brethren or international enemy combatants.
Quote:
I recently met two serious and sober-minded, retired law enforcement gentlemen who are stockpiling AR-15 and thousands of rounds of ammo. Each believes we will experience unprecedented civil unrest where they and their families will need the weapons. I wonder if they are privy to intelligence information that we do not have access to?
Quote:
Hi, I was a weapons expert for the last 6 years I was in the Army. That being said, there is something everyone is overlooking here. 135gn, vs 165gn ammo, is destined for .40 cal sub-machine guns, and gives them a little more range and speed than a pistol. Those guns, vs pistols are for room (house) clearing. You never stress pistol practice/profficiency when headed to combat. In combat, when in pistol range, it is too late. But if you want to clear a building, to maybe confiscate weapons, you would want a .40 MP10. I would like to know how many .40 cal sub-machine guns our govt has procured. please think about this.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:27 PM
SOS Associate

made a mistake here
Old 12-16-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
made a mistake here
Could you elaborate?

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Old 12-16-2009, 07:29 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Could you elaborate?
I made a comment and it was wrong. didn't do my math correctly.

This is probably nothing though. The guvamint is always buying too much for too much so they can sell it as surplus to a brother-in-law middleman who will sell it to some thrid world dicktater and make a bundle, of which 1/3 will go to the campaign of several democrats or republicans
Old 12-16-2009, 07:45 PM

I don't know what to think of it.

A coworker mentioned it the other day, and gave me the website standeyo.com when I asked where he heard it, which linked me to the page I quoted.

I don't trust much of what's out there on the web, stuff can be and often is made up or wildly exaggerated.

If it's true, it just seemed like two hundred million rounds is a lot of lead for a non-military branch of the government.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:49 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
I don't know what to think of it.

A coworker mentioned it the other day, and gave me the website standeyo.com when I asked where he heard it, which linked me to the page I quoted.

I don't trust much of what's out there on the web, stuff can be and often is made up or wildly exaggerated.

If it's true, it just seemed like two hundred million rounds is a lot of lead for a non-military branch of the government.
Yes it does, but not when there's money to be made and dicktaters to be propped up. It looks real though. It appears to be from an RSS feed from winchester.

Quote:
The load selected for this contract is a 135-grain, hollow point designed for the office of Field Operations of Customs and Border Protection. It will fall under the Winchester® Ranger® line of products.

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 12-16-2009 at 07:53 PM.