Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > United States Federal government

United States Federal government Topics and information relating to the federal government of interest to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-19-2010, 05:11 AM

Haitian illegals can stay. We're bringing in tens of thousands of children, now we're bringing in others. 40,000 in the first wave.

We are importing our own demise.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:05 AM

Yes we are being forced into oblivion. What money do they think we have left? Doesn't the Federal Government realize that they have bankrupted a great many Americans?

We're the ones that need to have the Feds help us...by cutting taxes and abandoning ridiculous "humanitarian" efforts like this one. We're broke folks! There's nothing left to give anyone!
Old 01-20-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
The answer is, as someone posted on a forum a few years ago, " Before they get dry". Just where the Hell do you think they would find a place to live, find food and water right now? For once I can agree on our illegal non-enforcement.
I'm with Rimo on this one, what would they go home to?

I have new respect for Anderson Cooper here -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-P5D887IcI
Old 01-20-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
The answer is, as someone posted on a forum a few years ago, " Before they get dry". Just where the Hell do you think they would find a place to live, find food and water right now? For once I can agree on our illegal non-enforcement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMyOwn View Post
I'm with Rimo on this one, what would they go home to?

I have new respect for Anderson Cooper here -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-P5D887IcI
"Before they get dry"? Really? What made the Haitians so different from all the other illegals? Was enforcement against illegal Haitians really that successful and complete? Was it that aggressive? Were we actually holding Haitians that we were ready to ship back?

Why did the photographer continue to shoot Cooper? What was Cooper doing carrying a camera? I respect news photographers. They are brave souls usually and a little crazy sometimes too. But not when they become the subjects of their own work. And news announcers? A little skepticism is in order. If this had been reported, but not photographed, I'd be a little less cynical.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
What made the Haitians so different from all the other illegals?
Nothing except their country is in shambles . . . what would they be going home to?
Quote:
Were we actually holding Haitians that we were ready to ship back?
According to DHS, yes.

Quote:
Why did the photographer continue to shoot Cooper?
Why not?
Quote:
What was Cooper doing carrying a camera?
I would suspect that being equipped with more than one camera on hand in a place like that is standard procedure.
Quote:
And news announcers? A little skepticism is in order. If this had been reported, but not photographed, I'd be a little less cynical.
You're skeptical that the footage is fake? Well, I guess anything could be staged, but if not, Cooper took a big chance with that kids blood all over him.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:00 PM

Anderson Cooper is a jackass. He did nothing there in Haiti that you or I would not have done given the same circumstances. Remember his Teabagger comments, I didn't forget. He's no hero.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:06 PM

I suggest that the Haitians here be packed up and sent back to Haiti where they are needed to help rebuild the country. After all, they have been kept healthy, well fed, they are strong and should be sent back immediately where they can help their OWN PEOPLE. There is no reason why the Haitians should be relying strictly on non-Haitians to do what they should be doing.

SEND THEM BACK NOW.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Anderson Cooper is a jackass. He did nothing there in Haiti that you or I would not have done given the same circumstances. Remember his Teabagger comments, I didn't forget. He's no hero.
"Hero"? no, I wouldn't go that far, I said "a new respect". I figure a guy like him may have kept walking and left the kid unattended, many elite snobs wouldn't have gotten dirty.

Respect? yes, Hero? no
Old 01-21-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
I suggest that the Haitians here be packed up and sent back to Haiti where they are needed to help rebuild the country. After all, they have been kept healthy, well fed, they are strong and should be sent back immediately where they can help their OWN PEOPLE. There is no reason why the Haitians should be relying strictly on non-Haitians to do what they should be doing.

SEND THEM BACK NOW.
They are "temporarily protected" from deportation. I think it would be more expensive to deport them (about 200,000 of them)and feed and supply their needs, than a temporary stay here.

I think the other countries need to step up to the plate and assist with supplies, we seem to be towing a big load.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMyOwn View Post
"Hero"? no, I wouldn't go that far, I said "a new respect". I figure a guy like him may have kept walking and left the kid unattended, many elite snobs wouldn't have gotten dirty.

Respect? yes, Hero? no
My statement had nothing to do with what you posted, it was not a response to you. I was stating what I felt about the video and my reaction to it.